rhn's continued adventures: a build journal, guide collection etc.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Great job. Ive been anticipating your Mekanism build. I really like that mod even though it can be a bit rough around the corners. The animations, the sounds, the models...I really wish all of the old Universal Electricity mods were still active. I plan on making a set of Modtweaker scripts for my next world that will make large scale Mekanism processing lines essential. It has a very sciencey way of making rubber that is much more interesting than the MFR or IC2 way of doing it for example....just got to make that the only way.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Been a while. Mostly just been idling around and playing other games a bit. But have spend some time finally getting bee breeding started:
HT1xAeW.png

Workspace:
Bahy8hY.png

Little setup for cross breeding and copying. Manual apiaries to the right for manual selective breeding, automated apiaries in the L shape to the left for making drones and copying princesses. Apiaries for finishing Queens lifespan in the far left. In the middle I placed an Alveary mock-up for use in cross breeding(with Mutators and heaters/fans) once I gather enough materials for it.

You might notice that there are two different ME networks terminals. White one is the normal base ME network, yellow is sub-network handling bee produce and drones.

Atm I am copying both Imperial and Industrious species(have already bred them) in order to start production of Royal Jelly and Pollen. Once that is achieved both Alvearies and top tier Extra Bee machines are unlocked.

5wDGF2l.png

Put doorways in two of the wings of the "bee gene bank" leading to a little hall housing some machines to support the bees:
nBGTBEZ.png

xpPiVTV.png

Squeezers for Honey and Seed Oil, Centrifuges for Combs+Propolis and Genepools for scrapping drones. Tanks for storing the liquid honey, seed oil and liquid DNA.

Just now I have been preparing a bee lab in the Nether:
LV9NSbV.png

Ip4vKvP.png

Mostly just going to be used for breeding the nether species, but possibly also for production until I get my hands on serums(x3 tolerances required I seem to remember is required for some) allowing to keep the bees back at base.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You could also try using Alveary heaters and/or hydroregulators in order to make your more... hellish bees seem more at home. It does use some power though. (Yes I know you prob know this from your last Monster world :p) Personally for the nether bees I find the acclimatiser more useful, as far as i know there are no natural bee breeds that have more than +-2 tolerence. It's a shame it takes so much sno (iirc, my partner on my current playthough is hogging the bees all to himself, and gets mad if I as so much as dust the apairies... no offense meant to him ofc :) )

That nether Coal? ore sticks out like a sore thumb though, as do the other nether ores in the picture, prob not much you can do about that though. As usual it's all looking great. I especially like the little lake in the foreground of the 3rd picture though.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That nether Coal? ore sticks out like a sore thumb though, as do the other nether ores in the picture, prob not much you can do about that though.
Yeah it is nether coal.
It is weird as all the different ores in the nether have been converted to Soartex: Nether Quartz, TiCo ores, Magical Crops Essence ore, GT ores etc. But the ores from Nether Ores mod have not... :confused:

as far as i know there are no natural bee breeds that have more than +-2 tolerence.
The Doctoral bee (Magic Bees) have "both 3".

Last edited:

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I've noticed Nether Ores doesn't seem to get retextured by anything. Faithful, Soartex, JSTR, none of them seem to do the job.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I've noticed Nether Ores doesn't seem to get retextured by anything. Faithful, Soartex, JSTR, none of them seem to do the job.
Having the same problem with Highlands. Probably going to leave it out in the future despite it adding several interesting biomes. But all the trees and flowers etc are rather unusable to me due to being low quality.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Really? What Highlands things are a problem? Most of what I've encountered uses vanilla blocks in their generation.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Really? What Highlands things are a problem? Most of what I've encountered uses vanilla blocks in their generation.
There is lots of trees(wood, planks, leaves, saplings), flowers, bushes and other plants.
Examples:
TJq36AR.png

rbZ55QL.png
They really stand out in the otherwise smooth environment.
The biome I build in is actually a "Birch Hills" biome, but it is filled with Poplar. I think I am going to replace them all in visual range. And replace/break all the Highland flowers the bees spawn :p
The trees shape is really nice, but just cannot find a source for a good texture. Only one for Sphax, but that just wont fit well with Soartex.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Ah. I seem to get more BoP flowers than Highlands ones. Might be a configuration difference between Monster and TPPI.

There is it looks like a configuration to use vanilla wood and leaves and disable small plants, but the latter appears only for world generation.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ah. I seem to get more BoP flowers than Highlands ones. Might be a configuration difference between Monster and TPPI.

There is it looks like a configuration to use vanilla wood and leaves and disable small plants, but the latter appears only for world generation.
Yeah but if I dont use the Highlands terrain generator(I use ATG) and I don't use the plants, wood and leaves, then it is limited what use the mod is at all. Sure I would have stuff like giant Redwood trees(not the natura ones) made out of stuff like Oak, but that just seems wrong.
I really like the Higlands biomes, just wish someone(Soartex) would retexture them in a smooth x64 version :p

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Fair enough. I used Highlands instead, so i could get the Large Biomes, but unless I'm missing something, it should still be affected by the config for the other options.

