Need or Have Ideas? ->Check here<-

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Shoop's Ideas for projects and challenges
A note from the shoop. I do not have any sort of collect all the X or any of that in this list as those are fairly simple and hopefully you don't need someone to tell you collecting one of every bee could be a project. Also missing are any 'complete' the mod sort of things as with the bees it should be obvious that you could make a project by unlocking/building everything a mod offers. This list has evolved a bit it has a mix of project ideas and challenges I was going to keep it to projects only but figured in many cases people are looking for ideas for both I have kept the challenges in the list.​
Do you have an idea you would like to add to this list? Replay using the format used bellow. Is there a mod that should be added to any of the ideas just replay quoting the item listed and note what mod is needed.

Idea (possible needed mods)

• Build a working frame ship (RP2/MFFS)
  • Create a deep sea oil rig like a real world one (BC/IC2/RP2/GT any mod that has pumps)
  • Find a village and then expand and rebuild it into a large 100+ population themed city (any)
  • Create a all in one mega factory that creates as many products as possible (any and many needed)
  • Take over a lich's castle and retrofit it to be your new HQ (TF)
  • Craft a dungeon complete with traps and invite your server friends over and ask them to beat it (any)
  • Create a zombified villager rehab clinic (any)
  • Build a world tree by hand (any)
  • Build a mob classic style mob spawner system (any) Bonus create a mod sorting system to go with it
  • Build a functional subway system with stations on your server (any but RC and SC help tons)
  • Build a nuclear reactor (IC2/GT/AS) Bonus make it look like a real world one.
  • Create a wind farm (RP2/IC2) bonus points for style if you use Red Power windmills.
  • Create a canal system complete with ports and boat docks/launchers (any)
  • Build a player launching system that sends the player as far as possible but lets them land safely (any)
  • On your server build a public post office system using your interdimensional item moving of choice (multiple mod choices for this one)
  • Build a HUB for your projects or for your server community (any)
  • Create an obstacles course have your friends try and beat each others times (any)
  • Recreate your favorite landmark of choice (any)
  • Build something overly complex to do something simple like make a shovel(as many as you can)
  • Build a base some place you have not done before that has its own issues. Under the sea, in the end, on a neither lake, or anyplace harsh and possibly dangerous to you. (any)
  • Make life hard on yourself pick a mod and then use the worst possible way use it. IE GT but use RP as your main power choice (any)
  • Do a Lets play. (any)
  • Remove your favorite mod and then try and repair the damage and get your systems working again with the missing parts redesigned using what you now have avable (any)
  • Killing spree... throw all your gear in a chest and grab a stone sword. See how many kills you can rack up before you die or your weapon breaks. (any)
  • Create a tower of Babel. Build a tower to world hight limit but each layer needs to be bigger then the one above. (any) bonus if your start from bedrock. Extra bonus if you hollow it out and build your base inside.
  • Minimalize yourself. Go for as long as you can stand with just what you can carry on you. You can make bags and packs and the such. Build machines and all that but you can not stay anywhere for more then 2 MC Days and then pack up what you can and your have to move. (any)
  • Create a Mobile base (RP2/MFFS) bonus if you can make it fully featured like a stationary base.
  • Build a music player (any) bonus if you have selectable songs other then the MC music discs.
  • Build a roller coaster. (any)
  • Automation XYZ build self sustaining system of some sort E.G. self powered boilers from tree farm ect..
  • Go digital Build your base in such a way that all systems are hidden and only accessible via interface terminals. (AE or CC)
  • Build the Mega spawner. A system to spawn any type of mod on demand. (SS/MFR)
  • build a cube maze (any)
  • build guestrooms for every player on your server in your base (any)
  • build a completelly impenetrable fortress (bonus points for using the second level of a TF maze in your design) (any)
