Whats the biggest energy source/power plant you've made?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

apemanzilla

Jul 29, 2019
Fully self-sufficient fusion reactor - when all the plasma gens ran, it managed about 50k eu/t. Needless to say, the only times I ever ran them all was after chunkloading errors when my reactor wasn't loaded. (I actually managed this on a server without cheats)

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
No I do not use creative in my builds. I do use creative on test worlds to figure stuff out but for my builds it is 100% survival play.

For that build I stated with Lava using IC2/GT centrifuge to make gold. Later I switched over to a SoulShard tier 5 pigman shard to get my gold.

It was a long involved build. But I enjoy that sort of thing. My current project in my sig is much in the same vain. It a large build done in servivual.

Thank you for mentioning soul shards. I never looked into them before but I now have gold blocks being produced automatically!

It's hilarious to see them spawn and fall mid-air.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Mob grinders are kind of sad because the instant mobs are brought to life they die :p

Then when they're dead they're like wut

Yeah that's true. So many gold blocks for decorative purposes!

I had a question about cow soul shards. Can these cows breed at all? From what I understand, mobs spawned from soul shards cannot be used to collect more soul shards. So I'm wondering if their breeding has been "snipped" as well. Lol.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You want sad... that same build I had an 8 shard mob system that was inclosed in glass and used quicksand to kill mobs. They would spawn, fall down, and then slowly die while you watched.

Yeah it was sort of evil.

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah that's true. So many gold blocks for decorative purposes!

I had a question about cow soul shards. Can these cows breed at all? From what I understand, mobs spawned from soul shards cannot be used to collect more soul shards. So I'm wondering if their breeding has been "snipped" as well. Lol.

It believe it has been taken out.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
you could always use MFR autospawner instead. They spawn mobs that count as legit mobs in always. It just need mob essance and for the most part it takes more essance to make a mob then you get from a mob. So most setups use a darkroom or soulshard to grind essance and then use that stored essance as needed for mob gen of choice.

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
you could always use MFR autospawner instead. They spawn mobs that count as legit mobs in always. It just need mob essance and for the most part it takes more essance to make a mob then you get from a mob. So most setups use a darkroom or soulshard to grind essance and then use that stored essance as needed for mob gen of choice.
I have an autospawner spawning blue slimes with a few grinders and i have about 500 buckets of mob essence, and i only recently set it up

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
if your using the slime essense loop I belive he has fixed that in more recent builds so don't relay on it.

Aeon

Jul 29, 2019
Still need to finish the walls. And roof... and floors.....

2013-08-06_14.17.14.png

4 of them produce helium plasma, and the other one produces iridium. In the center there are 124 electrolyzers and 3x overclocked centrifuges to produce fuel for the 4 reactors.
2013-08-06_14.16.42.png

Sorting out compressed air cells and whatnot at the top. Excess fuel storage in the middle. Lithium and power at the bottom.
2013-08-06_14.17.21.png

16 river bees with 1 frame each are producing clay for lithium. The stuff in the center produces my tungsten for wolframium.
2013-08-06_14.17.28.png

20 Matter Fabricators.
2013-08-06_14.16.27.png

A lot of igneous extruders producing cobblestone to recycle.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks Saice. Look at the gold I accumulated in one day. LOL. Gooooolllddddddd!!!!!! This is so hilarious! I'm going to go do the same for iron. Do zombies drop iron ingots naturally or must it be player killed?
GOLD.jpg

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
My biggest power source so far was 90 hv solars, so about 45K EU/t. 87 of them ran to a mass fab and 3 ran the rest of my base. Wanted to see how crazy you could get with a mass fab, it got so i could almost produce more hv solars just on the UU matter it made each day. Got a bit boring actually, when the world crashed i had made 5 hv solars in just one real world day.

Also had 80 igneous extruders and many recyclers, and the fab would run out of scrap within a minute of the sun coming up. I can see why greg realized that scrap with the regular mass fab was lopsided, it requires less power than his version, but giving it scrap is crazy hard to keep up with.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
For mob essence, I just used my Tier 5 Endermen shard (man that is such a pain to get but I've got it done!) and process them through my MFR Grinder for drops and essence at the same time which then the essence was used to spawn other mobs that I need to make soul shards of. Those, I made them drop till 1 hp then kill them manually with a Soul Stealer enchanted to build MOAR SHARDS which to feed the grinder. :p