The state of 1.6 Modpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
@911
#allTheThingsAreHappeningAndImScaredSoImJumpingOnTheHypeTrainTooBecauseSoaryn

Err... anyway, I hope this encourages more mods to update. This would be termed "good news", right?

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
@911
#allTheThingsAreHappeningAndImScaredSoImJumpingOnTheHypeTrainTooBecauseSoaryn

Err... anyway, I hope this encourages more mods to update. This would be termed "good news", right?
Basically, this is just labeling the 1.6 packs as ''done'. There will be no new updates for them at all after this happens. This means that any bugs or exploits will be ignored, making a clean break into 1.7.

Gotolei

Jul 29, 2019
I'm guessing dw20 isn't considered official, and will continue to receive updates as long as he makes them? Hasn't been mentioned in this thread from what I see.

Sadistical_satan

Jul 29, 2019
The fact that modpacks will be coming out soon for 1.7 is fantastic. But I can't help but to feel that something "bad" might happen to some of the mods, namely being Thermal expansion :\

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Like what?
Didn't you hear? Thermal expansion is a mod killer. It coldheartedly murders any mod in its way to world domination. It butchers all lesser mods that dare look its way.
Or so a vocal minority would like us to believe.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
sounds good :) I've been getting interested in 1.7, but was waiting for FTB to release modpacks, now that I know what might be a possible earliest ETA, I've something to look forward to :)

Sadistical_satan

Jul 29, 2019
Dude either say it or stop trying to scare people.
Sigh... alrighty... here I go..

Remember way back when KingLemming was going to release TE for 1.6.2 ..
Why I remember watching Slowpokes twitch stream and was sooo happy seeing everyone playing around with the newly implemented itemducts. But then not two weeks later..

(KingLemming: I'm not going to release thermal expansion unless we get 10,000 dollars in donations to charity, only then, will I release TE for 1.6.2..)

Does it surprise me that COHFcore was released for 1.7 not two weeks ago... not really -_-

While I have nothing against donating to charity, Hiding your mod behind a "donation" paywall is NOT the way to do it. After KL pulled this little stunt I can no longer take him seriously as a mod developer anymore.
And besides.. If you donate $400 to KL's patreon account he "might" add Redpower2 esque style frames to TE.. :(

Look, If you have the talent to add cool new features to your mod then JUST ADD THEM!!! Don't ask people to Buy Donate money just to get the new features... >:{

There ya go' I think I'm done for now..

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019

Why I remember watching Slowpokes twitch stream and was sooo happy seeing everyone playing around with the newly implemented itemducts. But then not two weeks later..

(KingLemming: I'm not going to release thermal expansion unless we get 10,000 dollars in donations to charity, only then, will I release TE for 1.6.2..)

Does it surprise me that COHFcore was released for 1.7 not two weeks ago... not really -_-

While I have nothing against donating to charity, Hiding your mod behind a "donation" paywall is NOT the way to do it. After KL pulled this little stunt I can no longer take him seriously as a mod developer anymore.
And besides.. If you donate $400 to KL's patreon account he "might" add Redpower2 esque style frames to TE.. :(

Look, If you have the talent to add cool new features to your mod then JUST ADD THEM!!! Don't ask people to Buy Donate money just to get the new features... >:{

Umm KL agreed to do that as a favor to Slowpoke and the FTB team to help raise money for charity. He wasn't going to release for 1.6 at all. We asked him to reconsider for the charity event. What's wrong with having a reward for a charity that supports sick kids?

And while there are mods that have special features and dev builds tied to patreon donations TE3 is not one of them. And of the ones that do have patreon goals for features they tend to be stuff the mod dev isn't keen on adding but the community seems to want. The 1.6 version would never have happened if I and Slow hadn't begged KL. It hit 2 birds with 1 stone, we got TE3 for 1.6 and we gave some sick kids some money.

The dev with RP2 style frames as a goal is RWTema not KL. TeamCofH's goal is to get skyboy a new computer because his is ancient. I think they also have a goofy goal of dragging KL back to dev work. Except a.) its not going to happen and b.) KL doesn't run the TeamCoFH patreon. c.) its not really a dev feature considering its already being updated.

So...

1. KL didn't put 1.6 behind a paywall. We got him to agree to a stunt for charity that caused him a lot of extra work
2. KL does not have a mod feature tied to a patreon goal
3. What's the issue again?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019

just what are you smoking?

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019

Uhh...wow. You're just so incorrect here I'm not sure where to begin. Jade basically said everything I could though. I'm not RWTema. I'm also not working on TE at this point. And the 1.6 thing was a TON of work for me, and it was going to happen regardless of the donations, I just wanted to give people a bit more incentive.

Fact is, I haven't made one single dime off of TE. Any and all funding we've collectively made as TeamCoFH has gone to everyone else on the team, with considerable donations to other mod devs in the community.

Sadistical_satan

Jul 29, 2019
Uhh...wow. You're just so incorrect here I'm not sure where to begin. Jade basically said everything I could though. I'm not RWTema. I'm also not working on TE at this point. And the 1.6 thing was a TON of work for me, and it was going to happen regardless of the donations, I just wanted to give people a bit more incentive.

Fact is, I haven't made one single dime off of TE. Any and all funding we've collectively made as TeamCoFH has gone to everyone else on the team, with considerable donations to other mod devs in the community.
Whoops yeah sorry about the Rp2 frames thing (Double checked my research and realized this chronic is a bit stronger that I've expected) But I will still not let you off the hook for hiding your mod behind a paywall Donationwall.
Shure I might be a cold hearted bastard But, anyone who donate's only to get "something" in return has a colder heart than me..

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019

Maybe it's the lateness of the hour or my own inherent weirdness or a combination of the two, but this statement made me picture a secret machine/recipe in TE that made in-game dimes out of metal ingots. :p

Then again, I feel like we need more weird silliness like this to remind us that we're talking about a GAME we (supposedly) play FOR FUN, and perpetuating the drama just ends up defeating the entire point of Minecraft as a whole. ;)

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Whoops yeah sorry about the Rp2 frames thing (Double checked my research and realized this chronic is a bit stronger that I've expected) But I will still not let you off the hook for hiding your mod behind a paywall Donationwall.
Shure I might be a cold hearted bastard But, anyone who donate's only to get "something" in return has a colder heart than me..

Who do you think you are?

You don't like the answer that's been given by Jaded and Lemming, so you just stick to your own version of the story.

You were right though, this is derailing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.