FTB Infinity Evolved 2.2.2: Cauldron tutorial

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Shuuin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know but for me it seems like a logical error when you should remove eula.txt and version.json files from the ftbserver.zip but cauldron.zip don't gives you the eula.txt or the version.json file and the final image there is a eula and version? Can someone explain..
The server should generate the eula and the version.json :)

jonatan.olsson.908

Jul 29, 2019
Also you said the eula.txt and version.json files should be there before you click on start.bat, and that's what I suppose is when they should get generated but nothing happens. Sry if I sound like a completly idiot bit im a newbie.

Shuuin

Jul 29, 2019
Also you said the eula.txt and version.json files should be there before you click on start.bat, and that's what I suppose is when they are generated. Sry if I sound like a completly idiot bit im a newbie.
let it run for a bit, takes a few sec for it to load the console.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
The modpack version does not matter, what is important is Forge version. Check what version of Forge Infinity uses and download Cauldron that uses the same or higher version of Forge.

jonatan.olsson.908

Jul 29, 2019
Which folder do i want to dump in all bukkit plugins for example "griefprevention"? Is it the mod folder or plugins because i have seen different things in different tutorials

K

Kynolin

Thank you for this post!

My experience:
Wouldn't start with current servers. No error info. I tried it on a FRESH FTB IE 2.4.2 setup, and it worked! I copied my world over, and it still worked!
No more "can't keep up" messages! It's not even pegging one core. All the load is balanced.

Backstory:
After I upgraded my cloud server to 4x3.2GHz Intel Xeon and 4GB RAM with SSD storage and still failing to run FTB IE, I tried a local server. I've spent the last week trying to figure out how my new 4.5GHz AMD server couldn't handle FTB Infinity Evolved for two people. It was crippled by being single threaded. I tried every Java option, and it wasn't enough. I have a much more powerful 5GHz Intel machine, but it's ridiculous to think MC can't work on a brand new 4.5GHz AMD CPU. I even tried to see if VMware ESX would allow me to assign 4 cores to one vcore (it can't) to solve the problem. I found out about Cauldron, and this post provided everything I needed to get it to work.

Thank you! And, thank you for hosting the files just so I know I had exactly what you had to get it to work!

Setup:
OS: Arch Linux (4.4.5-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 10 07:38:19 CET 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
Java: jre8-openjdk 8.u74-1
AMD A10 7870K @4.5GHz
16GB DDR3 2400
2x120GB SSD

B

BobSagwet3000

All I want is mcMMO to run on my ftb-infinity server.

That's it.

It's the only plugin I want installed.

Downloaded the cauldron file. The server launched fine.

Added in the mcmmo plugin and ran the server again.

It created configuration folders just like you would expect it to for the plugin, but in game no commands work, nor are there any prompts.

Last edited:
C

Caraket

Hey, I'm wondering if you could give me a hand. I'm looking for a version of cauldron or similar that works with ftb infinity evolved 1.7.10 version 2.5. I've been looking for a while. The newest version I've found so far is here on Yive's Mirror and there are multiple mods that don't like it. Any insight or workaround would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Shuuin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I'm wondering if you could give me a hand. I'm looking for a version of cauldron or similar that works with ftb infinity evolved 1.7.10 version 2.5. I've been looking for a while. The newest version I've found so far is here on Yive's Mirror and there are multiple mods that don't like it. Any insight or workaround would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Hello, can i get you to try this and if thise does not work i'll setup the server for you and send you the files :)
Here is link. Click here

C

Caraket

You can also find kcauldron here, https://prok.pw/downloads.html#pw.prok:KCauldron
There is also Thermos which is a kcauldron fork which should fix some of the kcauldron issues.

Thank you. I don't know why Google and Bing couldn't fine this site for me.

Hello, can i get you to try this and if thise does not work i'll setup the server for you and send you the files :)
Here is link. Click here

The link just gives me a 404. It's just a personal server for a friend and me. I just like to break it and fix it lol. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it very much.