FTB Infinity Evolved 2.2.2: Cauldron tutorial

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Shuuin

Jul 29, 2019
Before we start this Tutorial i want to say that. I do not know everything, so if i can't fix your crash "sorry".

What i use:
- Notepad++
- Windows 10: 64Bit
- Everything is uploaded in my mega.nz : i'll try to update the files when i get the time :)
What my test server runs:
- Windows 10: 64Bit
- Java 8 64bit
- 16GB DDR3 Total ram "8gb used for server test"​

Let's start.

First we'll be download Cauldron ( Download )
- Create a folder on your desktop or on your dedicated server.
- Extract Cauldron.zip to your Folder you just created.

Now we download the FTB infinity Server files ( Download )
- Delete those files you see om the image before extracting the files inside the zip. ( Image )
- The content of the Cauldron and FTB server files might look weird, but it's okay.
- You extract everthing from FTB infinity server 2.2.2 Files.zip into the same folder as you extracted Cauldron.zip.
- Now the folder should look like this ( Image )
- If it looks like that then we're ready!
- Just click start and let the magic happen "start.bat" or for linux "start.sh". Server starts with 8Gb ram, you can change this just by open it with nodepad++ or some other edit software.​

Finish.....

I hope this one did help you guys out, just a little.
- You're welcome to contact me on skype here: dkcomchristoffer
- if i forgot something please tell me or if you want me to do more tuts, tell me :D
Everything worked 100% on my computer, it worked in first run and i could join the server without any problems. But i do not know about linux, i didnt test it there.

Here is a little guide for multicraft, i hope it works!

Multicraft:
First off, i do not know if your host have it this way.
- we're going to start from step two, where we download the modpack.
- You then create a folder inside the folder for your modpack "Your server directory" called "Jar".
- You then put everything inside the Cauldron.jar into that folder named "Jar" and everything else "The FTP modpack" out side the "Jar" folder. ( Image ) << Take a look at this
- Then you go to Multicraft Control panel and find the section "jar file" you then type in "Cauldron.jar" then "Save" and now you try to start the server and see what happens.
- If the server starts, then you're success. If you're still in problems try to add me on skype.​

Last edited:

Artezza

Jul 29, 2019
Just be careful if you download this and don't have more than 8gb of RAM, as the start.bat will allocate the server 8gb. If you need to change it, right click on the bat file, click edit and then change the -Xmx8G to something less, such as -Xmx2G. Oh and thanks a lot for the tutorial, couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get cauldron working.

Shuuin

Jul 29, 2019
Just be careful if you download this and don't have more than 8gb of RAM, as the start.bat will allocate the server 8gb. If you need to change it, right click on the bat file, click edit and then change the -Xmx8G to something less, such as -Xmx2G. Oh and thanks a lot for the tutorial, couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get cauldron working.
Yep, that is right. And i did state it in my post to XD

But thanks for giving a reminder :D

X

xxStaten

I've followed the instructions to add this to my server. My server is on a server host I'm paying for instead of my PC, so what do I do about the step that says "Just click start and let the magic happen "start.bat" or for linux "start.sh". Server starts with 8Gb ram, you can change this just by open it with nodepad++ or some other edit software."

Also, I was told that I'm to add this to my server if I want to use plugins with my server. If this is true, now how do I add plugins? This is my first time using a modpack for a server >_<

Reactions: Shuuin

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
If the server host is using a control panel like Multicraft, you should be able so select the used .jar file. With Multicraft the easiest way is to select custom and rename the Cauldron.jar to custom.jar. There might also be a setting to use Cauldron, which should also work. When using a Minecraft hosting service you don't need the start files.

Onece you have installed Cauldron and started the server, it will create a plugins folder where you install the plugins.

Shuuin

Jul 29, 2019
I've followed the instructions to add this to my server. My server is on a server host I'm paying for instead of my PC, so what do I do about the step that says "Just click start and let the magic happen "start.bat" or for linux "start.sh". Server starts with 8Gb ram, you can change this just by open it with nodepad++ or some other edit software."

Also, I was told that I'm to add this to my server if I want to use plugins with my server. If this is true, now how do I add plugins? This is my first time using a modpack for a server >_<
Well if your host is using Multicraft then here is a little guide:

- You then create a folder inside the folder for your modpack "Your server directory" called "Jar".
- You then put everything inside the Cauldron.jar into that folder named "Jar" and everything else "The FTP modpack" out side the "Jar" folder. ( Image ) << Take a look at this
- Then you go to Multicraft Control panel and find the section "jar file" you then type in "Cauldron.jar" then "Save" and now you try to start the server and see what happens.
- If the server starts, then you're success. If you're still in problems try to add me on skype.
I hope this was helpful.

X

xxStaten

Well if your host is using Multicraft then here is a little guide:

- If the server starts, then you're success. If you're still in problems try to add me on skype.
I hope this was helpful.

Do I need to worry about the start.bat & start.sh files?

Also, again. How do I add plugins once this is installed?

Last edited:

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
With multicatft or any other panel you don't have to worry about start files. After starting the server for the first time it will create the plugins folder, add the plugins you want and restart the server.

jonatan.olsson.908

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know but for me it seems like a logical error when you should remove eula.txt and version.json files from the ftbserver.zip but cauldron.zip don't gives you the eula.txt or the version.json file and the final image there is a eula and version? Can someone explain..