Whats the biggest energy source/power plant you've made?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Gabe224

Jul 29, 2019
Ya, and also say how much eu/mjt it produced. Mine so far is just a single 36 HP steam boiler and one Ultimate Hybrid Solar -not very exciting, hoping you guys have done better.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, well right now I think I have 17 advanced solar panels, 2 hybrids and one ultimate hybrid, which is something like 768 EU/t. I have 64 thermal generators outputting something like 1728 EU/t. I have two thorium cell reactors going cause I have 2000 thorium cells and that'll take a forever to use. They provide something between 240-300 EU/t. I'm at something like 3k EU/t.

For my MJ generation, throughout my base I have localized engine rooms, I think my engine count is something like 200 combustion engines running off of biofuel, so that's around 1000 MJ/t. I also produce biofuel out the yin yang, so I could amp that up, but I have nothing to use it on.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Quantum Generator in a 9x9. Limitless renewable energy.

Actually not. Thanks to the law of conservation of energy (since it's the law we have to adhere to it) this energy is coming from somewhere. Extensive research has shown that the energy is actually produced by kitten and puppy fat in generators and then transferring these through quantum entanglement to the location where the energy is needed.

So you're actually murdering kittens and puppies. You sick bastard!

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Actually not. Thanks to the law of conservation of energy (since it's the law we have to adhere to it) this energy is coming from somewhere. Extensive research has shown that the energy is actually produced by kitten and puppy fat in generators and then transferring these through quantum entanglement to the location where the energy is needed.

So you're actually murdering kittens and puppies. You sick bastard!
Oh my god. I'm a terrible person. We weren't even testing for that.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I have a group of five nuclear reactors... one breeder, two uranium, one thorium and one plutonium reactor. Output is in the neighbourhood of 1,000 EU/t; they're trimmed for efficiency and low running cost, not mass EU/t.

The humming sound they make as a group is quite impressive.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken quantum generators are not craftable as they are used in creative mode for a supply of immediate energy ?

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Well you didn't say what pack...

So in 152wgt, I had 15 36HP boilers providing power converted eu to provide the startup energy required for the fusion reactor which produced helium plasma. Prior to updating the server to a newer pack, I had 23,000 buckets of that stuff stored up even though I was using it to run 6 plasma generators on the reactor, 5 on an array of matter fabricators, 1 for fuel processing and intermittently had a few others up while derping around with the new GT teleporter (which didnt work in multiplayer in that version). Each plasma gen produces 2048eu/t, so I guess I was producing about 24,576eu/t (not counting the boilers). I also had 8 dragon energy siphons in the End stuffing 8192eu/t through an IDSU. So I guess 32,768eu/t total.

Sadly though, without the teleporter functioning, there wasn't really much to spend it on other than rebuilding my house out of iridium reinforced tungstensteel and chrome; which I did.

Jakeb

Jul 29, 2019
I think the biggest power plant I ever built was 75 large turbines being fed steam from an atomic science fusion reactor. I think each large turbine is slightly more powerful than a 36 hp boiler, so that must have been something like 11,250 mj/t. I never actually hooked up the last 25 to the power line, but 50 was more than enough to power 8 laser drills and 8 mass fabs at full speed. I will never build anything like that again because my fps is normally around 80 but it dropped to 30 just looking at those turbines.

Benjywa

Jul 29, 2019
playing Gregtech - multiplayer

I gave up at 10 (5 solid and 5 liquid boilers) 3500 EU all the time - Biomass
1x quad reactor with GT reflectors - 140 eu/t - AE fed for 24 hour production
12 Ultimate hybrids = 6144 eu in the day - Meh - Solar is OP
Lightning rod - does anyone know the average eu/t on this?
UU fab is up to 5000 UU matter for my fusion that I want next

New factory I may use another UU fab and hook up more boilers but until I move to the new house I am not making anything new

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
a GT fusion reactor.
the multiblock itself isnt that large, but it is expensive and needs a HUGE level of automation to work.
lots of accumalators, electrolyzers, centrifuges, pipes, liquiducts, gates, engines, cables, MFSUs, transformers, and a few other things.

however, it does give pretty much infinite power.

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Running mindcrack 1.4.7.

About 24+ Ultimate Solar Panels laying around, another 4 hybrid panels, with another 64 advanced solar panels waiting to be converted into ultimates.

Goal is to reach 50k eu/t regardless of day/night. So that's eventually about 200 ultimate panels connected in pairs to MFSUs or 8 panels to a AESU.

If I need MJ, I go with 2 ultimates to get 75mj/t wirelessly throughout the day/night.[DOUBLEPOST=1375711805][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lightning rod - does anyone know the average eu/t on this?

It produces 8k EU/t. I'm not sure about the packet size. But because it is 8k eu/t, it finishes the 25 million fairly quickly (i.e., about 153 seconds).

If you step it down repeatedly, you can prolong it to about 40 minutes or so (if I recall using my old calculations), but only at 128 eu/t.

Dmyster

Jul 29, 2019
I love plasma generators as you can just use a tesseract and one of those generators to have power on the go ( portable power ) ! Although hard to get to that stage in the game I still find it cheaper than idsu's once setup ?

Benjywa

Jul 29, 2019
I meant - on average - what do you get in a weeks operation? I know storms are quite lumpy in their EU income but I wanted to make a decision if I should make one when we switch to 1.5 packs from ultimate

I may just make a separate UU fab and hook it up and wait a few days - it takes a bunch of iridium and I am seriously doubting it comes close to using the mats on solar instead. a stack of UU would take 41 strikes and it would be good to know what the average eu/t is over time

Can't find it anywhere