Request Suggest mods for creation here

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019

Here is a mod I just D/L'ed, but its only 1.6.4 for now. It lets you add any mob from any mod to dungeon spawners with configurable wight.
I added Special Mobs to my pack to give it some variety and they can be used with this mod too, but I am pretty sure that the vanilla mobs spawned in dungeons already gain random Special Mobs properties as they spawn so even vanilla spawners have variety amongst the mobs spawning. However, a skeleton spawner will always spawn skeleton types, etc...
LINK
Also check out the Limited Mob Spawner from Project Zulu, it's even more customizable, but unless you're building a map I'm not sure how to use it really...It has options to spawn mobs almost like a playlist as well as many more options. And for even more customization, check out Mob Properties if you're still in 1.6.4. Can't WAIT for Father Toast's mods to update to 1.7 ! =(

T10a

Jul 29, 2019
Since there's lots of various ores around (metallurgy), how about a mod that allows you to create jewellery and decorations using various items! They can be made in a special table, that creates the base metal/wooden/stone/whatever furniture/jewellery, and then you can add gemstones or additional metals on multiple layers! Think tinker's construct meets Better Homes & Gardens! (Probably an obscure show on here but who cares?) Think gloriously engraved metallurgy Adamantine thrones embedded with Project Red rubies, sapphires and peridot, with engravings of a crown! Or a super cool ring with Thermal Expansion Electrum embedded with Diamonds that can sell for a ton of money with villagers, or wear it to show how awesome you are!

Reactions: 1SDAN

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
After having to make the ME 16m storage for Agrarian Skies, I was thinking it would be nice to have a simple tooltip mod for items with deep crafting trees that let's you see the raw materials needed for an item if you mouse over it in NEI while holding a key(probably alt since it's a convenient key that afaik isn't in use by other mods for tooltips).

C

chbachman

After having to make the ME 16m storage for Agrarian Skies, I was thinking it would be nice to have a simple tooltip mod for items with deep crafting trees that let's you see the raw materials needed for an item if you mouse over it in NEI while holding a key(probably alt since it's a convenient key that afaik isn't in use by other mods for tooltips).

I really wanted to do this. I could, however, the question comes up when you have a branch of recipes and can go either way. An item can have costs that vary wildly. Not sure how to deal with that. Any suggestions, and I can make it.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps put them side-by-side? It'd be a big tool tip, but that's why you hide it behind a key-press in the first place.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps put them side-by-side? It'd be a big tool tip, but that's why you hide it behind a key-press in the first place.
Perhaps integrate it as a module for NEI? You could even have it in a tree view with collapsible levels, so you don't overburden the system by generating a massive tree all at once. I could see it being useful for mod authors, as well, since it could effectively give you a runtime visualization of your mod's tech tree.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
A mod that let's you configure the hotkeys for the current f3 debuggers. I use a laptop and it has a function key that allows me to use f3 but it doesn't allow me to use f3 commands (like f3+h or f3+b).

Reactions: 1SDAN and Sigma85

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that starts the player in a village on world creation. Short, simple, no extra features. Just spawn a village on player's spawn point.
Not all spawn point terrain is good for villages. Players never seem to spawn in mountains, but there are biomes (like jungles) which just don't seem to have good village terrain. However, if the mod always made a village spawn in the nearest reasonably flat biome, that would be cool.

Near

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that gave you a better HUD, like a full out type of thing, how many item slots you have left in your inventory, just some aesthetic type of mod improving the HUD.

tubbytoad42

Jul 29, 2019
A mod which allows you to apply the cosmetic appearance of a piece of armor onto another piece of armor. For instance, an iron chestplate having the appearance of thaumcraft robes, but otherwise having the properties of the original iron chestplate.

Reactions: 1SDAN and the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
A mod which allows you to apply the cosmetic appearance of a piece of armor onto another piece of armor. For instance, an iron chestplate having the appearance of thaumcraft robes, but otherwise having the properties of the original iron chestplate.
Perhaps some form of enchantment?
It would be named "[material] appearance" And could just be put on books to make it custom."

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
A few semi-random lighting ideas:

Ceiling lamp- a semi-cheap lamp that lights in an addition 5 block column down, for lighting large spaces without disrupting the area with floor-lighting or particles, while not breaking out with a fully powerful, uncontrollable (and at times laggy) floodlight.

Projector- an extension of the above idea- lights up the block it is aiming at. bonus point if the light level is determined by signal strength.

Glowstone dust- similar to redstone wire, can be put on the floor, walls and ceiling providing an easily placed, decent lighting level without intruding into the space it lights up.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
A few semi-random lighting ideas:

Ceiling lamp- a semi-cheap lamp that lights in an addition 5 block column down, for lighting large spaces without disrupting the area with floor-lighting or particles, while not breaking out with a fully powerful, uncontrollable (and at times laggy) floodlight.

Projector- an extension of the above idea- lights up the block it is aiming at. bonus point if the light level is determined by signal strength.

Glowstone dust- similar to redstone wire, can be put on the floor, walls and ceiling providing an easily placed, decent lighting level without intruding into the space it lights up.
I love the glowstone idea! You could even use it to mark paths.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
A minimap mod that has a craftable item that's powered by RF. As long as it has charge, the mini-map works. Slowly loses charge over time. Turning on F3 or F9 for the mob spawn/light level drains more power. Without this item, you can't use those 2 features.

Reason for this is that F3, F9 and mini-map make early game exploration/getting lost, compass, maps totally obsolete. It would make for a natural tiered style progression of mini-maps.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
A minimap mod that has a craftable item that's powered by RF. As long as it has charge, the mini-map works. Slowly loses charge over time. Turning on F3 or F9 for the mob spawn/light level drains more power. Without this item, you can't use those 2 features.

Reason for this is that F3, F9 and mini-map make early game exploration/getting lost, compass, maps totally obsolete. It would make for a natural tiered style progression of mini-maps.

been wanting a minimap like this for a while now. a minimap is an awesome tool, but it also feels kind of cheating to be able to just use it like that

and please, someone, for the love of god, make a mod like nuclear control that's standalone and doesn't depend on IC2... I want those fancy information panels but I don't want to be forced to install IC2 just for that :(

Reactions: the_j485

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you

I mconcur, and it would also have the vanilla map style concept of only seeing the areas you've explored, the rest being black until you go there.