What's new in modded minecraft today?

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
I thought I would make a quick comment here with regards to this ModMyMC thing. The one thing I dont want is for this to be something that FTB takes over. We have picked the name because it doesnt have FTB in it. I am not looking for FTB news, this is Modnews. My goal for this is to try and give you guys tools to make this into something that can be taken advantage of by a larger audience. This thread will remain exactly how it is right now, I just thought it deserved its own section on the forums given its nature. The idea was to also create editors that came from regulars from within this thread (not existing FTB staff) and have them pick out the news items from here and then have these split off into individual threads which can then be fed via a feed directly to twitter. Again that was a neutral twitter in name and it is not meant to highlight FTB News.

I will say however My intention was this was to a) benefit existing people that use this thread and b) allow new people to become aware of its existence and have an easy way to access the news. If however as a collective you do not want any of this to happen let us know and we can change/adapt it so that it meets your approval.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I thought I would make a quick comment here with regards to this ModMyMC thing. The one thing I dont want is for this to be something that FTB takes over. We have picked the name because it doesnt have FTB in it. I am not looking for FTB news, this is Modnews. My goal for this is to try and give you guys tools to make this into something that can be taken advantage of by a larger audience. This thread will remain exactly how it is right now, I just thought it deserved its own section on the forums given its nature. The idea was to also create editors that came from regulars from within this thread (not existing FTB staff) and have them pick out the news items from here and then have these split off into individual threads which can then be fed via a feed directly to twitter. Again that was a neutral twitter in name and it is not meant to highlight FTB News.

I will say however My intention was this was to a) benefit existing people that use this thread and b) allow new people to become aware of its existence and have an easy way to access the news. If however as a collective you do not want any of this to happen let us know and we can change/adapt it so that it meets your approval.
Sounds good to me

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

This was discussed a number of pages back extensively. Among the problems it imposed was:
That it scattered the news about instead of leaving it in just one place to find it.
It would still be up to a select "elite" few to pick who the editors are. And that there was to truly fare way to pick.
That it would discourage new posters by making it seem like there are only a few lucky ones who had all the power.

And since no one could find solutions to those problems and it only served to foster arguments in the community the hole idea was dropped.

And I would add a few other points of note.
That it totally leaves out the ones that only post on a infrequent basis.
It would eventually be filled with editors making it little more than a pore copy of this thread.
And that there would be any number of new posters who only posted to become an editor and then ether drop it or troll the crap out of it.

Reactions: RedBoss

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
This was discussed a number of pages back extensively. Among the problems it imposed was:
That it scattered the news about instead of leaving it in just one place to find it.
It would still be up to a select "elite" few to pick who the editors are. And that there was to truly fare way to pick.
That it would discourage new posters by making it seem like there are only a few lucky ones who had all the power.

And since no one could find solutions to those problems and it only served to foster arguments in the community the hole idea was dropped.

It would eventually be filled with editors making it little more than a pore copy of this thread.
And that there would be any number of new posters who only posted to become an editor and then ether drop it or troll the crap out of it.
1.agreed, pretty much.
2.actually, you just have to submit a form thing.(first post in the thread)
3.see 2

4.see 2
5.i bet there is a way of filtering the forms or something.
6.see 2

Reactions: DrowElf

Fixided

Jul 29, 2019
Now no one shall quit modding! MUAHAHAHAHHAH!
Microsoft owns Mojang, and by extension, Minecraft, a situation that has certainly caused a stir over the last few months. Many players have expressed concerns that Microsoft would make grand, sweeping changes to the game - everything from subscription fees to sequels - but Phil Spencer, the head of Microsoft's Xbox division, does not seem interested in going down that road.

Last week, Spencer described Microsoft as "shepherds of the [Minecraft] IP," while adding that there were no plans to rush into merchandising deals, such as cartoons, toys, or spin-offs. "I think we earn permission to do other things with Minecraft when we meet the Minecraft community's desires around what the franchise is," said Spencer. "I don't want us to go and try to make it something it isn't, but I do think it has room to grow."

On that same note, a sequel wasn't directly on Microsoft's radar. "I don't know if Minecraft 2, if that's the thing that makes the most sense," Spencer said. "The community around Minecraft is as strong as any community out there, and I think we need to meet the needs and the desires of what the community has before we get permission to go off and do something else. It doesn't mean everything we're going to do is going to map to 100 percent of their acceptance, because I don't know if there is any topic where 100 percent of the people agree. But...job one, is to go out and meet the needs of the Minecraft community first, and then we can think about ways we can actually help grow it."

