Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way for Mek to suck up item entities off the ground, like the BC obsidian pipe? If not, then twould be something that I'd like to see, powered or no.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
This has probably been asked before but a way to adjust the input and output sides of the machines would be most appreciated. Just set up a tier 4 processing line and it was fairly difficult running all the pipes, I know it's meant to be a challenge but it just makes it really really hard to get neat compact setups out of.

Unless I'm an idiot(not beyond the realms of possibility) and someone has worked it all out?

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
This has probably been asked before but a way to adjust the input and output sides of the machines would be most appreciated. Just set up a tier 4 processing line and it was fairly difficult running all the pipes, I know it's meant to be a challenge but it just makes it really really hard to get neat compact setups out of.

Unless I'm an idiot(not beyond the realms of possibility) and someone has worked it all out?
Um, sorry, this is already a feature. There's a little box at the bottom left.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see a Mek tesseract, ATM Mek has completely replaced IC and TE for me, except tesseracts. And if it didn't require ender pearls (seriously those guys are nowhere to be found) even better :D

Reactions: PierceSG

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see a Mek tesseract, ATM Mek has completely replaced IC and TE for me, except tesseracts. And if it didn't require ender pearls (seriously those guys are nowhere to be found) even better :D
If you want you can try EnderIO. I find it fits really well with the Mek feel, but if you continue to want a Mek tesseract, go ahead =D

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea of a Mek-specific form of long-range, and/or interdimensional transport. Whether it supports power, items, fluids, all, or some combination is up to Aidan. Though...maybe you could have a base tesseract block for each of the three, and slot upgrades into it like other Mek machines. Items and fluid could cost a small power fee per item to transport, which would be affected by energy upgrades and speed upgrades; speed upgrades how many/how fast items/fluids can be sent thru and increase the power cost per item/bucket, and energy upgrades increase the size of the power buffer while also increasing energy efficiency.

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, heres another idea! As of now I never use the electrical chests, as they don't hold that much compared to say, a Diamond chest. So I was thinking, why not be able to upgrade them? Being able to make em reinforced, hold more etc, and maybe even with say a "system upgrade" you could link you chests, to create a pseudo AE system, just with out all the tomfoolery of AE, and it would also be more realistic then "one block holds 2158165165165161 items" because all the chests are still there holding the physical items and the chests are all taking space plus they have to be linked, but now going to one chest shows the contents of all the chests. I'm sure Mekanism would execute this in an amazing fashion as it always does.

EDIT: Also I'm not saying taking all the things AE does, just the basic item storage of it and making it a real network of chests the work together. Auto crafting would only be possible by your own ingenuity and not have things like crafting terminals.

EDIT 2: If anyone says "oh why don't you use AE then", some of us don't like all the tomfoolery and features of AE and just want the basic storage features of it.

I see what you mean. Password-based item networks, right? If you have three electrical chests, all using the same password, they will share inventories. While it is true that this is not implemented in Mekanism at the moment, this seems slightly too similar to how ChickenBones' Ender Chests work, except without expendable storage. The only thing that makes me hesitant to do this is the trouble I would have to take to get it to work with the item-based electrical chest inventories.[DOUBLEPOST=1405135463][/DOUBLEPOST]
In talking about new features for future versions of Mekanism, Aidan did mention that he wants to have some kind of fluid/gas/energy/item teleportation. I think it'll probably be targeted for Mekanism 8.

This is true :)

Reactions: Mevansuto

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
I like it. I can picture a robot carrying this:

14c8ba50bc.jpg

(Yes, that is the model)