Staff Core of the Primal Thaumcraft 4.1

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I have 1.7 minecraft installed.

For some reason, our FTB install has KAMI disabled: ThaumicTinkererKAMI_j6.jar.disabled

I am assuming it is disabled for a reason. Some kind of stability issue? We use MPServ as our host.

Does anyone know what the values are that would be needed to edit it?

And I still don't know how/what the NBT editor is.

Sorry for the noobishness. I've only been messing around with FTB for about a week.
Not stability, it is disabled by default because some find it OP. BM was disabled because it may be inappropriate for children.

Reactions: Padfoote

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
NBT editing is a vanilla thing.

Can you link me to a guide or something I can read to learn how to use it? :)

Don't have 1.7 installed, great! There's Unstable.

Ok good. Phew. :)

And I haven't run into an issue with KAMI.

Not stability, it is disabled by default because some find it OP. BM was disabled because it may be inappropriate for children.

Ok, that's very interesting.

So it is safe to enabled KAMI? Because with KAMI, I could definitely get this staff made.

I've also read a little about Blood Magic which sounds cool. I was wondering why we didn't have any of that.

So both of those are safe to enable? No major server issues or anything?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So it is safe to enabled KAMI? Because with KAMI, I could definitely get this staff made.

I've also read a little about Blood Magic which sounds cool. I was wondering why we didn't have any of that.

Both are safe to add. No world gen present in either mod.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Can you link me to a guide or something I can read to learn how to use it? :)

Ok good. Phew. :)

Ok, that's very interesting.

With KAMI the staff is not worth it as you have a wand with nearly 10x storage

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
I made a new server and activated Kami. But when I try to login, I get this error:

Forge Mod Loader could not connect to this server
The mods and versions listed below could not be found
They are required to play on this server

ThaumicTinkererKami : 1.0

Does this mean I don't have KAMI on my client?

I use the FTB launcher. How would I add it if this is the problem?

CaptainQux

Jul 29, 2019
You are correct. To enable, in your launcher click the "Edit Mod pack" button, and add KAMI from the disabled mods list.

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
You are correct. To enable, in your launcher click the "Edit Mod pack" button, and add KAMI from the disabled mods list.

Thanks!

I ended up doing it manually by removing the .disabled, but your way is good to know for the future.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
This thread reminded me why I just quartz up a TiCo weapon and only use my wand for portable hole/equal trade.

namiasdf

Jul 29, 2019
The path to getting the "top" tier of Tinker Construct tools, coincides with that of any tech players usual progression.

What's fun is that these tools are 100% customizable. Building your tools requires that you cast/build parts and then combine them to form the tool. Thus certain metals/alloys/materials give different bonuses. In addition, you can apply modifiers to your completed tool to give extra effects.

There is a side mod called TiCTweeks, which actually allow you to level your item as you use them, gaining slots for extra modifiers, and gaining random modifiers. These include efficiency, fortune, silk touch, auto-smelt, increased durability, etc. etc.

Also, instead of building new tools, you can cast new parts for your existing tools and replace certain parts on the tool, allowing you fully customize your tools as you progress.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The path to getting the "top" tier of Tinker Construct tools, coincides with that of any tech players usual progression.

What's fun is that these tools are 100% customizable. Building your tools requires that you cast/build parts and then combine them to form the tool. Thus certain metals/alloys/materials give different bonuses. In addition, you can apply modifiers to your completed tool to give extra effects.

There is a side mod called TiCTweeks, which actually allow you to level your item as you use them, gaining slots for extra modifiers, and gaining random modifiers. These include efficiency, fortune, silk touch, auto-smelt, increased durability, etc. etc.

Also, instead of building new tools, you can cast new parts for your existing tools and replace certain parts on the tool, allowing you fully customize your tools as you progress.
IguanaTweaks is what you are referring to I think ;)

Reactions: Padfoote