Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't come across any daleks as yet, also hitting that boredom stage trying to craft the naquadah I need for the quest. Is it not advisable to do RFTool dimensions? I sure have the power for it.
EDIT Well I cant do anything anyway because Dimlet Researcher is disabled and even if I could, the interesting dimelts (Galifrey) in NEI I cant get to.

It's official. Putting Galactic Science on the bench for a while

Last edited:

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
for anyone who hasn't found out yet, spare thermal padding and hqm books on every world are a must. you can't get the replacement survival equipment and hqm without having a book in the first place. also, zero point energy is awesome, if you survive the wither, hunger, and nausea effects. how do you think i found out about needing spares?

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't come across any daleks as yet, also hitting that boredom stage trying to craft the naquadah I need for the quest. Is it not advisable to do RFTool dimensions? I sure have the power for it.
EDIT Well I cant do anything anyway because Dimlet Researcher is disabled and even if I could, the interesting dimelts (Galifrey) in NEI I cant get to.

It's official. Putting Galactic Science on the bench for a while

@Caithleen: It also might be a good idea to add the naquadah ores to venus, or perhaps sieving and minechem recipes
I agree with these two. I shelved this modpack after getting bored trying to start the naquadah quest tree. Posted about it earlier but got no response.

for anyone who hasn't found out yet, spare thermal padding and hqm books on every world are a must. you can't get the replacement survival equipment and hqm without having a book in the first place. also, zero point energy is awesome, if you survive the wither, hunger, and nausea effects. how do you think i found out about needing spares?
Zero point energy didn't seem to provide much energy for me even at bedrock, especially for the cost to make them, so I didn't bother. As for the thermal padding and hqm books, before I visited new planets I made rftools teleporters to place down when I arrived for easy travelling. No need to set up an off-moon base that way.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
zero point is enough to run the ender quarry and that's all i really need.
before I visited new planets I made rftools teleporters to place down when I arrived for easy travelling.
I did the same but when i got killed out, i wasn't able to make it all the way back to the teleporter from my venusian spawn before i died again from suffocation and nausea. when i finally made it back to base--and air bubble---which was on mars, i died one more time since I didnt have padding. I had to go all the way to moon base to grow trees and string to make more thermal underwear.

Coco12570

Jul 29, 2019
I cri every tiem.

No really. Ex Nihilo is totally amazing and stuff but I've been on and off grinding for almost a week now and I still don't have a tier 1 rocket.

Reactions: Jwhite

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
How are people doing early game power transmission? the alloy smelter needs mars, which means no energy conduits from EIO for a while. :( By early game I mean not even automate gravel sifting yet.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
You get energy conduits from the quests and can even buy the conduits from silliwilli's store in the last set of quests. so plant the ender lily that you can receive as a prize as soon as possible.

Reactions: Yarma92

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
You get energy conduits from the quests and can even buy the conduits from silliwilli's store in the last set of quests. so plant the ender lily that you can receive as a prize as soon as possible.
Yeah I have the quest reward ones. Didn't realise you could buy them though, I feel blind now! Thanks :D

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
Just out of curiosity, will it ever be available on the Curse Launcher? I have pretty much switched over to it entirely now so it would be a huge convenience :)
Anyway it looks pretty cool, I will be trying it out :D
Edit: Also, FTB Launcher doesn't want to install it, could you give a direct download for a MMC instance?
It's on curse now

Reactions: Ladysarajane

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
May i suggest AromaBackup and ore doubling through minechem?

The ore output would need to be completly rebalanced. If you think the "grind" is too much feel free to adjust some configs for your single player world. This pack had servers in mind when it was created, so i aim at ~10h per tier.

Also some infos on t4+ - im currently rebalancing naquadah and finishing t5, but since im quite busy in rl atm, dont except to see results before next weekend.

GlitchMonkey

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for some examples on how to automate a treefarm with GS. I have put in probably 10 hours fighting mods to make it work and while it should be Ref. Reloc just can't do it. Anyone have any other methods they use?

Raetac

Jul 29, 2019
I am looking for some examples on how to automate a treefarm with GS. I have put in probably 10 hours fighting mods to make it work and while it should be Ref. Reloc just can't do it. Anyone have any other methods they use?
Ender io farming stations with spruce trees are amazing, or progressive automation chopper if you are early game. You can check out my set ups in my video series

Status
Not open for further replies.