Resonance Unleashed - [Closed - merged into Resonant Rise]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
After getting hit by the sudden realisation that the FTB team had put the GregTech beta (y'know the one he specifically marked as not stable and unsuitable for modpacks) into 1.0.2, priority one was repairing the damage that did to my own server. XD

Priority two will be passing what I learn onto the config pack. Unfortunately I'm still in the middle of damage control so this probably won't be ready tonight.

Reactions: southernfriedbb

Westingham

Jul 29, 2019
After getting hit by the sudden realisation that the FTB team had put the GregTech beta (y'know the one he specifically marked as not stable and unsuitable for modpacks) into 1.0.2, priority one was repairing the damage that did to my own server. XD

Priority two will be passing what I learn onto the config pack. Unfortunately I'm still in the middle of damage control so this probably won't be ready tonight.

I can appreciate that. Looking forward to priority two taking place whenever you have time.

(I'm sure you're aware, you're a pretty detail-oriented person, but HEY LOOK SHINY there's an option for cheaper advanced solar panels now!)

wolvenmoon

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is a horrible question to ask because you've done so much. This pack borders on perfection incarnate already. However, are there texture packs that support this - if not - how would I put one together?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Textures are unrelated to block behaviour configuration. You should be able to use any FTB-compatible texture pack and this config pack together with no effort whatsoever. You may, however, have to manually find patches for extra mods you want to use and install them yourself. I recommend using texture packs for FTB Ultimate and filling the blanks in as you find them.

Texture pack creators can get as a touchy as mod devs about redistribution of their work without their permission so you won't find any actual texture context in this pack. :)

Tjaden

Jul 29, 2019
Ok been having some problems guys, the server is running these configs. Have a fully functioning Ultimate Server running them, For me the recipes were made as easy, but everyone else on the server, there gregtech recipes stayed as hard, they tried replacing their configs but it isn't working. Any ideas?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Ok been having some problems guys, the server is running these configs. Have a fully functioning Ultimate Server running them, For me the recipes were made as easy, but everyone else on the server, there gregtech recipes stayed as hard, they tried replacing their configs but it isn't working. Any ideas?
They didn't replace their configs properly. Tell them to try again I guess?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
I can't do anything about people failing to understand or follow instructions that are as clear as I can make them, I'm afraid.

If the easy configs are not being loaded, they weren't put in the right place.

Reactions: whizzball1

Tjaden

Jul 29, 2019
The gregtech files and forestry files are being placed in the Ultimate/Minecraft/Configs/*coresponding mod folder* The configs are in exactly the right place, but for people doing it that way other than me, it crashes their minecraft after the FTB Splash. Its been done correctly, is it to do with recent updates?

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using Ultimate 1.0.2?

Edit: Now that I think of it, one common derp from people using the easy configs is them not reading the instructions and just installing the easy configs. The easy configs are a patch you put on top of the default configs - make sure they're putting the default configs in first, then the easy config patch on top.

Although the default configs are supposed to be virtually identical to the default FTB configs anyway, apparently they're different enough to cause shenanigans. Someone else had this problem a while back. I'll have another look at this when I update the config pack next.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
There will likely be another update to support the Beta 1.5.1 pack in the near future, but for now this is it.

The config pack has been updated after a long break away and we're still on 1.4.7 at the moment. 1.5.X support will be introduced as an optional support patch when the Beta 1.5.X pack is released.

This version of the config pack has been rebuilt and is based on the configs found in Ultimate 1.0.2. Most stuff shouldn't break but as per usual, back up your worlds before installing this.

The notable exception is GregTech: if you are using Ultimate 1.0.2 you are also using GregTech 2.90h, the beta version of GregTech 3 that makes all the sweeping changes you thought you'd have to wait for 1.5.X+ for - and that's why this update has taken so long. ;D

Your GregTech stuff will break in some way, especially if you were automating parts of it. It will take a while to fix. Please note that you now need Plate Bending Machines to craft many early materials, the maximum heat capacity of Blast Furnaces has been slashed and the methods to upgrade the Furnaces redesigned. The more advanced your Blast Furnace was the more broken it'll now be. You will now need to install two extra heating coils into each Furnace machine block to get the most out of them and the lava core is no longer optional if you want a useful Furnace.

Additionally, the config pack now includes the bonus config files for mods not actually part of an FTB pack that are nevertheless included in the pack downloads. These configs are UNSUPPORTED but included for the sake of completion. If you want to use optional support patches, you will still need to install them as normal to maintain compatibility with existing worlds, but you are also now free to use the new FTB configs for those mods. Not all of them are included in the FTB configs however.

Finally, due to community drama in the last month, support for Calclavia's MFFS 3.0 has been withdrawn. I doubt many of you were using it anyway. ;)

Particularly due to the major GregTech changes, I am now working on a GregTech guide world and help thread which will be available in the near future once I'm satisfied that the world download meets my quality standards. This guide world will be built for Ultimate 1.0.2. :)

The changelog is so huge I had to upload it on its own and I'll have to keep doing that in the future. Oh well.

Happy crafting! :D

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the project forked.

The story goes, originally Thunderdark quit modding and handed the project to Calclavia. Calclavia then promptly closed the source (which is illegal under the GPL), got tons of flak from it, opened up the code, made a pig's ear of the opening up making the ire against him even worse, then finally Searge (MCP lead dev) decided to maintain the pre-borked version of MFFS. About this time it became known that Thunderdark didn't actually like what Calclavia had done with his version of MFFS.

So now there are two versions of MFFS on the go as well as Immibis' ARS which is a fork of an even earlier version of MFFS that's been around for ages, so that makes three.

I'm supporting Thunderdark's version with the config pack until further notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.