What does all of this mean for players, in terms of changes? Very little, at the moment. Snapshots, updates, and everything that makes Minecraft what it is will continue along, much as it always has. The 1.8.1 pre-release already came out last week, shoring up a number of bugs and performance problems, with more fixes on the horizon. What new features can be expected? As with any major update, there is normally a period of quiet, as focus shifts from features to fine-tuning. Not to worry, the feature-heavy Snapshots always make a return!

@Yusunoha, gif please.
====================

Oh, and @Glassmaker made a new thread for Tinker's Mechworks.
- Bunch of fixes to Drawbridges.
- Added a black list for the drawbridges, can be modified in the configuration.
- Fixed Signal terminal powering the facing block.
- Fixed rendering the Dynamo as an item.

How many mods is @Glassmaker developing now? That guy gets all my respect.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

DJ3hEmu.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1414482190][/DOUBLEPOST]new day, new update, and today it's @CrazyPants with Ender IO
CrazyPants said:
Ender IO 2.1.7.254
Changes
  • Added EnderRail
  • Added Dark Steel Anvil (tterrag)
  • #1145 Added RedNet support to insulated redstone conduits (fnuecke)
  • #1133 Update zh_CN.lang (Mrkwtkr)
  • #1138 Created cs_CZ.lang (nalimleinad)
  • #1156 Updated CoFH API
Bugs
  • Fixed Transceivers losing items when single player worlds reloaded without restarting MC
  • More than one stack of quartz can now be placed in alloy smelter when making fused quartz
  • #1150 Crash when Farming Station Error trying to plant Pam's Mob Seeds (nb, they don't work, but it wont crash)
  • #1152 Fluids blocks missing names
  • #1153 Item conduits crash with invalid item stacks (one without an item assigned)
  • #1159 Painter allows you to paint glowstone with a painted block causing crash

Last edited:

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for this reply, my first instinct for this and one that I feel might work is that we make off of these new threads created hidden. We keep all conversation in this single thread. I actually like this idea as it will allow us to delete all of these extra threads daily as their only purpose at this point is for the RSS feed which which go direct to twitter and maybe in time to the launcher.

The idea about only selecting the best ones, with this I feel you may be misinterpreting what my goal here is. I dont want to cherry pick news items, as long as it falls under something that is even remotely newsworthy then I want it to be tweeted out. My idea is to have a twitter account that will spam 10-20 tweets a day if there is that much news.

The only reason for us to have editors in the first place is because there is a level of trust involved as the tweet will be automated and we need to make sure only appropriate news items are tweeted and this isn't abused. I may have an alternative idea for this though, let me talk to some people.

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
For all that may come, i'm still bringing a GregTech update:
GregoriusT said:
V5.06.00:
Added ItemData System in order to specify the Components of an Item when possible. This has changed quite some API things.
Added Microwave back.
Added Arc Furnii for reversing Recipes using Smelting.
They output Annealed Copper and Wrought Iron whenever Copper or Iron would come out of it.
Added proper uses for Wrought Iron and Annealed Copper in regular Iron/Copper Recipes.
Wrought Iron can be used to make Steel much cheaper Energy wise.
Changed a few Pulverization Recipe Durations.
Added a lot of new Recycling Recipes and improvements to some other ones.
Texture Locations for the generic Basic Machines changed.
Fixed a bunch of Bugs.
Edit:
Also a small IHL tools and machines (IC² addon) update:
Foghrye4 said:
So, 0.515:
- GlassBox now will drop what it contents.
- Wailer now have his/her own "hurt" and death screams.

Last edited:

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
Last edited:

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
New mod: AE2 stuff

Warning: This mod is in alpha state. Back up your worlds if you like them. I am not responsible for corrupted saves, reset chunks, stolen pizza and dead kitten.

Added Blocks:

• Crystal Growth Chamber
    • Allows pure crystals to grow without dropping them into water
    • Can also form Fluix Crystals
    • Crystal seeds, and materials for Fluix crystals can be piped from any side
    • Finished results can be extracted from any side
    • Consumes 100 AE/t when active, will automatically switch off
    • Crystals will fully grow within 600 ticks (~30 seconds)
  • Pattern Encoder
    • Allows encoding patterns using NEI [?] button (a-la AE1 Pattern Encoder + NEI Addons)
    • Requires network connection to function
    • Consumes 1 AE/t constantly