Feed The Beast - Redpower and 1.5.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
I think this is a perfect solution and I applaud the efforts of the FTB team. Lets face it. RP2 is deeply intergrated into the FTB system. Waiting through 1.6 makes a ton of sense and I have a feeling she will update everything eventually. Good news! I am really looking forward to getting the new NEI for 1.4.7 The 1.5.x pack i am also looking forward to because powersuits mod has made some changes and of course rednet cables are interesting.

You do realize that even if she updates for 1.5, he same situation would occur for the 1.6 release anyway right? That is part of the issue with it. There are no guarantees.

AUSGrizzly

Jul 29, 2019
Wait. Confused...
How is the Beta Pack thing going to work. How do you decide who gets access to it???
TBH though, that combination of new mods. -drool- I have been meaning to look into getting those onto the server me and a few friends play on but they all are such noobs when it comes to modding, heck 2/3s of them can't even work out how to add a single mod to FTB as it is... T_T (NO, YOU DO NOT EXTRACT IT, JUST PUT IT INTO THE FOLDER!!!)

ryanjh5521

Jul 29, 2019
Even if the mod was opensourced it would still take awhile for somebody to update it. Isnt there like 2k blocks and items. Each one of those requires its own texture now.

Reactions: NoobIsMeX

hutchkc

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome, this is exactly what I wanted. Those that wish to wait can and those that don't can move on.

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
i'm wondering if this means an alternative toolset to frames/frame motors has been found for the interim? that's the biggest loss, and last i heard none of the people on board wanted to touch anything like frames, ugocraft isn't compatible, and there really isn't anything else(well grummdots unfinished airship code but ugh).

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Frames, Tubes, Basalt/Marble, Assortment of great machines, Red alloy wire, logic circuits, microblocks, project tables, jacketed cable and lamps...... Going to leave a big hole :(

Only thing I wont miss are volcanoes, good compromise though leaving Ult as it is and bringing out a new pack.

ButtonPusher

Jul 29, 2019
Eloraam, thank you for your dedication and hard work. We all appreciate you and your diligence. I wish to thank you for everything you do for us, on the behalf of all of us users.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Release a 1.5.x versions of the packs whenever you want, add in the mods as they get updated.

...which isn't unlike how the packs are managed in between major releases.

It isn't FTB that needs to decide to wait/go, it is the server admins. As long as the 1.4.7 packs don't disappear for awhile I don't see a problem.

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this news thread was posted hours ago. Elo probably saw it and tweeted. It's fine, Slow will see and probably change post.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Will be interesting to see if anything changes now that she is online, perhaps she will have a chance to talk to slow.

K4b6

Jul 29, 2019
I love Eloraam's hard work in all of this, I agree a great mod and the coder behind needs the respect of the community, with that said I am happy the a huge chuck of the community has the patience to wait for anything to come out, I hope Elo never gets to stressed about the mod, It itself is amazing and she has the heart to do it better then anyone else...

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
So before everything goes crazy in here let me tell update you all now that Eloraam is back: We will be running the beta as planned without redpower on 1.5.x then if redpower comes it may be added to the beta pack, if we do get to a point on 1.5.x where all major mods from ultimate are updated and there are minimal comparability issues then we will update the packs. This does NOT mean that we will be updating as soon as redpower comes out and does not mean that redpower will be holding us up because there are several other mods that are not updated or have issues and 1.6 is just around the corner which could break everything once again.

Our plans are staying basically the same as before, if redpower is ready then we might put it in the beta pack and if everything else is updated as well then we will try and update other packs.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
don't get me wrong, I like redpower with its frames and tube frames and frame motors but... doing 2 more modpacks just to wait for a simple mod? come on, is not like is forge or something. I bet if it was IC2 or buildcraft, or any other big mod, it wouldn't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.