Microblocks cover for any cables please ...

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Is there any workaround to make the Forge Multipart microblocks able to cover any cables of any mods, I'm so tired of trying everything I can to cover the damn cables that goes everywhere, tried Immibis Microblocks that claim they can cover them, it turns out they don't do anything at all... I'm so pissed off by this, will something ever work to put every piece of cables out of my view without needing walls, floors and ceiling that are 3 blocks thick everywhere...

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis microblocks go over everything. Not sure if they are updated though.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Using the Unleashed pack, how does Forge Multipart microblocks work for covering up WR-CBE tranmission and receiver?

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Immibis microblocks go over everything. Not sure if they are updated though.

I have this one, they don't cover anything that isn't vanilla, they claimed they could cover anything but they don't do anything useful, I think there was a version that worked with old version of TE and MFR but they don't work anymore...

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like this should have been the easiest thing in the world, why do we have so much problem with this, if we can put 3 torches in the same block now (thanks to Forge Multipart) why can't I cover the damn cables of every mod...

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like this should have been the easiest thing in the world, why do we have so much problem with this, if we can put 3 torches in the same block now (thanks to Forge Multipart) why can't I cover the damn cables of every mod...

First off, before you make a statment like that, do you understand what it would require?
Do you understand the complex parts of Java & Scala, iirc there was a problem why it cant do that, maybe it will be fixed soon.
Just wanna point out that its too complex for me to understand, so i cant talk either :C

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
I will never understand programming, but it looks so simple to do this, add some item ID's in a list and it should work, if torches can do it, why can't cables do it, its just another item ID, what else could it be, I understand that we can't expect the modders to know every mods and ID's used by everyone, but if there was a config file to add the ids ourselves at least.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
I should say something about my past here, I know a lot about programming but I refuse to know it anymore, lets just say I did really bad things in the past with my programing skills, I had 4 yrs were I couldn't have any computers in my house for that (stupid teen ideas sometimes lead to troubles with law enforcement), learned my lesson and now, I don't know anything about programming anymore, I can't...

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
It would require mods to recognize and use the Forge Multi-part API, which is not entirely simple but not entirely hard either.

Have you even tried Facades?

Malexion

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah facades are really cool, but hard to remove them you have to break the pipes behind, but that's another story here...

Actually you just shift right click on them with an empty hand as far as I remember.

But in the coming future It would be a safe assumption that some mods will adopt the Multipart API so you will see more mods working with it. Actually I think most of them seem to use it in 1.6

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Yup 1.6 will be cool, but I won't be able to use that version ever, have a world in 1.5.2 with 145 mods, one of them will change so much that I won't be able to import it in 1.6.2, don't want to loose everything I did, will stay in 1.5.2 for now and at least wait for the MC 1.7 to be fully mod supported before I start a new modded map, I have a vanilla serie in 1.6.2 which is nice for now...

Thanks for the tip about the facades, I didn't know about this one, perhaps its new somehow...

Drijen

Jul 29, 2019
Also, can't you just add the wires to the config and call it a day? I was able to do this in the past when TE conduits and liquiducts didn't have Immibis Microblock support out of the box.

# included by default: blockClass: buildcraft.transport.BlockGenericPipe
# included by default: blockClass: ic2.core.block.wiring.BlockCable
# included by default: blockClass: appeng.common.base.AppEngMultiBlock
# included by default: blockClass: powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.block.BlockRedNetCable
# included by default: blockClass: micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.blocks.GCCoreBlockOxygenPipe
# included by default: blockClass: thermalexpansion.block.conduit.BlockConduit
blockClass: +powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.block.BlockRedstoneCable
blockClass: +mekanism.common.BlockTransmitter

# included by default: tileEntityClass: buildcraft.transport.TileGenericPipe
# included by default: tileEntityClass: ic2.core.block.wiring.TileEntityCable
# included by default: tileEntityClass: appeng.me.tile.TileCable
# included by default: tileEntityClass: appeng.me.tile.TileDarkCable
# included by default: tileEntityClass: appeng.me.tile.TileInputCable
# included by default: tileEntityClass: appeng.me.tile.TileOutputCable
# included by default: tileEntityClass: appeng.me.tile.TileLevelEmitter
# included by default: tileEntityClass: appeng.me.tile.TileStorageBus
# included by default: tileEntityClass: appeng.me.tile.TileColorlessCable
# included by default: tileEntityClass: powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.rednet.TileEntityRedNetCable
# included by default: tileEntityClass: micdoodle8.mods.galacticraft.core.tile.GCCoreTileEntityOxygenPipe
# included by default: tileEntityClass: thermalexpansion.block.conduit.TileConduitEnergy
# included by default: tileEntityClass: thermalexpansion.block.conduit.TileConduitLiquid
tileEntityClass: +powercrystals.minefactoryreloaded.tile.TileRedstoneCable
tileEntityClass: +mekanism.common.TileEntityPressurizedTube
tileEntityClass: +mekanism.common.TileEntityUniversalCable
tileEntityClass: +mekanism.common.TileEntityMechanicalPipe
That is what my current immibis mb config looks like and I've yet to have any problems with them working on mod cables.

Or I suppose we could all just assume its because of lazy mod devs or something and surrender any hope or agency. Either way.
microblock.png

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I remember reading about something Eloraam said in her blog about covers and including their functionality with other mods.
She said that for her to have her covers over IC2 cables and BC pipes would require, in her words "a complete rewrite of possibly both her mod and theirs"

As Drijen above me has just shown, it's quite simple to do this with immibis' config.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Drijen

Jul 29, 2019
Thats UE universal cable, applied energistics me cable, mfr rednet, and te conduit. All with dirt blocks to scale to show that the covers work properly and fit the block. I suppose I could have slapped some on that insertion pipe but cmon now, we all know it works.

Reactions: PeggleFrank