What's new in modded minecraft today?

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, here is how the finished stained pipes look like. This is the last pic on this thread, I promise. Next up: Gate copiers!

Is there a build server I can download this from? BC pipes are on my list of stuff to retexture anyways, this just pushed them near the top.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
Is there a build server I can download this from? BC pipes are on my list of stuff to retexture anyways, this just pushed them near the top.

Retexturing BC pipes is near-impossible due to intricacies of the rendering system - making them any fancier will cause things to break. Also, there are unofficial build servers, but please do not use them as I like to experiment.

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, here is how the finished stained pipes look like. This is the last pic on this thread, I promise. Next up: Gate copiers!

owoFJ5zpEJjq.png
Are the diagonal lines meant to not join up?

Reactions: 1SDAN

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
True enough, but worth noting that he never asked for an easy way, just an easier way (which is functionally identical to 'less insanely difficult to some degree')

I've always considered EIO to be something of a mid to endgame-ish mod as it takes a bit longer to get set up and is a bit more powerfull than TE. Why would you want to mess with that progression. Besides a vanilla mob farm can produce plenty of Ender Pearls for early game use.

Reactions: Pyure and RedBoss

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
How so? The basic generator and machines are cheaper than TE's for example. The ender pearl requirements for a few things aren't all that bad, given how you get 24 item conduits from a single pearl for the earliest thing you can do and that sword made of dark iron guarantees pearls on kills. Also, Enderminies, which seem far more common than Endermen.

Reactions: Pyure

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @lumien with Random Things
Lumien said:
Random Things 2.1.9
  • Added: Config Option for the visual effects of the Bloodmoon
  • Added: Spectre Glass (Solid for Players, Not Solid for monsters)
  • Added: Gintos (A way to revive other players)
  • Changed: You can't sleep during a bloodmoon (Configurable)
  • Fixes: DUPE BUG (SO UPDATE :p)
  • Fixes: Spirits not respecting looting
  • Fixes: "/rt setBiomeCapsule" being able to set biome capsules to invalid ids.
  • Fixes: Crash with Biome Capsules
  • Fixes: Crash with a Wireless Lever
  • Fixes: Souls not despawning after a player respawns
  • Update: zh_CN.lang
  • Update: ru_RU.lang

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
Enhanced Biomes updated to 2.5 about a week ago, only just noticed.
Changelog:
Fixed crash with Forge versions 1220+.
Added Xeric Shrubland biome.
Split Woodland category into Boreal and Broadleaf. Mollisol now generates in the Plains category and standard dirt in the Boreal category.
Added Single Biome WorldType.
Added safeties to biome generation lists.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, and today it's @ErogenousBeef with Big Reactors
ErogenousBeef said:
Big Reactors 0.4.0rc11
  • Dependency: Forge dependency update to 10.13.2.1232
  • Compatibility: OpenComputers support upgraded from 1.3 to 1.4. Big Reactors now works with OC 1.4 instead of 1.3.
  • Compatiblity: Yellorite ore now has the additional oredict name oreYellorium, for the convenience of mods which automatically add ore/dust/ingot recipes based on names, such as AOBD.
  • Localization: Updates to Russian, Chinese and Korean translations (thanks Adaptivity, ViKaleidoscope and puyo061!)
  • Localization: Czech translation added (thanks nalimleinad!)

and @boni with Tinkers Construct
boni said:
Tinkers Construct 1.7.1b
  • Better IMC support for materials
  • More Localization
  • Flux modifier now needs at least battery capacity/1000 in durability to be applicable
  • Compressed Cobblestone can only be melted up to 4x
Bugfixes:
  • Crashes with crafting table
  • AOE-Tools not getting proper callbacks for each broken block
  • Fix wings not repairing with moss
  • Fix traveller gear not being repairable
  • Fix goggle and belt toggling
  • Emerald Smeltery values
  • Combressed Cobble Smeltery values and derpage
  • More crash fixes
  • More smaller fixes
Tinkers Construct 1.7.1c
  • Small fix for the crafting table fix.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Here's an interesting one to keep an eye on:

Control Panels - A project red add-on

SecretBaseControls50.png

If your contraption requires more than a couple of buttons or levers to operate, the controls can take up a lot of room and leave you puffed out running back and forth between them. A Control Panel lets you fit up to 16 levers, buttons and indicator lamps into one block space for the ultimate in compactness and ease of use.

You can make a Control Panel out of any material that a Cover can be made from. Controls for use on the panel can be left plain or painted any of 16 colours. Individual labels can be placed above and below each control.

The control panel can be mounted on a surface as shown here, or it can be placed flush in a wall with the cable connecting from behind, so that all the wiring is hidden.

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I just uploaded version 1.20 of RFTools with the following changelog:

1.20/1.21:

• Visual improvements of the teleportation beams.
  • Important bugfix that could cause the matter receiver and transmitter blocks to sometimes cause crashes when the GUI was opened.
  • The in-game manual recipes look a lot nicer now.
  • Many other small improvements and bugfixes.
  • Three new logic blocks. Two of them are usable in general redstone situations but one is specific for the power generator. All three are added to help set up the power generator.
  • The most important new feature of this release is a new (and rather involved) power generation system using enderpearls. Check out the wiki for more information on how it works and be prepared for a challenge.
Especially the power generator is an important change in this release. It adds a new and challenging way to generate RF. In theory it should be capable of generating a lot of RF but the challenge will be for you to actually achieve that. There is also an interesting balance between waste of fuel (ender pearls in this case) or trying to design the generator as efficiently as possible.

Since this is the first release of the power generator it is possible that the actual power generation values will still be tweaked in future releases to make sure it is balanced enough. So don't depend on things to work 100% exactly as they do in this release.

Hotfix 1.21 for a GUI crash on the sequencer block

Last edited: