Request Suggest mods for creation here

Wilder

Jul 29, 2019
A mod that makes slimes only spawn on bedrock (or under any other special condition, just not all the time) in Superflat worlds :/ I need a mod like this, and the last one that did a similar thing is still for version 1.5.2...... :(

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
1. no. Extra utilities is a discordant collection of balance issues and ridiculousness. I give you a potion generator, and raise you a pink generator. wtf is that about?
2. additionally, the "Ender" quarry is not a quarry, its a magic block replacing device. This might be good for lag, but seriously, I expect a quarry to make a big hole in the ground.

So, I reiterate, a mod that provides a quarry, and only a quarry, would be a hit.

classic :) And agreed. The price of mega-quarrying is a big hole in the ground; Since I pour water into my quarries to mitigate lava, I just have more lakes around than usual these days.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
I have been working on adventure/survival maps using alot of mods. What I have been doing could be made into a standalone mod of some sort:

Basically to enforce a sort of pregression in the game, I have basically disabled crafting recipes and made item available only through boss fights, such as the Flint & Steel, preventing Nether travel. Another thing I did was make powerful tools, gadgets, weapons and armors only available through trade or in loot/fights. Instead of doing that, a mod could steal an idea from Fallout, and make items uncraftable until you find the "Blueprint" for it, or maybe go with Thaumcraft or Age of Empires style research of sorts, except for different stuff. Or maybe built-in progession for easy struff. For instance, a built-in recipe book with all recipes, even vanilla ones locked both in the game and book; and upon chopping your first tree, you unlock the rec's for planks and sticks. Maybe after your third stone pickaxe and first iron ore, you learn the rec for the Iron Pickaxe.

I know not many people favor harder stuff like this, but IMHO Minecraft is missing progression. Even without a specific quest which usually requires a pre-made map, making random dungeons (REAL dungeons, not the derpy temples that are all the same) with loot tables holding at least SOME of the more powerful recipe blueprints (maybe diamond tools/armor?), would give every world the opportunity for adventure. Knowing you wont get the most powerful tools or to the nether until you've gone through at LEAST one dungeon &/or boss adds a sense of purpose and accomplishment, for me at least...There could even be a Hardcore mode where vanilla recipes need to be unlocked, and an easy mode where only new and powerful items need the blueprints.

Like I said, all of this is easily accomplished with a handfull of already made mods. But a single one that does it all alone, automatically, on every world would be nice.

Reactions: 1SDAN

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I have been working on adventure/survival maps using alot of mods. What I have been doing could be made into a standalone mod of some sort:

Basically to enforce a sort of pregression in the game, I have basically disabled crafting recipes and made item available only through boss fights, such as the Flint & Steel, preventing Nether travel. Another thing I did was make powerful tools, gadgets, weapons and armors only available through trade or in loot/fights. Instead of doing that, a mod could steal an idea from Fallout, and make items uncraftable until you find the "Blueprint" for it, or maybe go with Thaumcraft or Age of Empires style research of sorts, except for different stuff. Or maybe built-in progession for easy struff. For instance, a built-in recipe book with all recipes, even vanilla ones locked both in the game and book; and upon chopping your first tree, you unlock the rec's for planks and sticks. Maybe after your third stone pickaxe and first iron ore, you learn the rec for the Iron Pickaxe.

I know not many people favor harder stuff like this, but IMHO Minecraft is missing progression. Even without a specific quest which usually requires a pre-made map, making random dungeons (REAL dungeons, not the derpy temples that are all the same) with loot tables holding at least SOME of the more powerful recipe blueprints (maybe diamond tools/armor?), would give every world the opportunity for adventure. Knowing you wont get the most powerful tools or to the nether until you've gone through at LEAST one dungeon &/or boss adds a sense of purpose and accomplishment, for me at least...There could even be a Hardcore mode where vanilla recipes need to be unlocked, and an easy mode where only new and powerful items need the blueprints.

Like I said, all of this is easily accomplished with a handfull of already made mods. But a single one that does it all alone, automatically, on every world would be nice.
So basically you're asking for an RPG mod. Tried DivineRPG yet?

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Was just looking around and had an idea I wish someone could implement...Emotes

you know, like MMO's have, the /dance, /wave, etc

Most likely would have to utilize the animation api from hippomaster but would be really cool as a mod for forge (there is one supposedly for bukkit but I refuse to use that)

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
So what would a good RPG mod be like for you?
Honestly, for me it is the way they are now. Different mods that cover a small piece of what CAN make an RPG giving the ability to fully customize what my concept of that should be rather than an all-encompassing mod telling me how it should be.

SorrowsBlood

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to see a Hell themed mod pack compilation on FTB. unique mobs, equipment, bosses (each with a unique elemental aura and set of gear), more dimensions, magic, demonic summoning (maybe), Suggestions?

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Builders Block Mod
In the spirit of the City Build challenge, this mod would present a UI that would list 3 building "Challenges". Challenges can be marked as "Complete" or "Deferred" or "Cancelled".
Challenges would be of the form "Build a guard house", "Build a Graveyard" or other objectives from a City Build / Refugee to Regent Challenge - and would be drawn from a configurable file.
The mod could not possibly score if the challenge has been met. That is for the player to decide. But to provide a structured way for challenge authors to publish their building challenges, and also for players with builders block to look for inspiration.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019
So basically you're asking for an RPG mod. Tried DivineRPG yet?
I havent tried it recently. But it adds alot of new stuff. I'd like to see progression added to vanilla itself. BUT looking at the spiritual descendant to DivineRPG (I think) Eternal Isles, maybe it is what I am looking for. Some sort of new worlds to explore would be cool anyway and having bosses to face and new loot is good usually. *But* both mods add ALOT of stuff. I could do without a zillion mobs and weapons, alot of which look op to me. I think minecraft could use some better NPCs in general and some quests or a loose plot of sort. Of course this is just MHO, some people enjoy solely it for the sandbox that it is, and indeed I do as well, and would very much still be building all kinds of things whether there were quests or plots or not.

Eliav24

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Multipart machine crafting implementation.

TLDR: Making machines by placing multi-parts together in a structure and assembling it into a machine by using tools, and items from your inventory. Essentially a single-block multi-block requiring wrenching.
if this inspired anything, I'm already embarrassingly pleased with myself.

Rather than do sequential crafting recipe, you craft a few parts such as iron plate/Block cover, copper wire, etc, you place them in the world as multiparts, and right click them with the appropriate tool(s) to assemble the machine, (possibly by choosing from several options in a GUI), using parts from your inventory.

Imagine we implemented an IC2 macerator, Just because it's a familiar example.

To make one, you need a machine block, an electric circuit, some cobblestone and flint.
In our implementation, at a single block space, we will place 5 iron plates, which now behave as covers, along the edges of the block. On one of the sides we will place the electric circuit, which is a 4 pixel high, 6*6 pixel gray box resembling the texture of the circuit item (though the first 2 height pixel are imbedded in the bottom plate). Then, we will close the the box with one more iron plate, and right click the box with a welder tool.
A GUI will appear on the sidebar, with the top option being a gray machine titled "Macerator". choosing it will highlight it and expand a line below: "Requires 2 iron plates, 3 cobblestone, and 2 flint", as well as giving a few more options showing the machine facing different directions. If you notice closely, the face of the default option is facing you, which is also the direction from which the circuit part texture orient as if it was the item- the darker bottom towards you. choosing it will then remove the above mentioned items from your inventory, and replace the multiparts with a macerator.

Perhaps, rather than a circuit, we implement a motor- crafted from an iron plate, two copper wires, and two redstone dust- and placed it inside the machine. The motor is 6*6 for the first 3 pixels height, then 2*2 for the last one. If you right right click the metal box with a hammer, you will again get the same GUI, only this time it will also require 4 more wires, 6 rubber, and 8 iron nail. Had you turned the right plate into a front by recrafting it, the first option would have faced that way, but it will default to face you. You could've saved iron those 8 nails by using a welder, but since you don't have one yet, you're forced to use the equivalent of 2 more iron.
Had you made an ejector upgrade, you could've placed it on one of the sides, say the west. In the GUI, you can expanded the macerator's default option facing you, and choose it's non- default option of ejection to the east side. you could use the default choice shortcut while the macerator was highlighted to instantly make the default macerater, with it's ejection facing west.

This isn't a specific mod idea, just a general idea for any mod- I believe that in proper implementation, it can makes machine crafting more engaging, streamlined, versatile and believable.

More possibilities in streamlined recipes: Since this assembly can use however many raw materials and parts from your inventory in one go, and require whatever prerequisite tools stated, it needs fewer crafting steps while still as demanding resource-wise and advancement-wise.
It can possibly allow to disassemble the machine to turn it back into multiparts and recover all the parts used, even just to change a thing and reassemble.
To stretch the definition: it might even be a really cheaty way to implement a Block or a structure of ordinary blocks to do something, without making a real machine to do it- since the item clicking does the check, the actual structure doesn't need any special blocks at all.

More control in configurable machines-You can choose what machine to build, what goes in the machine, which side does what, and what quality anything is. Of course, you need to have a good assembly GUI,(I personally imagine something like a cross between iChun's morph menu for what machine to craft and TE's side panels for extra configurations, with the in-world sides being default)

Being "in-world" and believable- you can literally build the machine, giving a sense that you're building something rather than trading materials for machine, while the small and many details and real-world intricacies are implied "off-screen" when you right click with the tool and create it, rather than being represented by far too many crafting steps.

I don't really know about programming, but I've got the impression that actively creating the machine prevents some of the lag associated with multiblocks made from many different blocks (since each part needs to check every once in a while if it can form a machine). It is probably much more difficult to program though.

Non of this is really new- I've thought about it (and was subsequently self-confused by it) for a long time, but quit a few mods i know of- and many others i don't- already implement almost all aspects of the idea-
Railcraft and many others have in-world construction of machines.
TC infernal furnace implements the item-makes-the-machine.
Gregtech had the parts and, as I heard, saves the parts used in each machine.
AE uses functional multiparts in the network.
TE proved that you can make very configurable machines with omnidirectional inputs and outputs.

As of yet, though, I haven't seen any implementation that combines all this in the above manner of in-game assembly. Beside a few specific examples for some of the mods- tools are used almost exclusively for either obtaining resources (chopping, mining, looting) or toggling machines (rotating, removing, or opening their GUI), and machines are used mostly to craft and process materials (though many of them do far more than just make an item for a different item)

Tools are the most important functional piece of the idea- using them is what actually make the multipart mess and an inventory full of junk into a machine. Besides allowing you to actively form the machines, the tools are a requirement to make them- an easy way to balance machines is making their assembly require tier tools, and you can't make a nuclear reactor with a wooden hammer.

This does present one problem: the tools and items will quickly fill up the inventory of any player trying to make machines. An approach is to check for items and parts in adjacent inventories, and since many mods have bags now (Strongboxes, forestry backpacks, Golden bags of holding, and even IC2's toolboxes), so a specialized tool belt for tools and kits for parts is a fair solution too.

Unfortunately, there's one down side of the system*- it uses parts.
*(beside that it might be nigh-impossible to implement and I'm too computer illiterate to understand it)

In order to assemble multipart machines, there need to be plenty of parts- basic items that can be placed in the world as multiparts, such as plates (covers), Wires (cover strips), and some more complicated pieces that are more common in tech mods, for example, a control unit equivelent to an electric circuit/redstone reception coil, or an IO unit equivalent to ejector upgrade (possibly a small 4*4 pixels blocks you attach in the middle of hollow/plates) etc.

Parts, especially basic ones, are pretty obnoxious things- they are mainly a way to make things more complex and expensive by doing more crafting steps. Nearly all tech-mods has some type them, with the prime example being GregTech and IC2exp, whose basic parts- plates, wires, and casing, are despised by many people, so making a system based on parts, especially basic ones, seems like a really bad idea.

However, I believe basic parts can save the world can be far more welcoming,and the key to that, is to make parts really really useful- if parts are not just a way to require more grind, but a thing you can always use, players wont have a problem crafting them.

-Zero thing, which is given in the premise, is to make parts into a multi-parts. Now that they can be placed in the world, they are a new decorative block, so whatever happens, they are now cool, and can be given uses in the world.

-The first thing to make parts more accessible is to allow basic parts do as many crafting as possible:
If you can make pistons and buckets out of iron plates, and always smelt them back into ingots, it's okay if you accidentally make too many. If making iron tools out of iron plates gives them an automatic unbreaking I, it's part of a natural progression of the game rather than a forced balance.
If a part is needed more than 15 times per machine, you must never have a situation where you regret making one.

-The second way is to make them compatible, like the forge dictionary- A plate is a plate, whether from a hammered ingot, a smeltery iron cast sign board, or an iron block cover (Some plates are more efficient than others)- all crafting using plates should be able to use any them , and if they cannot be used for crafting, they can at least satisfy the final assembly demands. Note that not all parts are equal or backwards compatible- some parts are more efficient, and more advanced parts, such as circuits, cannot be perfectly down crafted for balance reasons (Though again, they should all satisfy the assembly requirement at least, and if possible, retrievable in a disassembly).

Reducing part clutter is needed with tools.

I'm sorry for the walls of text. I've been trying to word these ideas several times in the last few months but I had been too confusing/ill-defined.When I write a sentence I tend to get lost in it, so there's that. If anything here makes sense, or if anyone can extract better ideas out of this, I"ll be grateful.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
RFQuarryMod

A mod that provided a BC like quarry, but in the RF framework. Lets be frank, very few want the BC power framework, BCs pipes are laggy and the other "useful" machines have been broken for so long theyve been all but forgotten. The only reason BC continues to be included in a lot of packs is the lack of a viable alternative to the BC quarry.

A mod, in the spirit of Big Reactors, that provided a RF powered quarry, and only a RF powered quarry would be a hit.
You can just run a buildcraft quarry off of RF.

Reactions: Not_Steve

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
You can just run a buildcraft quarry off of RF.

You can indeed. But Buildcraft adds an entire power system and supporting engines, and alters world gen (by adding an oil spouts and entire oil ocean and desert biomes). Additionally, a RF native Quarry would only consume RF when it is doing work. But the BC Quarry has the MJ systems perdition.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Suggestion: Multipart machine crafting implementation.

TLDR: Making machines by placing multi-parts together in a structure and assembling it into a machine by using tools, and items from your inventory. Essentially a single-block multi-block requiring wrenching.
if this inspired anything, I'm already embarrassingly pleased with myself.

(... snip ...)

I'm sorry for the walls of text. I've been trying to word these ideas several times in the last few months but I had been too confusing/ill-defined.When I write a sentence I tend to get lost in it, so there's that. If anything here makes sense, or if anyone can extract better ideas out of this, I"ll be grateful.
I think this is awesome, but excessive. However, if this were simplified so that you crafted a shell or machine casing, and then placed it into the world and started right-clicking parts into the shell to build the machine, that would be pretty cool. So you could have motorized machines, electronic machines, computing machines, and so on without the extra need for multiparts just for aesthetic reasons. I mean, aesthetics are awesome, but I'm not sure I want to build the whole machine in-world -- that's why real-world crafting like woodworking and metalworking exist, right? Minecraft abstracts that stuff to save us a bit of tedium and brainwork.

Sigma85

Jul 29, 2019

I like GregTech's Multiblock machines and they're modular design. I really like the idea if maintnence using different items/tools from time to time. Its kind of realistic and provides and upkeep for those powerful machines beyond just power. Maybe take these ideas, mix them with Engineer's Toolbox ideas and *BAM* a cool new mod.

* " BAM " as in the hours and hours of hard mental labor and thankless days of coding I am nowhere near capable of just for someone to say: "GOD ! your textures are U-G-L-Y ! No one will use this POS..."

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
1. A mod that lets you play in "fancy" graphics without artificially darkening the outer edges of your view.
2. A mod that lets you use a lower-than-normal FOV setting without having to edit the config file to a negative number. (Sorry, even at "normal", the view is artificially distorted farther away when you are looking forward).
3. A mod that alters the camera clipping angles -- give you more "game height" displayed in the same vertical pixels. Note that making the window "wider" shows more pixels to the side, but making the window "taller" does NOT show more pixels up/down.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
this is probably more of a wish for existing mods, but it'd be also a nice idea for new mods.
I love playing with mods that add world generation for you to explore, especially things like dungeons and such.

there are already a few mods based around that idea, such like Better Dungeons, DungeonPack, Ruings, Floating Ruins, Battle Towers and Roguelike Dungeons
there's also a few other mods who add world generation aswell, for example Thaumcraft, Unique Artifacts, Twilight Forest and Mystcraft

but there's 1 problem with those kinds of mods... if you have explored one dungeon type, you know exactly what to look out for if you encounter the same dungeon again...
it'd be nice if those world generations could be randomized, so 1 dungeon type can have several versions which can be shuffled with each generation.
one time you'd have to look out for that ladder and don't step on that plate, the other time you shouldn't flip that switch
this way the dungeons will always be a new experience when you explore them, and it'll become more of challenge to clear them

Reactions: Sigma85