  • build a giant robot from your favorite anime (any but Tech mods would be best IC2/RP2/MFFS/GT)
  • build an FZ ore processor that can keep up with your quarry (FZ)
  • build a statue garden using FZ sculpting (FZ)
  • Go Dwarven! Never go over the ground after the first day. Build a statue/shrine to appease your favorite Dwarven deity every time you have to(min 12x12x12). Only ever drink booze. Use as little light as possible, use traps instead. (any)
  • Go Elven! Never leave your forest after the first day. Move around by extending it, even transdimensionally. Only use bows. Never dig. Never eat meat. Never automate plant farming. (any)
  • Go Human! Only use trading to gain resources after the third day. (any but EU helps)
  • Make your base 100% energy efficient, not a single mj can be lost unless you're actively using a machine! (BC)
  • farmville: build a fully functional ranch containing all animals, including babies, and all animal products from each animal type. as a bonus, all power needs must be produced from animals and your crop farms are only meant as feedstock. (Any but MFR would be smart)
  • Chunk limit yourself : Build your whole base within a single chunk. (any)
  • Build a Turtle swarm for some function : E.G. fab dw20 9x9s or mining swarm. (CC)
  • Build in odd places : E.G. Under lava in the nether, Sky castle, In the void/end (any)
  • Odd power systems : E.G. Milk power, Squid power, Zombie gas conversion. (any)
  • Rail Craft sorting (RC)
  • Bees! : Restrict your resource gain to bees only, after obtaining an apiary, a squeezer, and sufficient pipes to automate it. (items which cannot be produced by bees are allowed to be gathered) (For)
  • No Agriculture : Do not create any type of farm for food, must use naturally occurring food sources (Nat)
  • Robots! : Have nearly all automation based on ComputerCraft turtles. (CC)
  • Old School Vanilla : For smelting, never use anything but a vanilla furnace and manually craft everything!
  • No NEI : Unisntall NEI. Problem?
  • Low Earth Impact : only use caves. no strip-mining, no branch-mines. you cannot alter the basic shape of, or expand upon the cave.
  • Fortress : Build your base out of various blast-resistant blocks and materials and put pass codes on doors and traps around your base to keep it safe.
  • Robots! ROBOTS!!!! : As with Robots! use ComputerCraft Turtles for automation but take it to the next and use turtles for everything. Build a crafty turtle frist and then it must be used for call crafting. Likewise as you build turtle types you have to let them do all your work. Mine, Kill, Craft, and everything else you would do. Once setup your only allowed to place and break turtles. (CC)
  • Etho Cave : Build a base within a cave complex with as little change to the cave's natural shape as possible. (Any)
  • I LIKE TRAINS! : Use Steve's Cart and Rail Craft as your main automation system. If you can do it with carts do so. (SC/RC)
  • Moar Metal Liquid edition : Store and collect anything that can be liquid as liquid.
  • Tereafroming : Recreate your favorate biomes in odd places like Mystcraft void ages or dimdoor pocket worlds. Also can be done with harsh evorments like the Nether or a desert.
  • The Prefect XYZ : Be it the ubermensch of the bees, the ultimate tree, or the best stats on IC2 corps this is your goal. Breed and cross breed again until you have the most prefect version of your thing possible. (IC2/For)
  • Spaaaaaaaaaaace! : Create a space station! Must be able to live in it without oxygen gear and without going back down to earth. Must have its own power system. Bonus points if you use the new cargo ships to automatically transport ore form a quarry on earth/the moon/mars. (GC)
  • Blood for the blood god, skulls for his throne : Use Blood Magic as your primary power source for you build. (BM)
  • Chisel me this batman : Use only a single materiel (E.G. Smooth stone, Dirt, Oak Wood) but as many variants as you want as your building options. (CH)
Mod Key

BC : Buildcraft
IC2 : Industrialcraft 2
GT : Gregtech
AE : Applied Energetics
TF : Twilight Forest
For : Forestry
TiC : Tinkers Construct
MyC : Mystcraft.
MFFS : Modular Force Field Systems
MPS : Modular Power Suits
MFR : Minefactory Reloaded
AS : Atomic Science
SS : Soul Shards
FZ : Factorization
EU : Extra Utilities
Nat : Natura
GC : Galacticraft
BM : Blood Magic
CH : Chisel

