FTB Unhinged or Unleashed?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I activated the de-activated mods, and it gave me this error screen. At first I thought it was an ID confilct, but after reading it a couple of times i'm not sure. Could someone tell me whats up? Crucially: is it game-breaking?

EDIT: Having trouble posting an image of it, so i'll have to describe what it says:

Forge mod loader has found ID mismatches
Complete details are in the log file (whatever that is)

ID116 is mismatched between world & game

Do you wish to continue loading? Yes/No

tobiashunter

Jul 29, 2019
Okay so I got the latest version of Gregtech downloaded through the links on the website of his, and it still crashes. Do I do it through Jarmods or normal mods? I did it through Mods without any luck. Also, I noticed the Rotary Macerator and other faster machines aren't here. Gregtech didn't add those, though, did he?

I am getting the same problems. It's an ID conflict with Biome's O Plenty and GT. (If you don't have BoP enabled, go look through the log for "Conflict")

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I activated the de-activated mods, and it gave me this error screen. At first I thought it was an ID confilct, but after reading it a couple of times i'm not sure. Could someone tell me whats up? Crucially: is it game-breaking?

EDIT: Having trouble posting an image of it, so i'll have to describe what it says:

I am getting the same problems. It's an ID conflict with Biome's O Plenty and GT. (If you don't have BoP enabled, go look through the log for "Conflict")

No, you have to start a NEW world if you enable any of the disabled mods. You can't play on an old world if the additional mods were not on when you created it.

tobiashunter

Jul 29, 2019
No, you have to start a NEW world if you enable any of the disabled mods. You can't play on an old world if the additional mods were not on when you created it.

Ok, how do I start a NEW world if the game will not load? And by will not load, I mean crash on start up, literally, click launch, wait a few moments, error log appears.

Edit: Sorry for being a smartass, but when people assume I didn't do a simple task, I tend to bite.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, how do I start a NEW world if the game will not load? And by will not load, I mean crash on start up, literally, click launch, wait a few moments, error log appears.

Edit: Sorry for being a smartass, but when people assume I didn't do a simple task, I tend to bite.

Hrm, sorry. You shouldn't be getting a world ID mismatch at startup. Follow the directions in the first two links of my signature about basic trouble shooting and log files.

Edit: sorry for assuming you didn't do a simple task, but when you work tech support, you realize the vast majority of issues are because they didn't do that simple task.

tobiashunter

Jul 29, 2019
Fixed the problem on my end. Here is what I did (it's probably overkill, but hey it works, I loaded and was able to make my new world. I'll be playing it and HOPEFULLY I don't find anything out of whack).

In Biome's o Plenty config, under "tc compat ids", I just changed all the first 2's to 3's (Example: I:"Binding ID"=21088 to I:"Binding ID"=31088)
In Gregtech Config, I made the following I:TurbineSteel=31733 and I:TurbineTungstensteel=31734 .

This worked for me, your results may vary if you have additional/less mods (Using unleashed, Enabled NetherOre's and Biomes o Plenty, manually added Gregtech)

Eyamaz: I used to work in Customer Service where people would always assume the mistake was my/my companies end. I know the feeling. Oh and I was troubleshooting the ID conflict already :p I am used to doing this since the early beta days.....

TheBaconator

Jul 29, 2019
Fixed the problem on my end. Here is what I did (it's probably overkill, but hey it works, I loaded and was able to make my new world. I'll be playing it and HOPEFULLY I don't find anything out of whack).

In Biome's o Plenty config, under "tc compat ids", I just changed all the first 2's to 3's (Example: I:"Binding ID"=21088 to I:"Binding ID"=31088)
In Gregtech Config, I made the following I:TurbineSteel=31733 and I:TurbineTungstensteel=31734 .

This worked for me, your results may vary if you have additional/less mods (Using unleashed, Enabled NetherOre's and Biomes o Plenty, manually added Gregtech)

Eyamaz: I used to work in Customer Service where people would always assume the mistake was my/my companies end. I know the feeling. Oh and I was troubleshooting the ID conflict already :p I am used to doing this since the early beta days.....

That worked for me. Thank you SO much.

TheBaconator

Jul 29, 2019
Great, another problem. I want to use the mod Advanced Machines because I like Rotary Macerators, Singularity Compressors, etc. I added it and I got a crash. I did the 1.5.2 version and did it like I normally would. I looked through the log and didn't really find anything, although I probably overlooked it. Should I just go with overclockers instead? :p

tobiashunter

Jul 29, 2019
Great, another problem. I want to use the mod Advanced Machines because I like Rotary Macerators, Singularity Compressors, etc. I added it and I got a crash. I did the 1.5.2 version and did it like I normally would. I looked through the log and didn't really find anything, although I probably overlooked it. Should I just go with overclockers instead? :p

Can you PM me the link you are using for Advanced Machines? I'll see if I can troubleshoot it real quick before I go to sleep. (No promises though)

tobiashunter

Jul 29, 2019
Done: In the Advanced Machines config, change I:AdvancedMachineBlock=4094 to I:AdvancedMachineBlock=4085

Going to bed, good night and good mining!

Reactions: TheBaconator

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019

116 is the ID for the vanilla enchanting table. EnchantingPlus kind of needs to replace that one with its own, so that's why you get that message. Also, if you add that mod to a world where you already had an enchanting table, you need to break it and place it again in order for it to work.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
I thought this would start Greg flame war again...

What would be the point? Everyone's made their feelings on the matter clear and the decision of what to do has been made by the FTB team, at this point it'd be beating a dead horse.

sks0315

Jul 29, 2019
What would be the point? Everyone's made their feelings on the matter clear and the decision of what to do has been made by the FTB team, at this point it'd be beating a dead horse.
Well I saw people doing flame war about gregtech like 4 days ago. So...

Fuzzlewhumper

Jul 29, 2019
Well I saw people doing flame war about gregtech like 4 days ago. So...

I'll post the results of complaining about Greg.

1. Thread gets closed.
2. If multiple threads exist,they get closed too.
3. If issue is huge, close all threads - make new thread in another forum and tell everyone to go there.
4. Wait a few days.
5. Close that thread too.

Yeah, pretty much not very impressed and as a result - dead horse set to true. I see people talk about greg or RP2 and I think, "You're just wasting your life. Get an ice cream sandwich and be a happier person."

Reactions: Riuga and russjr08

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, feeding the glue factory is generally discouraged as it's not really constructive. Thankfully we have threads like these that can civilly discuss tangentially related stuff without devolving into a cage match. =)

HC217

Jul 29, 2019
how do you enable mods for servers? been stuck trying to get BoP on a server for me and a couple friends