Grief Protection Plugin

rom3ox

Jul 29, 2019
My server is working with Grief Prevention and works pefectly with MCPC+

You and adjust every aspect of the plugin in the config, so for your problem "dont have enough blocks" try:
  • Increasing initial block on config.
  • Increasing total claim blocks limit on config
When you first place a chest, it creates a 9x9 protection, but you can desactivate this option in config.
Also, you can use the command /claimslist to see all claims you have and the coords, so you can go and remove the claim you need.

gccruz

Jul 29, 2019
I don't beleave it's that. I will set a claim by placing a chest, then when I go to expand the claim, it will say you need 4mil+ blocks to expand. This tells me that somehow the system has auto placed a claim at spawn, or it registers something at spawn. If I got to abandonallclaims, or abandon claim, it says you have no claims. I have adjusted both of those number in the config. I am familier with the plugin, since I used it on my bukkit server.

zusezuse

Jul 29, 2019
If you are using BukkitForge then below I have listed some working plugins.
-World guard (This is protection for spawn, Protection stones is player house protection)
-Protection stones (BukkitForge staff said it has NO problems)
-Lockette (Doesn't work for FTB chests like diamond chests though)
Hope I helped out. If you need any help with these plugins I would love to help you out :).

gccruz

Jul 29, 2019
I already have lockette, and worldguard on the server. I look at protection stones. thanks

rom3ox

Jul 29, 2019
Ok its a problem with BukkitForge, thats what happened to me one month ago when testing Bukkit Forge, the golden shovel doenst select the terrain correctly and the claim count has problems. i thought it would be repaired in latest versions, but no.... Thats why i switched to MCPC+, all plugins works better than with BukkitForge.

You will have to wait better plugin support if you want to stay with BukkitForge.

My recommendation its to switch to MCPC+.

powergitt

Jul 29, 2019
Have you been able to prevent turtles and wand of excavation from thaumcraft from breaking claimed blocks with MCPC and GriefPrevention?

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Have you been able to prevent turtles and wand of excavation from thaumcraft from breaking claimed blocks with MCPC and GriefPrevention?

This is a tricky and probebly wont happen, it is thanks to the way mods are build. The turtle is not the player bisicly.

When a trutle destroys a block or paces or anything else, the server will see " user computercraft" not the user who placed the turtle, and since it is the user " computercraft" that is dooing all this you can add him in your pers, but this can braik the abilitys of turtles. I am not sure how mystcraft works yet, havent looked into it yet but i asome the same way as the mining lazer.

I know that for 1.2.5 there was a fix for the mining lazer but it modifyd the server side of the mod jar. So the only way you can solve the wand issue is by actually changing the way the mod works, or finind anyone who can, or the mod dev himself.

Smackzter

Jul 29, 2019
This is a tricky and probebly wont happen, it is thanks to the way mods are build. The turtle is not the player bisicly.

When a trutle destroys a block or paces or anything else, the server will see " user computercraft" not the user who placed the turtle, and since it is the user " computercraft" that is dooing all this you can add him in your pers, but this can braik the abilitys of turtles. I am not sure how mystcraft works yet, havent looked into it yet but i asome the same way as the mining lazer.

I know that for 1.2.5 there was a fix for the mining lazer but it modifyd the server side of the mod jar. So the only way you can solve the wand issue is by actually changing the way the mod works, or finind anyone who can, or the mod dev himself.
A friend of mine is working on changing some of the bytecode for computercraft so it will actually log all actions as if the owner of the turtle was breaking them. I don't know if we're allowed to redistribute ComputerCraft but it'll be on my server soon.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
A friend of mine is working on changing some of the bytecode for computercraft so it will actually log all actions as if the owner of the turtle was breaking them. I don't know if we're allowed to redistribute ComputerCraft but it'll be on my server soon.

You cannot redistribute the mod itself without permission from Dan200. But you can schare the fix with us ;).

Also you can just contact Dan200 to ask if he wants to include that fix in the upcomming releases, he is a nice guy in real life so i dont see a problem with that.

Smackzter

Jul 29, 2019
You cannot redistribute the mod itself without permission from Dan200. But you can schare the fix with us ;).

Also you can just contact Dan200 to ask if he wants to include that fix in the upcomming releases, he is a nice guy in real life so i dont see a problem with that.
Sharing the fix would require giving everyone instructions on how to edit bytecode. I do know Dan is nice so i might just ask him to put it into actual computercraft.

Smackzter

Jul 29, 2019
I'll talk to the guy once the fix is done. Currently there are still some small issues. The fix -sort of- works but we had 1 turtle that didn't get an owner immediately so it just picked a guy at random or so.

n0mad

Jul 29, 2019
I'd hate to bump this thread, but I think this is pretty vital since I run a no-grief ftb unleashed server. (Hopefully griefers aren't reading)

Every thaumcraft item, portal gun, nukes, turtles, and any other modpack that allows blocks to be modified can bypass GriefPrevention. Sure I can disable portal guns, and nukes but I cannot disable thaumcraft and turtles simply because it's too big of a mod, and would ruin a lot of fun. Has anyone found fixes for this? My server is getting ravaged by griefers with portal guns and thaumcraft. Right now I've just started to spy on people with vanish - but I'm not always online.

Jammie

Jul 29, 2019
I'd hate to bump this thread, but I think this is pretty vital since I run a no-grief ftb unleashed server. (Hopefully griefers aren't reading)

Every thaumcraft item, portal gun, nukes, turtles, and any other modpack that allows blocks to be modified can bypass GriefPrevention. Sure I can disable portal guns, and nukes but I cannot disable thaumcraft and turtles simply because it's too big of a mod, and would ruin a lot of fun. Has anyone found fixes for this? My server is getting ravaged by griefers with portal guns and thaumcraft. Right now I've just started to spy on people with vanish - but I'm not always online.

You could always try MyTown, I know a good few of us owners have moved over to it. It's an all round better solution.