Staff Core of the Primal Thaumcraft 4.1

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nvidia_GTX

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings,
In Thaumcraft I have made the staff core of the primal and now I am trying to put Thaumium caps on it.
But even with the full thaumaturges uniform, frugal III on wand focus, and a Thaumium Bossed Silverwood Wand it is still to expensive.
Does anyone know a solution?

Regards

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Addons / other mods that give more of a discount on certain pieces.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
It looks like there are a lot of changes to get used to when we update to MC 1.7.2. Of special note here is that frugal foci will no longer help in crafting, so we may have to settle for silver caps on our plain silverwood staffs as well. Or resort to add-ons, but why would you bother with a 250 vis/aspect staff if you already have a 1000 vis/aspect ichorium wand? I think I might go ahead and disable KAMI, I almost never want something that op to go to that much trouble to make it.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
The Primal Staff adds a extra level of potency to any, focus placed on it. and it's ability to regen aspects to a certain level makes it nice for using it as a primary weapon(which from what I understand is the point of the staff it's self.)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
The Primal Staff adds a extra level of potency to any, focus placed on it. and it's ability to regen aspects to a certain level makes it nice for using it as a primary weapon(which from what I understand is the point of the staff it's self.)
That wasnt helpful...
Greetings,
In Thaumcraft I have made the staff core of the primal and now I am trying to put Thaumium caps on it.
But even with the full thaumaturges uniform, frugal III on wand focus, and a Thaumium Bossed Silverwood Wand it is still to expensive.
Does anyone know a solution?

Regards
You cannot have thaumium caps on it

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
If you have KAMI it can be done ~

Ichor Adorned Primal Staff

attachment.php

Base Cost 320 each, with the discounts I have 208 each

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.7 Azanor added crafting scepters wands with higher discount rates, With a silverwood thaumiam capped scepter you are finally capable of making a primal staff, with thaumiam caps in vanilla Thaumcraft. They are prrrrrrrrrrrritty awesome, though wands themselves feel.. well outclassed....

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
In 1.7 Azanor added crafting scepters wands with higher discount rates, With a silverwood thaumiam capped scepter you are finally capable of making a primal staff, with thaumiam caps in vanilla Thaumcraft. They are prrrrrrrrrrrritty awesome, though wands themselves feel.. well outclassed....

This makes me happy! Now if only the rest of my must have mods would get a 1.7 release out...

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
This makes me happy! Now if only the rest of my must have mods would get a 1.7 release out...
TT is nearly there, TX is out and about, At is about halfway there from the last I herd from the author. Fm... It's kinda being held hostage between a relationship between flaxbeard and Democretes. I have a beta version of the 1.7 however wrath cages are broken, but I can ask flaxy/ Spite if they would mind if I put it up.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
TT is nearly there, TX is out and about, At is about halfway there from the last I herd from the author. Fm... It's kinda being held hostage between a relationship between flaxbeard and Democretes. I have a beta version of the 1.7 however wrath cages are broken, but I can ask flaxy/ Spite if they would mind if I put it up.
Wait
FM IS BEING HELD HOSTAGE?!
*runs out and kills those who are holding it hostage and steals the 1.7 release beta*

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Wait
FM IS BEING HELD HOSTAGE?!
*runs out and kills those who are holding it hostage and steals the 1.7 release beta*
Eh it's because flaxy fixed a fair few bugs, made something new couldn't get it to work, and demo said he could get it to work, and then got caught up in irl stuff. Soooo it's stuck in limbo basicly.

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
This is driving me completely insane.

Is there even a console command or anything that would make it possible to have a thaumium capped primal staff?

It is frustrating that the "make an arcane worktable with a staff" was fixed before something was put in to let people make a thaumium capped primal staff. :(

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, actually.
Get a staff (any variety would do) and a NBT editor. There'll be two tags, what they are us fairly self-explanatory.
Open a 1.7 world, make a primal staff.
Copy the tags from the primal staff in 1.7 into the regular staff. Only copy the tags inside the 'tag' tag.

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, actually.
Get a staff (any variety would do) and a NBT editor. There'll be two tags, what they are us fairly self-explanatory.
Open a 1.7 world, make a primal staff.
Copy the tags from the primal staff in 1.7 into the regular staff. Only copy the tags inside the 'tag' tag.

Thanks for helping!

1) What is an NBT editor? How do I use it?

2) I don't have a 1.7 world. I'm playing 1.6.4 FTB Monster.

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
Make a 1.7 world then. You only need thaumcraft.
Or, you could use the KAMI wand.

I don't think I have 1.7 minecraft installed.

For some reason, our FTB install has KAMI disabled: ThaumicTinkererKAMI_j6.jar.disabled

I am assuming it is disabled for a reason. Some kind of stability issue? We use MPServ as our host.

Does anyone know what the values are that would be needed to edit it?

And I still don't know how/what the NBT editor is.

Sorry for the noobishness. I've only been messing around with FTB for about a week.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
NBT editing is a vanilla thing.
Don't have 1.7 installed, great! There's Unstable.
And I haven't run into an issue with KAMI.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I don't think I have 1.7 minecraft installed.

For some reason, our FTB install has KAMI disabled: ThaumicTinkererKAMI_j6.jar.disabled

I am assuming it is disabled for a reason. Some kind of stability issue? We use MPServ as our host.

Does anyone know what the values are that would be needed to edit it?

And I still don't know how/what the NBT editor is.

Sorry for the noobishness. I've only been messing around with FTB for about a week.

Assuming the override isn't active in the Thaumic Tinkerer config, simply rename the KAMI file to "ThaumicTinkerKAMI_j6.jar", without quotes.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
Even a gold capped staff of the primal isn't that bad. It has auto vis refilling up to 25 of each type. If you use blood magic and make the sanguine helm (Ritual of Binding with goggles of revealing) along with a frugal 3 wand focus, you can use silver caps . Throw a couple primal charms in your inventory and go to town. Unless you are using one spell constantly, like excavate, you should be fine.

There are 3 different wand focuses that cause direct damage, Fire - Ingis, Shock - Aer, and Frost - Aqua. Just cycle between them when your vis gets low.