Nominations for Forum Moderators

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

slowpoke

Administrator
Team Member
FTB Founder
Jul 29, 2019
So this forum has been growing in size and one of the areas that we should really look to improving is forum moderation. Right now the moderating is being done by to few people and the burden needs to be shared more than it is today. The difficulty is narrowing the field down so we can look at a manageable number of people. I believe it is important to get input from the community as a whole when selecting who we should look at.

So essentially this boils down to finding out who are the posters you respect, is there anyone you have seen as a stand out poster. We are looking for people who continuously make high quality posts and are active on the forums. So if you know someone who fits this bill, then note their name down here. We will take a look at those people the community feels deserves the role of moderator.

Remember this does not mean everyone who is nominated will become a moderator, just they will be looked at. Also whilst voting for yourself wont exclude you, its not going to really help you either.

Reactions: Flipz and Pokefenn

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Eunomiac.

He gets the way that different people with different perspectives think, and he's able to articulate the different positions and explain how they interact--all excellent skills for a moderator. :)

Reactions: Ragnoff

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
On a separate note, what benefits would these moderators gain? After all, moderating does take up a persons time, and many people are busy with real life and minecraft.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Ashzification, always helpful, is already a part of your support team, and I've never seen a biased word from her. Also, Lambert2191

Reactions: shockwave95

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I nominate Saice. He's quite smart about resolving member conflicts, and always makes sure he's not choosing sides when doing so. He always makes sure to voice his opinions very calmly so as not to anger anyone, and I think this is a quality that is perfect in any moderator.

I'd also like to point out that I don't think anyone that votes for themselves is going to become moderator any time soon.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to say Vauthil but he is already a mod now. :p

I would have to agree with people saying Saice.I spoken to him a couple of times and he very well spoken.

Sorry bout that, he has been under observation since the forums started, we badger him every now and again and he finally said yes :p[DOUBLEPOST=1374468293][/DOUBLEPOST]Also as a clarification we are not looking for people who know mods (we have plenty) or who are helpful (plenty of those too) we are looking for people who:

• Can keep from being biased
  • refrain from personal attacks
  • Try to keep the peace in a professional and mature manner
  • Think things through before posting
  • Over 18. While there are younger people who fit the above requirements, minors are subject to parental rules. We can't have a moderator that might get grounded and have their computer taken away. (Exceptions might be made)

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry bout that, he has been under observation since the forums started, we badger him every now and again and he finally said yes :p[DOUBLEPOST=1374468293][/DOUBLEPOST]Also as a clarification we are not looking for people who know mods (we have plenty) or who are helpful (plenty of those too) we are looking for people who:

• Can keep from being biased
  • refrain from personal attacks
  • Try to keep the peace in a professional and mature manner
  • Think things through before posting
  • Over 18. While there are younger people who fit the above requirements, minors are subject to parental rules. We can't have a moderator that might get grounded and have their computer taken away. (Exceptions might be made)
I would fail as a mod then, I'd end up in some argument about morals and loose my cool eventually.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
With that I would still put forward omicron as my vote as he seems to be a very non-biased person and cable of keeping his head level and judgement fair in all situations.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I vote for Saice, was the only guy that wanted to beta test my map and fits all the descriptions of a good moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.