Listed - 1.7.10 - HQM/SURVIVAL - Galactic Science - something fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delerium

Jul 29, 2019
question about removal of the modular systems mod. I swear I saw mention of it earlier in thread but can't find that now but definately seeing followup questions about same.

Dyonovan (person who makes tcnodetracker) has taken over that mod and rewrote it, last updated on 7/23, so assuming that it's still in development.

Trying to picture a life of minechem without ae or anything resembling that and not getting a warm and comfy feeling. TBH, I've never used modular systems and haven't the resources yet to play with it and sorta avoiding same cause of impeding deletion. Any info on this would be most appreciated.

Also looked at changelog and noticed addition of dalek/tardis mods and hqm reset. Is that only on mymc and if so, any idea when that version will hit ftb?
I agree that minechem without AE is harder to manage, but this pack also has refined relocation, which while not as expansive as AE, does allow automatic chem sorting between iron chests and Jabba barrels. That's how I have mine set up. I put the high volume chems (H, C, O) into barrels, and filter the rest into large volume chests. It's not as good as AE, but it's not impossible to manage either. I found a minechem trick to sorting between elements and molecules into separate chests. The oredict entry is different for each set, and you can sort by using "!element*"

Edit: The version on MyM is updated to 1.3? I don't like how it's impossible to set or find out version numbers on that launcher. If there's a way, let me know? I see the new menu screen says 1.2.1. I guess that's the only way to know?

Last edited:

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
Edit: The version on MyM is updated to 1.3? I don't like how it's impossible to set or find out version numbers on that launcher. If there's a way, let me know? I see the new menu screen says 1.2.1. I guess that's the only way to know?
Yes, the main menu does show the version now. You can also find the version in json file.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
We are currently fixing 1.3 ... if that version has been stable a few days on the test server we will push it to ftb.

The remake of modular systems is in fact a good thing, perhaps he will make the small aditions we proposed to the original dev (who opted to make another random bag mod instead) so ms becomes an alternative to AE2. In the current remake i didnt see any of the storage blocks yet, so we may have to wait a bit more for that :)

For now it will stay in so people dont loose stuff but with the change to the remake the original blocks will be lost. We will issue a warning when we make the transision.
I know dyo, he's very open to suggestions. I'm sure he'll accomodate. I agree tho, changing mods from old/new will probably require resets of some sort. Guess I'll head down that path and at least play with it.

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
I keep getting this msg when i try to sign up for the mym forums:

Minecraft-Nick verification failed. Be careful with upper and lower case.

I get the same msg when i try use the contact us button to get help. I have never changed my nick. Any help would be appreciated.

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
I keep getting this msg when i try to sign up for the mym forums:

Minecraft-Nick verification failed. Be careful with upper and lower case.

I get the same msg when i try use the contact us button to get help. I have never changed my nick. Any help would be appreciated.
I will help you in a private message.

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
Liking the new update. Loving the new music. Although Heart of the star quest is still unable to be completed. I also have a question. When I complete the tier 2 rocket, which rocket will complete the quest? One with chests or without?

Another question, is chiseled glass impervious to meteorites? Or was my base just lucky that a meteorite that made a direct hit on the glass didn't break it?

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
Another question, is chiseled glass impervious to meteorites? Or was my base just lucky that a meteorite that made a direct hit on the glass didn't break it?
We disabled meteorite damage but it will break stuff again with the next update as we had to downgrade galacticraft.

Reactions: Ladysarajane

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Liking the new update. Loving the new music. Although Heart of the star quest is still unable to be completed. I also have a question. When I complete the tier 2 rocket, which rocket will complete the quest? One with chests or without?

Heart of the star? Gold powder? Try synthing the one from electrical age.

Rocket detection is WITHOUT chests in current version.

Dunno bout chiseled, i used compressed cobble as blast shield and moved on to the obsidian glass from eio @t2.

Reactions: Ladysarajane

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
can you pump lava into the stirling generator or do you have to put in buckets? pumping without the buckets isn't working for me but it is possible that i am doing something wrong.

Caithleen

Jul 29, 2019
Why not use Hydrogen and carbon? With a small treefarm you should have more then enough to power 10+ stirling.

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
Heart of the star? Gold powder? Try synthing the one from electrical age.

Rocket detection is WITHOUT chests in current version.

Dunno bout chiseled, i used compressed cobble as blast shield and moved on to the obsidian glass from eio @t2.

I mean that Heart of the star quest still says it is unnamed in this update....I don't want to craft it and find out that I did the quest wrong.

Thank you about the rocket, I will make mine without chests.

When I logged in today and went to my base, I heard a big clank and found a meteorite had landed on the glass. When I scanned over it thanking my lucky stars that the meteorite hadn't done any damage, waila stated that the glass was chiseled stained glass. I thought the glass had been something else before. I remember you saying before that glass wasn't safe from them. When I get to t2 I am getting obsidian glass. :)
Sir Will explained that meteorite damage has been temporarily disabled until the next update so that is what saved my base just then.

Last edited:

pndragon65

Jul 29, 2019
First screenshot of my base:
30S8MFf.png
Lots of room to work in now although I probably need to raise the wall a few blocks. High do you reckon spiders can jump?

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Just out of curiosity, will it ever be available on the Curse Launcher? I have pretty much switched over to it entirely now so it would be a huge convenience :)
Anyway it looks pretty cool, I will be trying it out :D
Edit: Also, FTB Launcher doesn't want to install it, could you give a direct download for a MMC instance?

Last edited:

SirWill

Mar 29, 2014
Just out of curiosity, will it ever be available on the Curse Launcher? I have pretty much switched over to it entirely now so it would be a huge convenience :)
Anyway it looks pretty cool, I will be trying it out :D
Edit: Also, FTB Launcher doesn't want to install it, could you give a direct download for a MMC instance?
Yes, it will be available on curse too soon.
You can download it here: https://github.com/MyM-ModpackTeam/GalacticScience/releases but better wait until we pushed 1.3.1 As the other versions have some bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.