Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCPuddin

Jul 29, 2019
Wow I'm surprised the amount of things that have happened today, I have hope in eloraam to pull it off, her tweets seem feasible enough:)

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
And ironically, the same day this is posted, Eloraam tweets saying she is working on RP again. So, if RP2 is released soon, will you update all packs or just have a beta until 1.6 anyway?

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Great to hear the current state of affairs. Might even be worth considering a monthly "State of FTB" info update. :)

Based on what I know about Eloraam's approach to RP2 and whatnot, barring any major changes in circumstances RL for her, RP2 has a very long and wonderful future ahead of it. So itching to see what the next full FTB map will provide. :D

Moleculor

Jul 29, 2019
Good. I've been saying RP2 needed to be dropped for quite some time, and I'm glad to see it finally happening.

The cynic in me is quirking an eyebrow at the fact that this information is coming out just before the Reddit AMA today, but gift horse, mouth, etc.

I would HIGHLY encourage the FTB team to stay away from RP2 in the future even if Eloraam releases an update. Putting RP2 back in would essentially be saying "We think that the last 12+ months of consistent behaviour from her is 'just a fluke' and we expect that somehow her entire life situation, schedule, and desire to keep people in the loop are all going to miraculously change overnight," which is just an unfair and unrealistic expectation.

And ironically, the same day this is posted, Eloraam tweets saying she is working on RP again. So, if RP2 is released soon, will you update all packs or just have a beta until 1.6 anyway?

That's not irony, that's a threat of being dropped being the only thing to convince her to take 60 seconds to write two tweets. If it takes that much just to get a couple of tweets, I wouldn't hold my breath on timely, bug-free RP2 updates.

is there a google spreadsheet somewhere with the mods we are waiting for to update on 1.5 ?

http://goo.gl/o6xXH

Reactions: Dravarden

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
Can you also get the Yogscast to update their pack, like add Flans mod, Gravisuite, and compact solars?

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
Good. I've been saying RP2 needed to be dropped for quite some time, and I'm glad to see it finally happening.

The cynic in me is quirking an eyebrow at the fact that this information is coming out just before the Reddit AMA today, but gift horse, mouth, etc.

I would HIGHLY encourage the FTB team to stay away from RP2 in the future even if Eloraam releases an update. Putting RP2 back in would essentially be saying "We think that the last 12+ months of consistent behaviour from her is 'just a fluke' and we expect that somehow her entire life situation, schedule, and desire to keep people in the loop are all going to miraculously change overnight," which is just an unfair and unrealistic expectation.

That's not irony, that's a threat of being dropped being the only thing to convince her to take 60 seconds to write two tweets. If it takes that much just to get a couple of tweets, I wouldn't hold my breath on timely, bug-free RP2 updates.

http://goo.gl/o6xXH
You sir sound like a real pleasure to be around.

Zisest

Jul 29, 2019
An hour ago Eloraam twitted that she's updating RP2 and it's not too bad. So I think that we will see RP2 pretty soonish (hope so)

Reactions: seannyyx
Jul 29, 2019
How come we can't just take out canvas bags from the source!?!? Its unfortunate, yet true, the "portable chest" we all use has to be taken out. Empty yo bag into a chest, and throw it into lava.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I also never want to create a situation where a developer feels they have to work harder or faster than they normally would in order to meet the demands of FTB. That is not the way it is meant to be. It is our job to work around them, not the other way around.
Hear, hear. With this sentiment in mind, it seems to me that rushing to get a new FTB pack out as soon as possible every time that there's a Minecraft update is not a reasonable expectation. People started complaining about how RP2 was holding back FTB for 1.5 within days of 1.5 being released. That's just crazy to expect a stable pack of mods this size to be released even within a month of a Minecraft update. It's been 1 month and 5 days since 1.5, and just under a month since 1.5.1. Maybe, just maybe, a month is a reasonable time frame for a mod pack to come out in, but it's at the very lower bound of my expectation. As a software developer, I can tell you that a month is not very long at all.

You've got grinders and squeezers and boilers and jet packs and automatic carts and pipes and tubes and super size chests. You can live without comparators for a little while more, can't you?

Joshua.Perna

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I get the new Ultimate Server files? He says they are being posted before we can finish reading. Did I misunderstand that portion of the post?

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Where can I get the new Ultimate Server files? He says they are being posted before we can finish reading. Did I misunderstand that portion of the post?
If you mean Ultimate 1.0.2 (last 1.4.7 release), it is currently in the launcher, but not recommended. If you select Ultimate, then just under the Maps tab there is a menu to select between 'Recommended', '1.0.1' and 1.0.2'

huldu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm already over RP2. Many mods can do the same or even better in some cases. The only things I miss from RP2 is the sickle and red alloy wire. Still, I'm fine without them.

Reactions: Dravarden
Status
Not open for further replies.