Google says that BDcraft is the only other one to do a Highlands texture.

Then again for the trees at least, you could simply use the forestry textures.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have been stocking up on Oil and Ethanol over time. Oil from QuarryPlus and Ethanol from various saplings and crops. Still in the process of setting up some proper refining setups, the ones I got are rather crude atm. But come to the point where I could use the power and it would be a good idea to start using some of the Fuel/ethanol to make room for more. So time for a new powerplant:

Xhwg5IR.png

Since I want it to be possible to toggle it on and off depending on demand I find no really good alternative to TE Compression dynamos. So yeah lots of them in clusters :p Four clusters of 44 Dynamos each. Making a total of 14080 RF/t
So far I dedicated two for Ethanol and two for Fuel.
lWDcOBN.png

Fuel can easily be changed by simply changing the settings in the ME Fluid Interface supplying the water and fuel for each cluster.
Each cluster is set to automatically recharge a TE energy cell, controlled by the CC script I wrote earlier:
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...uide-collection-etc.42664/page-15#post-718973
Each energy cells output is then controlled by redstone signal from a Wireless Receiver(which will be controlled from the EnderIO capacitor banks monitoring setup, still WIP).

But yeah, you probably know me by now. I can't just leave it looking like that :p
So welcome to the new engine/generator room:
fdzucsk.png

J7JWIRL.png

pQXxILE.png

nAMUekB.png

UnjE7lS.png

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Duuuuuuuude!!! I love the design of your builds :D You don't just make it functional, you do the function, and then create an aesthetic that is frankly second to none that I've seen! The combination of multiparts with the awesome texture pack just looks stunning.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Bit more bee progress:
fhVrRWK.png

Gotten my breeding Alveary set up(almost still need to automate the frame/Mutator material insertion).
Used the touchscreen script I wrote in the last world, but had to modify it a bit to work with having no Bundled cable support:
http://pastebin.com/u82FCEJc
Basically just replaced the bundled cable outputs with analog redstone strength outputs and then use the Programmable Rednet Controller as described before to translate that into Bundled cable colours:
eSiIn87.png

Inside I set up and automated the Extra Bees top tier machines:
IPPQNPH.png

Inoculator cycles bees until it is sure all have been inoculated with current serum, then pulls serum out and gets replaces with next serum. Old serum gets send over and refilled and purified before stored away for next time.
I have just a bit ago realised that I can do this setup much smarter, compact(maybe), polished and reliable by using a ME subnetwork, fuzzy bus' and "once per pulse" settings, so as soon as I am done typing I am going to tear some of it down and do it better(hopefully :p).

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ok this is much better:
wq2FJTY.png

BC gate on the left will detect "Cannot work" which disables the redstone signal in the other gate. This triggers Itemduct on the back which will start cycling bees through the Inoculator to to make sure if one of them still haven't been inoculated with the current serum. The disabling of the redstone signal also triggered the Timer on the wall which starts counting down and once enough time for all bees have been tested(if one have not been inoculated then the gate condition fails and timer stops) it will trigger the removal of the serum by pulsing the ME Import bus. New serum is then inserted by the Hopper and old serum is returned to the Obsidian chest.
(The Lever is just to stop the damn timer from ticking when no bees are being inoculated. Tried very hard to find some condition or other way to turn it off automatically but failed)

XSXDcqk.png

On the other side the ME Fuzzy Export bus will test if the serums in the ME network have expended more than 2 charges(apparently the "split damage at 99%" splits at 14/16 :confused:, no matter that corresponds to inoculating one bee which is the minimum I will be doing). If that is the case they will be inserted into the Synthesizer and refilled. BC gates on top will check if the serum is full and then trigger the Itemduct, bringing the serum to the Purifier. Again gates tests for quality and triggers ME Import bus which returns full excellent quality serums to the Obsidian chest ready for another time.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Is that an AE subnetwork for bee innoculation? If so, you could use the Open Peripherals AE bridge to detect if there are bees in the system.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is that an AE subnetwork for bee innoculation? If so, you could use the Open Peripherals AE bridge to detect if there are bees in the system.
The ME network only handles the Serums. The bees are purely being handled by the Itemducts(as the only thing I need them to do is cycle in and out of the Inoculator). The problem is that when a single bee and Serum is in the Inoculator then they are not counted as being in the inventory of the Inoculator. So I cannot detect them. If there are several bees in it(bees in the upper buffer slots) they they can be detected as in its inventory. But it is too unreliable to turn the timer off on. But the switch works fine, also gives me an auditory cue to when the bees are done :p

Last edited: