Upcoming Mod Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtech100

Jul 29, 2019
For me Lite pack is too lite - no Buildcraft, no Forestry, no AE, no Ender Storage, no barrels from Factorization, no IC2, no Biomes O Plenty, no Tinkers Contruct, no Railcraft - too LITE for me. I simply add those and thanks for master configs for all FTB packs guys - easy mod manipulation.

I wonder what mods will be in Tech World 2. Tech World 1 was really good tech mod pack.

Reactions: RandomMoped

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
For me Lite pack is too lite - no Forestry, no AE, no Ender Storage, no barrels from Factorization, no IC2, no Biomes O Plenty, no Tinkers Contruct, no Railcraft - too LITE for me - i have 2 GB of ram, no graphics card (only onboard) and Windows XP. I simply add those and thanks for master configs for all FTB packs guys - easy mod manipulation.

I wonder what mods will be in Tech World 2. Tech World 1 was really good tech mod pack.

We figured people would add some of their favorites. This is aimed at 1GB of RAM.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going go make a pack dedicated to having the mere necessities and have people add there own mods, add the necessities! Pams isn't really necessary, but buildcraft is almost always a must have.

This pack is dedicated to being lightweight , that means no duplicated processes and mods that were lightest in testing. Harvestcraft isn't in Lite. And the only functionality BC adds to this pack is a quarry. Automated mining can be done with the Laser drill in MFR.

Reactions: rhn

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
If you're going go make a pack dedicated to having the mere necessities and have people add there own mods, add the necessities! Pams isn't really necessary, but buildcraft is almost always a must have.
As it says in the change log:
these are the mods that performed best in testing on 32bit Java and 1GB of RAM.
I'm no expert on the matter, but maybe buildcraft just isn't as optimized for this as some of the other mods. And therefore the team would be sacrificing the playability of the pack for those people it is actually aimed for.Those with older less powerful systems. But as said, if you can handle it, you can probably add a few more without too much of an impact.

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
This pack is dedicated to being lightweight , that means no duplicated processes and mods that were lightest in testing. Harvestcraft isn't in Lite. And the only functionality BC adds to this pack is a quarry. Automated mining can be done with the Laser drill in MFR.

Sorry, I mean to say Agriculture. Advanced food options aren't really necessary and haven't been food was added to minecraft. Also, TConstruct should be added because there's a compete absence of any mod that adds advanced tools and would fit into the redstone flux power system. Besides, not much lag could be caused by a smeltery and a few new ores.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry, I mean to say Agriculture. Advanced food options aren't really necessary and haven't been food was added to minecraft. Also, TConstruct should be added because there's a compete absence of any mod that adds advanced tools and would fit into the redstone flux power system. Besides, not much lag could be caused by a smeltery and a few new ores.

These are the mods the perform best under testing and provide all the normal minecraft things, processing, farming, item energy and fluid transport and generation. And they all work well together. Redstone Arsenal the advanced tools for TE will be coming its awaiting a small bug fix. No mod "should" be added to any pack. Some people may have favorites that were left out due to test results and overhead. For that matter I have never built a pack without Forestry and TiC before. But this is a pack that can be run on the weaker computers that have been having issues with our larger packs. Its also customizable.

For clarification this is not about "necessities" it is about providing a pack that has a full tech tree and full range or minecraft things to do while still being playable on a smaller/weaker server. If your computer can handle more play one of the larger packs or add some mods.

RandomMoped

Popular Member
Nov 17, 2012
Somewhere on the internet
These are the mods the perform best under testing and provide all the normal minecraft things, processing, farming, item energy and fluid transport and generation. And they all work well together. Redstone Arsenal the advanced tools for TE will be coming its awaiting a small bug fix. No mod "should" be added to any pack. Some people may have favorites that were left out due to test results and overhead. For that matter I have never built a pack without Forestry and TiC before. But this is a pack that can be run on the weaker computers that have been having issues with our larger packs. Its also customizable.

For clarification this is not about "necessities" it is about providing a pack that has a full tech tree and full range or minecraft things to do while still being playable on a smaller/weaker server. If your computer can handle more play one of the larger packs or add some mods.

I honestly just feel that some sort of advanced tool/armor is an important part of the tech tree. I realize that If I really wanted to I could add any mod I wanted to the modpack, but I think that having mods for immediate access to other players would be good to have. If everyone lived on this basis of "If you like a mod, add it", modpacks wouldn't exist and would be completely irrelevant because people would just build there own packs to there own preferences. All I'm doing is saying that tools/armor would enhance both the tech tree of a modpack as much as something like food and automation would, and it would enhance the players experience (not to mention one or two mods won't add that much lag to a pack).

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think you realize it's a lightweight modpack for the low end computers. Having buildcraft and other mods you suggest would completely void the reason of FTBlite.

Those mods are more resource intensive.

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
The tools are incredibly cool. They have, from my testing, the second-highest max stats in 1.6 modded MC (Blood Magic's Red Morning Sta-er, Bound Pickaxe beats it out due to the right click ability).

Super-late game, as in Quantum level, armor for TE could be amazing.

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
Have you decided on putting ATG in the Unleashed pack, or does it clash with something?
I've tested it out a bit on Horizons and it looked amazing! I was about to start a new server when I noticed it was just a pack for new or heavily changed mods (i.e. no IC/BC :S).
Not complaining about Horizons, I fully understand what it's for, and fortunately you are working on the Unleashed pack so that's all fine and dandy.

Just gotta convince the players on my current Unleashed server that a world reset would be awesome :p

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is FTB Monster the upcoming Unleashed replacement? :D
yes Monster is supposedly the pack that is going to fill the role of the old Unleashed pack. See link posted below.

Have you decided on putting ATG in the Unleashed pack, or does it clash with something?
I've tested it out a bit on Horizons and it looked amazing! I was about to start a new server when I noticed it was just a pack for new or heavily changed mods (i.e. no IC/BC :S).
Not complaining about Horizons, I fully understand what it's for, and fortunately you are working on the Unleashed pack so that's all fine and dandy.

Just gotta convince the players on my current Unleashed server that a world reset would be awesome :p
Yes so far it looks like ATG is in Monster. Details are in the somewhat oddly named thread:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...ers-mod-pack-mod-list-new-feature-pack.35508/

Reactions: Tankh

Garimon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list out there of the modpacks and what mods each has, like an easy cross reference list? Thanks in advance everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.