The Best Power Source

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
It's You're, as in You Are. Bro, do you even Contractions?
/meme /GN

Now, it's hardly fair to talk about "best power sources" anymore. There is only One BEST power source(at least for potential RF production). Get the latest copy of ReactorCraft by Reika and build a Tokamak Reactor already! I admit, it's a bit harder to convert to RF now IIRC,(caps on how much shaft power they can take limiting how much energy those engines output if I read the changelog correctly, unless that's input power thus generating shaft power?) But when we are talking over 1 BILLION RF a tick from what can be made from water...(IIRC) Is there much to discuss anymore?
I appreciate your help man, but please stop criticizing me before helping, that's what this forum seems to have turned into, a bunch of critics.
So, alright, I made a mistake, we all do.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Automation is the best source of power. An automated system that needs little to no input is the bees knees. Some do it with murdering villagers, others with tree farms. But anything that doesn't need me to touch it is always best.

The next time I get a cursed earth farm running, I'm going to power something from rotten flesh via Extra_Utilities culinary generators.
Bees knees...because bees are best automation... I made that into a pun didnt I... Anyways treefarms(only tested with MFR) are great

Reactions: RealSketch

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
While that reactor may be great, just realize that if you do it wrong, your ground will be a pretty shade of green ...

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized an alternate power source after big reactors. Once you've set up your first reactor it should convert the yellorium into blutonium. You can then use that blutonium to craft RTG fuel and get completely free and almost infinite power. It won't be a lot, but it's probably better than what you have going with the water mills. Then there'll be no need for conversion. Unless you wanna convert the power from the big reactors.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
It's You're, as in You Are. Bro, do you even Contractions?
/meme /GN

Now, it's hardly fair to talk about "best power sources" anymore. There is only One BEST power source(at least for potential RF production). Get the latest copy of ReactorCraft by Reika and build a Tokamak Reactor already! I admit, it's a bit harder to convert to RF now IIRC,(caps on how much shaft power they can take limiting how much energy those engines output if I read the changelog correctly, unless that's input power thus generating shaft power?) But when we are talking over 1 BILLION RF a tick from what can be made from water...(IIRC) Is there much to discuss anymore?

It's 5 Million RF/tick - 24000 RF/tick = 4976000. The Fusion Reactor from GT might produce more, I'm not sure.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
The "My old reactor exploded, here's a new one. EDIT: It exploded again". After three of those, you asked for a picture, and it was glowing green.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Lot of stuff about reactors, still, I'm glad it EU side as I am so much more comfortable with IC2! :)

Lordlundar

Jul 29, 2019
My personal choice is utilizing Thermal Expansion stuff as a core so it's going to be the dynamos. Which one always depends on what I have the most available resource wise as they are all equal in production. If I have a ton of coal or charcoal system set up I'll go steam, if I have a solid lava access I'll go magmatic and if I have a lot of oil nearby I'll go compression or if I want to go cross mod a railcraft boiler with steam dynamos.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
This is a fairly old thread I know but I could potentially inspire FTB'ers to use different power sources.
Anyway, back on topic, I'm currently setting up a biomass farm using items from my completely automatic MFR tree farm! ;)