What's new in modded minecraft today?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting today with a helpful little tool made by @Hidendra called Materials Calculator
Hidendra said:
I made a calculator to calculate resources required for an item. All data is automatically plucked from the mod pack itself and not manually entered, so there may still be some issues (there definitely are).

Link: http://mats.mcstat.us

The usefulness of a tool like this should become very obvious if you ever want to craft some mid-endgame stuff, such as the glorious ME 16M Storage

Some current issues:
  • Magical crops can really make everything, so a lot of recipes will happily use magical crops. This might be great for some, but here's a reason you might not want to. I haven't yet made the calculator simply ignore crazy paths such as using magical crops for everything
  • A lot of items tagged as vanilla really aren't. Vanilla is more of a default category at the moment, but I'll try and fix it someday.
  • Not all mods will be shown in the Mods List, but almost all are. This is because some authors have not included a mod information file.
  • Items that take up durability or are not consumed (e.g. quartz cutting knife) are not taken into account, so it adds 1 every time it's used.
FTB Monster, Agrarian Skies, and Magic World 2 are currently supported (from what I've tested). More can easily be added.

Let me know what you think or if there's something missing you'd like to see.

and @bdew who's updated his mod called Deep Core Mining
bdew said:
Deep Core Mining 0.0.1.20
  • Update build system to 1.7.10
  • Updating to 1.7.10, WIP
  • Networking system rewrite, more updating
  • Fixed chat messages
  • Use newer IC2 API, bump BDLib version
  • Fixed recipes and RF support
  • Prevent log spam about missing textures
  • Fixed scanner inventory sync and using up reports when there's nothing to scan
Deep Core Mining 0.0.1.21
  • Load after TE (fixes broken recipe)

and @Kulttuuri who updated Quick Hotbar Mod
Kulttuuri said:
Quick Hotbar Mod 1.02
  • Mod is no longer required in server! Just add the mod in your client to enjoy the functionality ^_^
  • You can still add the mod to your server, and if you do so server will assist in organizing the items for not having any sync issues. If you add the mod to server, clients are also not required to have the mod installed so it is pretty safe to add the mod into your server.
  • Added keybinding to switch between row and column switching. That is CTRL + C by default (can be configured).
  • Added two new configurations options: ability to reverse the scrolling (useful for ex. in macs) and can set default scrolling mode (row or column switching).
  • Fixed so that armor icons no longer render on top of the inventory preview.

Abastro

Jul 29, 2019
My InvWorks mod is now version 0.2.2

Its concept is on the Machines in Inventory!

Current State: Be able to cook items, refine ores, smelt stone to lava, transpose fluid from a container to another container.

you can run it in your inventory even while mining, chopping trees or something.

FluidHeater1_zps13caaffe.png

MinecraftForum: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...t-mods/2104608-invworks-machines-in-inventory
Wiki: https://github.com/Abastro/SciAPI/wiki

ChangeLog:
ver 0.2.0
- Fluid Filler & Drain is added.
became able to transpose fluid from a container to another container in inventory.

- Fluid Mover & Item Mover is added
for automation in inventory, similar to pipe system.

ver 0.2.1
- Item Render Flickering Bug was fixed.

ver 0.2.2
- Added Recipes for Fluid Filler / Drain / Mover, Item Mover. (I forgot it in ver 0.2.0)

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Are those durability bars on the machine parts? I was thinking before that this mod sounded a tad OP, but I reckon that that's rather balanced it for me, seeing as before I hadn't seen any disadvantages it ought to have against block machines.

Reactions: JusticeOF666

Abastro

Jul 29, 2019
..There are no durability bars. It only expresses the progress.
But it is what I'm planning: item with durability bars.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
It's certainly highly useful for the life of a nomad, a rather common playstyle.

Plus, I imagine it's much more convenient than having to go through your base to get the machines you need.