Last edited:

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Should probably add Soul Shards to the Mod Key. Took me a few seconds of staring at it to figure it out. :p

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
Automation XYZ build self sustaining system of some sort E.G. self powered boilers from tree farm ect..
like this?
2013_07_24_21_58_08.png

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
  • build a cube maze
  • build guestrooms for every player on your server in your base
  • build a completelly impenetrable fortress (bonus points for using the second level of a TF maze in your design)
  • build a base under lava in the nether
  • build a giant robot from your favorite animu
  • build an FZ ore processor that can keep up with your quarry
  • build a statue garden using FZ sculpting
  • Go Dwarven! Never go over the ground after the first day. Build a statue/shrine to appease your favorite Dwarven deity every time you have to(min 12x12x12). Only ever drink booze. Use as little light as possible, use traps instead.
  • Go Elven! Never leave your forest after the first day. Move around by extending it, even transdimensionally. Only use bows. Never dig. Never eat meat. Never automate plant farming.
  • Go Human! Only use trading to gain resources after the third day.
  • Make your base 100% energy efficient, not a single mj can be lost unless you're actively using a machine!

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
forgive my formatting, this website isnt friendly with my phone. would appreciate if someone could adjust:

farmville: build a fully functional ranch containing all animals, including babies, and all animal products from each animal type. as a bonus, all power needs must be produced from animals and your crop farms are only meant as feedstock.

Reactions: Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
  • Go Human! Only use trading to gain resources after the third day.
You know that would actually be sort of crazy combine that with the mega city idea. I would have to say building would be hard I don't think any of the villagers sells builing blocks so might need to augment a set of rules for what you are allowed to work with like maybe only allow farmable resources and tradable resources. So tree farm and cobble gen would allow some building stuff.

Malkara

Jul 29, 2019
I think the Go Human! should then be used with someone else, or say, an alter ego of your own of the go Dwarves! restriction. Like building both an underground complex and an above ground city with gained resources, limited of course to pure building blocks carrying over.

I think then in that case a Go Scientist! restriction should be added;

Go Scientist! Live in a lab and build every end-game block.. without NEI!

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019
I like this but I already am kind-of going dwarven and the only thing I have outside is my farms until I finish hollowing out my mountain and then I will never have to leave. :D

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
You know that would actually be sort of crazy combine that with the mega city idea. I would have to say building would be hard I don't think any of the villagers sells builing blocks so might need to augment a set of rules for what you are allowed to work with like maybe only allow farmable resources and tradable resources. So tree farm and cobble gen would allow some building stuff.

You could do it on one of those economy mod servers. Might actually make those mods not suck too

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Build your entire base in one chunk!
Create a bee breeding system using all pipes, Rednet and the analyzer!
Build a DW20 9x9 turtle building squad!
Build a Railcraft sorting system!
Use a mod you haven't used yet and focus around it!
Do stuff the least efficient way possible!
Recreate something you like!
Build a base out of obsidian!
Power your base with squids!
Power your base in a way people haven't done before!
Create a floating castle!
Create a space hub!

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Added some of GPluzzles stuff.
Did not add Malkara as going scientist is in the same area as mod completion.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't think of a catchy name for the second one, but anyhow here they are.

The Bee Box: Restrict your resource gain to bees only, after obtaining an apiary, a squeezer, and sufficient pipes to automate it. (items which cannot be produced by bees are allowed to be gathered)

This one isn't my idea, but saw it a little while ago
Store all items which can be built into place-able storage blocks (convert from components to block and back again) in the world. No more than 9, redstone iron or diamonds in chests for example.

Black out: Do not use torches of any kind, other sources of light are acceptable. (Any)

Agriculture disaster: Do not create any type of farm for food, must use naturally occurring food sources (recommended natura)

Reactions: jokermatt999

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Have nearly all automation based on ComputerCraft turtles.
Build a massive robot out of turtles using turtle.attack command on startup.