Lets See Some Bases! Give Us a Tour!

chardo440

Jul 29, 2019
If your talking to me here is my generator for all of that stone brick :D
2013-02-02_192850_zpsddd3c80a.png

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
Holy crap, that castle is amazing. And huge. I thought I'd built a pretty impressive mansion, but I could easily fit ten or twenty of my mansions into that castle. Wow.

Ember I have a dirty dirty trick you can do if get the excate biemo you want for spwan.

Edit your XLBiome config file set all biomes you false but the ones you want.

Star your world. BAM dream land at spawn.

Log out and reedit your config again. Mind you there iwll be some rought edges but hey small price to pay for near perfect spwan area.
The whole point of moving my base was so that I wouldn't have to start a new world. Besides, I kind of like my green swampland home. It's flat, but without having tall grass everywhere like meadows do. It's green, unlike normal swamplands. Trees are abundant, but not to the point where Skeletons and Zombies can hide all over the place during the day. It's pretty nice overall.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Holy crap, that castle is amazing. And huge. I thought I'd built a pretty impressive mansion, but I could easily fit ten or twenty of my mansions into that castle. Wow.

The whole point of moving my base was so that I wouldn't have to start a new world. Besides, I kind of like my green swampland home. It's flat, but without having tall grass everywhere like meadows do. It's green, unlike normal swamplands. Trees are abundant, but not to the point where Skeletons and Zombies can hide all over the place during the day. It's pretty nice overall.

I understand that. I'm just trying to be helpful to you or anyone else that has run into that issue of bad spawns or poor worlds in the futrue.

As this is a show me your base thread and I see this pop up often people rerolling worlds I figured I would share.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
I notice that in that pic, you don't have a gravchest on. I applaud you not only for your creativity, and patience in getting the resources. But your resourcefullness as well (I probably spelled that wrong.)

jatie1

Jul 29, 2019
I love how some people have incorporated the idea of a windmill being like an actual Redpower one, actually producing something and not sitting there being stupid like the windmills people build in Vanilla.

budge

Jul 29, 2019
kcbanner, your base looks like a really fun place for PVP...nice large corridors and rooms and not repetitive. I like it.

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my Victorian house. Not very practical for trying to use for machinery and such, but that's the price of living in style. :p

n962bLS.jpg

GWsV40h.jpg

RFAAxH4.jpg

Machine room, I don't have any automated stuff yet, mainly because I don't have the room to, but I couldn't care, I'm fine with this.
Q1uYLtM.jpg

Power room. Running 3 biomass engines off of a sugar cane farm, ran by golems. I then have some biomass go into a refinery for it to be use in a generator for IC2.
Zt0Es8J.jpg

Beekeeping stuff.
MHATjt5.jpg

Thaumcraft lab
Zzwrg04.jpg

CskBBxT.jpg

GM4gkX8.jpg

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my Victorian house. Not very practical for trying to use for machinery and such, but that's the price of living in style. :p

Nice lay out. Not sure I like the blue but I like the build

Zica

Jul 29, 2019
Nice lay out. Not sure I like the blue but I like the build

Well, if it wasn't raining when I took the pictures, it would look better with a nice sky. But no, shitty minecraft weather always has to ruin everything.

Reactions: Pheonixzz

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Here's my current base, still nothing amazing compared to many of the posts here :D

Z2.jpg Looking from the top of a jungle canopy. Building in the fog at the back is my recently built TC3 area. Still WIP

Z3.jpg From above. Started a roof garden. Wanted to have some bees up there just for casual experimentation, but my bees don't like the biome :(

Z1.jpg TC3 building at night. Inside I have a glass floor, middle of room is the Infusion alter, surrounded by 4 crucibles. The lava under the crucibles actually flows down to a room under the floor, which is my mini nether, where my netherwart grows. Back door out of the building leads to my nether portal (to be rebuilt).

I was going to use all xy bricks for it, but ran out, so left them as a trim

Reactions: Oodahn

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my current base, still nothing amazing compared to many of the posts here :D

View attachment 1870 Looking from the top of a jungle canopy. Building in the fog at the back is my recently built TC3 area. Still WIP

View attachment 1868 From above. Started a roof garden. Wanted to have some bees up there just for casual experimentation, but my bees don't like the biome :(

View attachment 1869 TC3 building at night. Inside I have a glass floor, middle of room is the Infusion alter, surrounded by 4 crucibles. The lava under the crucibles actually flows down to a room under the floor, which is my mini nether, where my netherwart grows. Back door out of the building leads to my nether portal (to be rebuilt).

I was going to use all xy bricks for it, but ran out, so left them as a trim
I love the thaumcraft building, it's an absolute amazing use of the red rock bricks and stones. Gives it a kind of nethery feel it when it's night.

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Ok gonna have a play around here. Remember I'm pretty new to Minecraft so please don't laugh to hard at my Base (did I
mention Im old as well :) ). Might be back to edit a few times to figure out Show/Hide as it's not coming up in the BB codes.
Local Server DW20 5.0.1 started on the first one that came out but I'm pretty slow these days. Updated as patches became
available. Good on ya guys keep up the good work, and fix that Donate button!
Few Pics of where I'm at ATM
One_zps88c50191.jpg

Two_zps8327a0a7.jpg

Three_zps3662effc.jpg

Four_zpsed4c1396.jpg

Five_zps57d6ab49.jpg

Six_zps5e91f42b.jpg
Oh a quick test on Youtube
Too Many Cows? My First Vid Sorry I think I may have made it too Big. Was 1.89gb before compressing. 24mb now incase your conserving Download. Well it was before I uploaded to youtube anyway. Havent really looked at what they have done to it.

EDIT:
Ok Thanks to "abdiel I got the Show/Hide part working. But my video anit working:( maybe Youtube are checking it's censorship or I did something wrong. All rather new to me Sorry All.

Ohh look I made the Video work as well. Arnt I clever. Seriously don't Laugh Its the first post on Youtube I have ever made. 2 views and the second one was me on my iPad. lmao