"One way journey" public survival trip map [postponed until future notice]

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Well, at least we have Thaumcraft. If I had to pick any magic mod, that would be the one I picked.
Not for this type of play, I don't think. Thaumcraft seems designed to make you need to require a permanent base while still allowing you to move stuff around as needed. I could see a portabole thaumcraft setup witgh dartcraft installed, where you force wrench nodes and combine them into mega nodes, making a portable thaumcraft base very much so plausible. The main thing Isee as lacking is wnd charging. It takes a decent amount of vis to create the infusion altar, and you'd have to move it when you need to pack up and move. Essentia jars are already portable, so you can have one jar of each essence type in a golden bag of holding. Also, research would either have to be off or on easy mode. Traditional research takes too much time for this gameplay. On easy mode, it would be done in an instant. You just have to pay research points. You can scan stuff along the way. Nodes need a lot of vis to move with the thaumcraft way, making it absolutely impractical to do so. With dartcraft, it just takes some force energy from your wrench, and you have a placeable node.

ultraboomer

Jul 29, 2019
so, I'd like to suggest 3 mods.

first of all applied energistics. I suggest this one because of the ore grinder and the ability to effectively carry all your stuff in 2 items. a storage drive and an ME chest (the drive containing your other drives and stuff. also, not counting a power supply of some sort).

project red (parts of it). suggest this for the tools and backpacks and stuff.

Pam's Harvestcraft + Hunger overhaul. okay, 2 mods but I would never consider these separately so count them as one. I like these mods because huger overhaul does some nice (and evil) things to food value, stacking, and hunger making the situation a bit more realistic. and harvestcraft adds a lot of different foods you can make. Harvestcraft seems to be meant for permanent-base places, however you can make a large selection of foods without ever making a farm. And the animals and stuff you may need can be brought along with leads or mob holding devices.

would also like to take part in this if you don't mind my asking. (yes I read the bit saying not to apply yet)

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
so, I'd like to suggest 3 mods.

first of all applied energistics. I suggest this one because of the ore grinder and the ability to effectively carry all your stuff in 2 items. a storage drive and an ME chest (the drive containing your other drives and stuff. also, not counting a power supply of some sort).

project red (parts of it). suggest this for the tools and backpacks and stuff.

Pam's Harvestcraft + Hunger overhaul. okay, 2 mods but I would never consider these separately so count them as one. I like these mods because huger overhaul does some nice (and evil) things to food value, stacking, and hunger making the situation a bit more realistic. and harvestcraft adds a lot of different foods you can make. Harvestcraft seems to be meant for permanent-base places, however you can make a large selection of foods without ever making a farm. And the animals and stuff you may need can be brought along with leads or mob holding devices.

would also like to take part in this if you don't mind my asking. (yes I read the bit saying not to apply yet)
First correct post in this thread. Thank you sir!

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Is it farlanders that adds all those backpacks like the ender backpack, the thaumic one, etc.?
Better storage.

And I would say no to project red. The backpacks it adds would cause some balance issues with other, more expensive forms of portable storage. There's also the fact that the backpacks are really the only thing that project red has to contribute to this type of play. The gem tools and such are nice, yes, but you can easily play without them. No reason to really add it as it's more geared to permanent wiring setups, and nothing in this event is permanent.

AE, definitely. Super compact and easy to access late-game storage for the advanced players.

Hunger Overhaul would definitely put the nomad feel to the event. There are a lot of food items you can find just planted on the ground waiting to be picked up. Would make it really seem like you are foraging to survive.

Last edited:

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
I added bunch of new informations about event in first post. I strongly recommend to re-read it. (common its not that long... xD)
I am pretty much disappointed by lack of suggestion for goals, mods, rules but i will live... Its not important for this event anyway.

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea of this bot sure about my schedule but willing to try. I have a couple of mod suggestions also. First is traincraft because you could make travel easier and carry everything you need and them some. Also would like to suggest archamidies flight mod because why walk when you can fly in your won airship. Since we have to carry everything with you why not a portable house.

sent from hand held insanity

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
2 more things. I will be recording this for mah YouTube and in the middle I may have to leave If my internet poops itself like it did last month.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Ehhh not so much Archimedes. Quite buggy and laggy. Can't handle microblocks either. Plus it takes the inventory management out of it.

Starmine would be fun for the fun worldgen. Too bad galacticraft(really spell check? I dont want "galactic rag") glitches it's dimension.

LaserMiner

Jul 29, 2019
What about Morpheus, its a server side mod that progresses the night even if all players are not sleeping, only one player minimum has to be...

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia
Last edited:

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone suggested flans mod not for the planes but for the vehicle's. I know some of the vehicles have storage and then we go from "lord of the rings" to a convoy

sent from hand held insanity