Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe add a config option for the movement? I like to see animations on engines and such.

The texture will likely be animated, but I want to minimize the use of constant openGL updates. It's also not a simple option for us to support - that would literally be making two very different models and renders and changing what gets registered.

The other benefit of doing it this way is that we can modularize the textures, and there's a good technical reason for doing that going into 3.1.

Reactions: Silent_007

Tombstone101

Jul 29, 2019
This version is looking so nice, I'm a wreck in anticipation. Keep up the good work team cofh.

Thanks for entertaining me, and for the hard work, it is sooooooooo appreciated!

matheus P Pfitscher

Jul 29, 2019
Cool, lead will have more uses.

I cant wait to have TE3 on my hand, will finally have a way to introduce my friends on minecraft with mods without "Oh this is IC, this is BC, this is TE, this is TkCst... WiTH all this mess you can make minecraft really cool, but...you need to understand pipes, cables, tiers, mine even more..., have NEI to find out those million recipes..."

Future:
"This is TE3, or whatever a new name may rise, have fun."

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder what the result if TE moving from MJ will do for a modpack like Tekkit.
I dunno, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't change very much at all. From what I've read, TE tries to include compatibility for most energy systems, and there are screenshots in this thread of TE3 power equipment powering MJ machines (quarries) with no conversion step.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
I wonder what the result if TE moving from MJ will do for a modpack like Tekkit.
I see three main options:
1) Do nothing, keep it as is.
2) Stay with the MJ only theme, remove TE, replace with maybe ender io (that has conduits and a macerator and powered furnace equivalent)
3) Switch to RF only theme, keep TE, replace other mods that don't use RF.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
TE is capable of retroactive ore generation, so I doubt it would be an issue even if it needed anything beyond the "standard" copper, tin, lead, silver.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
I see three main options:
1) Do nothing, keep it as is.
2) Stay with the MJ only theme, remove TE, replace with maybe ender io (that has conduits and a macerator and powered furnace equivalent)
3) Switch to RF only theme, keep TE, replace other mods that don't use RF.

Such mods are likely to use RF? I assume MFR, UE and Applied Energistics? Does it actually make a difference because TE is supporting MJ?

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
King L. anyway you could make a treadmill powered dynamo? It would be a fun early game power source. Just run on it to generate power.
Latter automation could be done by having a (large?) mob run on it. Of coarse that would have crappy efficiency, even with multiple dyno-mills, as it would only work if the mob was moving. But it would be fun to see.
Some interesting ways to over come that might be to try having auto feeaders in front of it or golums.
And as part of a mob farm would be interesting to.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
King L. anyway you could make a treadmill powered dynamo? It would be a fun early game power source. Just run on it to generate power.
Latter automation could be done by having a (large?) mob run on it. Of coarse that would have crappy efficiency, even with multiple dyno-mills, as it would only work if the mob was moving. But it would be fun to see.
Some interesting ways to over come that might be to try having auto feeaders in front of it or golums.
And as part of a mob farm would be interesting to.

That would be very fun to watch.