Need or Have Ideas? ->Check here<-

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jokermatt999

Jul 29, 2019
A world of your own: Completely terraform a Dimensional Doors pocket dimension or Mystcraft void age into a custom biome of your choosing. Not just a single building (unless you're making an arcology...), but a whole landscape too.

Liquid madness: Similar to the storage block challenge (which looks awesome btw. Yay treasure rooms), keep all your metals you can in liquid form via Tinker's construct. Automate the production of ingots and blocks for each one for your autocrafting needs.

King of Hell: Terraform the nether...on hardcore. Bonus points for using a TF Tree of Transformation to actually change the biome. (Aside: someone needs to make a mod to actually change biomes, preferably down to the block level.)

TheAbstractHippo

Jul 29, 2019
I really like the whole "Build Your Base In One Chunk" idea. I'll have to try that out sometime. I have an idea to add as well.

If you have Archimedes' Ships installed, you could use the docks w/ports and launcher idea to create a trading network, because you can have chests on Archimedes Ships. :)

I know, it's lame, but I wanted to add to the conversation.

extrem09

Jul 29, 2019
What about only using Steves Carts for automation, mining, farming and... well everything! :D Steves Carts just feels like a mod with such great potential, and people just don't seem to use it to its full capabilities.

Reactions: SilverStar

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Build a player lunching system that sends the player as far as possible but lets them land safely (any)

Okay, so I'll need a Slaughterhouse, some way to trick the players into becoming my lunch (cake lure?), and an automated trapping system. Hmm..

I may be on to something here.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
but why do they put up with gregtech

Steve Carts has a sort of one two punch. Frist many of the recipes are fairly complex and second anytime you want to craft a cart it can take a lot of time. So this bugs two sorts of players. The ones that don't like complex recipes and the ones that don't like having to wait for the little cart oven to bake therir super cart.

Also the rails get blocked by mobs when you do automation sometimes which adds another layer of annoyance to deal with.

It is not a bad mod by itself but when combined into a pack many of its fetures get over shadowed. But I'll mix in some SC things into the list.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Automate creating SC with AE.

PRBOLAMOBAM SOLVED

Nope... you still at some point have to use the Cart Assembler and you run into that 2nd issue of having to wait and you still have to deal with a level of complexity some people do not find fun.

Just to be clear to to assemble is often multiple minutes for the cart. You can have all your parts AE crafted and ready pop them in the assembler and be told come back in 10 minutes for the really advanced ones. Most carts around around a minute or two and if your making multiple carts for automation that adds up.

I'm not saying this is a huge issue but it is one of he gripes I see often with the mod as there is no way to automate this part of the mod.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't we have a mod that calculates the total base resources required from a recipe yet.

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Sort of but it would be nice to have in game you know? as a sort of add-on or addition to nei.

I do see that in his future plans though.