What is your favorite mod?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight Forest. Someone show it to Mojang, that's how you do an alternate dimension, The Nether and The End are boring.

The Nether reminds me of good ol' quake back in the days. That game had 256 shades of brown too :p

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Having now used Tinker's Construct as a starting system, it seems quite well done, particularly with the balance between actually making you work for things (ore doubling isn't really a set-and-forget system), and rewarding you for them, and scaling to larger constructions for mid-game. The new system of making/using the casts is also very nice, once I worked out how to do it, and realised that I'd wasted a load of aluminium brass for nothing.

However, I'm not entirely sure I can ever forgive mDiyo for making me go hunt for large amounts of gravel. It just seems so wrong!

LO17

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite mod? I'm not too sure. I'm quite fond of Thermal Expansion although, quite recently I decided to delve into GregTech and I must say, don't knock it until you try it! Forestry is also a brilliant mod to play around with. Applied Energistics seems to have quickly taken over as a favorite for many players, in my opinion. It's an excellent mod. I'm *yet* to play around with Tinkers Construct or Natura which look to be quite fun.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I think my favorite modpack mod would have to be Thaumcraft. It's hauntingly beautiful and aberrant.
A close second would be Bilbiocraft. I just can't resist a trophy room.
And third goes to Twilight Forest. 'Nuff said.

ExusiaProspekt

Jul 29, 2019
My favorite mod probably, is without a doubt GregTech. It, with it's insane recipes, requiring massive time and massive infrastructure to support, adds a very hard-to-achieve late game element to FTB. Of course it can be stated that GregTech's machines are a gross misapplication of resources, but GregTech adds many, many powerful machines (Fusion Reactor, Superconductors, etc.) that other mods simply do not have counterparts for.

rymmie1981

Jul 29, 2019
TConstruct by a mile, especially with the new Drawbridge block. MPS, because it adds so many Quality of Life enhancements. MFR, because of its amazing synergy with pretty much everything else.

I've just now started getting into UE, but I'm having a ton of fun with it and it's going to be up there once I get into Atomic Science.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Applied energetics...

Get a awesome setup with a wireless interface and you pretty much have creative level ease of building. You still have to stock up materials but if you have it it's in your hands.
It's also the epitome of automation.
I say even without having set up auto crafting.