Mod Discovery

was this interesting?

• Total voters

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
You're implying that I read anything above CelestialPhoenix's post.

As a rule, I only read content after CelestialPhoenix has screened it for interest-ability(tm), at which time I begin reading from that point forward.

... yeah I don't know what to make of this either @RealSketch

-Edit- @Pyure the ninja, no worries a lot of my humour gets lost in translation too.

...And I see the links now- my fault; adblock was hiding them.

Last edited:

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I just found a new mod. A nice mod that does exactly what it sounds like it should
http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/75423-simplefluidtanks
waila_valve.jpg

Features
  • Waila integration
  • Dynamic recipes. If you have TE the recipes will use those items
  • Highly configurable

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Reactions: RealSketch

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
An old favourite of mine; recently updated.
(assuming @Not_Steve is ok with a little hijacking)
old thread
new version

This mod brings your world to life, and makes plants a little more dynamic. The world changes and develops around you.
-you can also tinker with the growth speed and drop rate, and allow for biome based control.

Depending on preference you can have Attack of the Triffids style takeover where you're constantly fighting nature away, or reduce sapling drop/growth so extinction and deforestation become a significant part of the game.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I...I can't decide which direction would be more fun :p
If you could configure by species, you could have one type of new modded "tree" spitting poison when you get close, while all other trees have low drop rates. "Best" of both worlds.
Add in Zombie Awareness, and you'll be dealing with pest control most of the day and night :p

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
If you could configure by species, you could have one type of new modded "tree" spitting poison when you get close, while all other trees have low drop rates. "Best" of both worlds.
Add in Zombie Awareness, and you'll be dealing with pest control most of the day and night :p

With B'n'B I think its dark enough for zombies to spawn under trees.

Reactions: RealSketch

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I think I remember @KirinDave doing some profiling on this. IIRC XU find were most efficient followed by TE tanks, most others were in the middle, and open blocks tanks were super laggy.

For sure, open block tanks hit your framerate and can spam a lot of data to clients if they're going up and down a lot. Rendering fluid levels is expensive for everyone, which is why XU not doing it makes them such a win.

But that data I made was old enough that it should be discarded. Things change fast in the modded world.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I think I remember @KirinDave doing some profiling on this. IIRC XU find were most efficient followed by TE tanks, most others were in the middle, and open blocks tanks were super laggy.
XU tanks will probably th emost efficient since they don't render any liquids. TE tanks are giong to be second because TE is just awesome like that. Open Blocks will always be client intensive just because of how it renders liquids. It's cool, but my FPS hates it.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
An old favourite of mine; recently updated.
(assuming @Not_Steve is ok with a little hijacking)
old thread
new version

This mod brings your world to life, and makes plants a little more dynamic. The world changes and develops around you.
-you can also tinker with the growth speed and drop rate, and allow for biome based control.

Depending on preference you can have Attack of the Triffids style takeover where you're constantly fighting nature away, or reduce sapling drop/growth so extinction and deforestation become a significant part of the game.
ooooh this is awesome.

I really like this. I've always wanted this.

Reactions: Padfoote

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
Here: The Camping Mod, for the adventurers among us. I found this mod a while back and realized it had enormous promise (I combined it with Natura and discovered that I loved how they work together despite a lack of intercompatibility). That promise continues to grow in the mod's 2.0 incarnation.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Just FYI anyone who wants to post a new mod the format is
[spoiler=mod name]
Link to MCF page or curse forge page
Picture
Features/description
[/spoiler]

Reactions: _Nobody_

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Come now, The Offspring's "Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)" wasn't that long ago, surely. 1998 was just yesterday, right? Right?

Man, I've had a whole bunch of years, haven't I? Here's to many more!
The 90s were indeed only 8 years ago. Excuse me, my Motorola Startac is ringing.

Reactions: Narc

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Reactions: Vasa