Mekanism: Feature Request Thread

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
On the farming point, we're planning to add some kind of agriculture tech to Mekanism in the near future, but in the meantime it is actually possible to control the DigiMiner to achieve tree farming using ComputerCraft. It's not the best solution, but it's something.
I was gonna say the exact same thing, regarding CC. Just set it up to where the computer detects when the digiminer's out of things to mine, make it wait...20 seconds or so, and send a command to the digiminer to reset and restart it.

Reactions: casilleroatr

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how the digital miner loads chunks, if at all? Can I just keep the chunk its in loaded, or do I need to load its entire operational area?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Does anyone know how the digital miner loads chunks, if at all? Can I just keep the chunk its in loaded, or do I need to load its entire operational area?
It didn't keep itself loaded. Last time I tried loading only the digiminer I got crashes because it was trying to mine in onloaded chunks. I can't remember what the solution was. I believe it was @KirinDave who made the official github issue report.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
It didn't keep itself loaded. Last time I tried loading only the digiminer I got crashes because it was trying to mine in onloaded chunks. I can't remember what the solution was. I believe it was @KirinDave who made the official github issue report.

Righto thanks. All the more reason to look forward to 1.7 :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aidan

Jul 29, 2019
I just coded this for Mekanism v8:

cf50c2e4a2.png

It's basically a cool looking way for you to visually see your Digital Miner's range. It updates whenever you change the values in it's configuration, too.

I've also added "Fuzzy Mode" to the ItemStack Filter, which when active forces the Digital Miner to ignore metadata values on that specific filter:

7ee0f05ecb.png

Finally, I implemented two feature requests that I saw pop up recently regarding filters; the first being a setting to force the Miner to not operate until it has a valid replace block, and the second being filter-specific replace blocks. I decided to just make the "require replace" setting be filter-based, too:

eb604bdeca.png

It will still pull the necessary replace block out of the connected top inventory. There are some balancing ideas up in the air for this release too, hopefully these additions will make up for them :)

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I just coded this for Mekanism v8:

cf50c2e4a2.png

It's basically a cool looking way for you to visually see your Digital Miner's range. It updates whenever you change the values in it's configuration, too.

I've also added "Fuzzy Mode" to the ItemStack Filter, which when active forces the Digital Miner to ignore metadata values on that specific filter:

7ee0f05ecb.png

Finally, I implemented two feature requests that I saw pop up recently regarding filters; the first being a setting to force the Miner to not operate until it has a valid replace block, and the second being filter-specific replace blocks. I decided to just make the "require replace" setting be filter-based, too:

eb604bdeca.png

It will still pull the necessary replace block out of the connected top inventory. There are some balancing ideas up in the air for this release too, hopefully these additions will make up for them :)

Please have it chunk load :) otherwise awesome stuff

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
Okay i would like to see more than 2x diamond processing and some kind of electric chunk loader. ;)

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Okay i would like to see more than 2x diamond processing and some kind of electric chunk loader. ;)

With a config option to disable power usage. Seriously keeping chunks loaded should be a given

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
I would like to see a piece of gear, something along the lines of 'engineer's tool belt', which is a pants-slot armor. I figure it could function much like the lappack in that it would keep your tools charged, It would also be cool if it had like five or six inventory slots into which you could put various tools and you could switch back and forth between them with a hotkey so you don't have to keep digging through your backpacks for them. Kind of like the Dartcraft Belt... only actually worn.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to see a piece of gear, something along the lines of 'engineer's tool belt', which is a pants-slot armor. I figure it could function much like the lappack in that it would keep your tools charged, It would also be cool if it had like five or six inventory slots into which you could put various tools and you could switch back and forth between them with a hotkey so you don't have to keep digging through your backpacks for them. Kind of like the Dartcraft Belt... only actually worn.
The Bat belt :)

Reactions: Mevansuto

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
Bat Belt sounds awesome. Also as other people have talked about a the digital miner chunk loading, how about instead of automatically doing that you make a "Chunk Upgrade" That will make that machine Chunk load it's chunk. It will also give the machine a button you can press to turn off the chunk loading feature. I think this sounds more intuitive(it took me 20 minutes to remember this word).

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Bat Belt sounds awesome. Also as other people have talked about a the digital miner chunk loading, how about instead of automatically doing that you make a "Chunk Upgrade" That will make that machine Chunk load it's chunk. It will also give the machine a button you can press to turn off the chunk loading feature. I think this sounds more intuitive(it took me 20 minutes to remember this word).
That's just annoying.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Well the way I see it is it could make any of your machines chunkload, which I think would be a nifty idea, but that's just my 2 cents.
Yeah, but I don't want my mining machine to not chunkload by default.