What is your favorite mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Chocorate

Jul 29, 2019
MFR, and in second place, TiCo/Natura.

Treecaptitator and Optifine as well, but those don't count since they're more like patches/fixes.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Thermal Expansion, and I've just discovered a Stargate mod which I'm looking forward to using outside of creative test mode.

MFR may replace TE for me, once I get my 1.5.2 mod pack sorted out

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Right now it's dimension doors...

1. Essentially a void age without all the hassle of Mystcraft page collecting.
2. Keep inventory on death
3. Normally nothing spawns in a Dimension Door Age (have seen slime and those annoying monoliths-but more on that in a second)
4. Resources like stone brick, chiseled stone, wood chests, iron bars, redstone, pistons, tnt, etc etc etc all without fear of mobs.
5. Making a soul shard spawner and not needing to worry about losing inventory on death makes for some happy fun time battling waves of zombies when bored.
6. Limbo unraveled fabric of reality is a take-no-fall-damage block and easily harvested with punching or tool.
7. Daylight cycle the same as overworld so running factorization solar steam boiler and solar panels is possible
8. No rain.

Oh wow ... so totally left out those monoliths ... I use them early game to quickly scout out around my map for stuff. When you escape limbo you randomly go up to 500 blocks away.

Yeah, I'm liking it. :)

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
The Barney.wad for Doom II that turned the demons into Barney the Dinosaur.

There ARE lots of these threads, but compared to other threads that get rehashed, this one is he least flammable and is generally pleasant