Direwolf20 1.7.10 Help, Venting and Discussion Thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

scorpin17

Jul 29, 2019
Either you double clicked the search bar and it doesnt reset (wich is a known bug) or you have journeymap installed (wich tends to mess with all kinds of stuff after some time, also a known bug)
My tip: dont double click the search bar, remove journeymap and install fastcraft and opis for the map.
This helped me out alot since i was having alot of lagg issues after some time ingame yet now i run the pack stable with 250+ fps on a medium automated base

Too bad the twilight forest cant generate on a server atm due to a bug i think.

I did as you suggested and it fixed my problem thank you.:)

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
Just do what I do - run your Winamp (or whatever) in the background, minimized. :) The OpenBlocks radio is a very cool idea, no doubt... but it's just not needed (for me anyways). I guess if you play on a server, the neat thing about the in-game radio is that everyone can hear it if they are nearby? I've actually never tried the radio, but then again I don't play SMP very often.
My favorite thing about the OpenBlocks radio is the positional audio. I can be working in my base, move a bit away from it, and it actually sounds like I've moved further from the radio. It's far more immersive than I expected it to be before the first time I played with it, and I love that immersion.

Is it craftable in your world?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see the OpenBlocks radio, either in NEI or
My favorite thing about the OpenBlocks radio is the positional audio. I can be working in my base, move a bit away from it, and it actually sounds like I've moved further from the radio. It's far more immersive than I expected it to be before the first time I played with it, and I love that immersion.

Is it craftable in your world?

Good point about the immersion factor. But I think you might be in for some disappointment, because I just checked the OpenBlocks book that is in our inventory when we start our world... and there's no more mention of any radio. And it's not in my NEI either, so from all appearances they may have removed that block from the mod.

Thinking about it a bit more... if you found crystals in a chest, then perhaps what has happened is that the radio was inadvertantly left out of the pack via a config setting? And since the radio isn't in the pack, perhaps the OpenBlocks book automatically removes the page for the radio? I think you said you were in the config files modifying them, so you probably would have looked for that... but I bet it's something like that.

Last edited:

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
I don't see the OpenBlocks radio, either in NEI or

Good point about the immersion factor. But I think you might be in for some disappointment, because I just checked the OpenBlocks book that is in our inventory when we start our world... and there's no more mention of any radio. And it's not in my NEI either, so from all appearances they may have removed that block from the mod.

Thinking about it a bit more... if you found crystals in a chest, then perhaps what has happened is that the radio was inadvertantly left out of the pack via a config setting? And since the radio isn't in the pack, perhaps the OpenBlocks book automatically removes the page for the radio? I think you said you were in the config files modifying them, so you probably would have looked for that... but I bet it's something like that.
Yeah, I already checked OpenBlocks' config. I don't know why any other config could or would remove it, and I'm not checking through the several million other config files.

Blargh, yeah, I just went and checked OpenBlocks' website and looked at the changelog (something I should've done to start with ._.), and it says it right there:
  • Removed: Radio
I wonder why? :( Especially since NotEnoughCodecs is still installed in the modpack, which is only used for the OpenBlocks radio... that just doesn't make any sense. Hopefully it's only removed until something concerning it can be fixed... I wants muh radio back.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I already checked OpenBlocks' config. I don't know why any other config could or would remove it, and I'm not checking through the several million other config files.

Blargh, yeah, I just went and checked OpenBlocks' website and looked at the changelog (something I should've done to start with ._.), and it says it right there:
I wonder why? :( Especially since NotEnoughCodecs is still installed in the modpack, which is only used for the OpenBlocks radio... that just doesn't make any sense. Hopefully it's only removed until something concerning it can be fixed... I wants muh radio back.

Could it have been a copyright issue? Only thing that comes to mind...

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
Could it have been a copyright issue? Only thing that comes to mind...
I really doubt it. Any copyright issues would originate from the music owners, and would target the internet radio stations themselves; targeting a Minecraft mod that accesses those internet radio stations would be a pretty ineffective way of enforcing a copyright.

PhoenixSmith

Jul 29, 2019
I really doubt it. Any copyright issues would originate from the music owners, and would target the internet radio stations themselves; targeting a Minecraft mod that accesses those internet radio stations would be a pretty ineffective way of enforcing a copyright.
I meant the internet stations not wanting to be played in a payed game. idk were they opensource?

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Updating EnderIO after removing all other mods that use the Buildcraft API breaks Railcraft.

[16:42:21] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Caught exception from Railcraft
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: buildcraft/api/gates/ITriggerProvider
at mods.railcraft.common.modules.ModuleCore.initFirst(ModuleCore.java:128) ~[ModuleCore.class:?]

I want the new stuff in EnderIO, I don't want to re-install Buildcraft, & while I can do without Railcraft, it is the 1 big legacy mod I'm reluctant to drop. Decisions, decisions...

CedricB

Jul 29, 2019
I meant the internet stations not wanting to be played in a payed game. idk were they opensource?
They still get their hits and the ads still play, so I'm not sure why they would want to disable this method of accessing their station, assuming they even have the right to dictate what their URLs are accessed by. And if any particular groups of radio stations did take action against OpenMods for the Radio block's functionality, the mod dev could simply have blacklisted those URLs from working with the mod; there are plenty of internet radio stations that play exclusively public domain or otherwise non-copyrighted stuff. It just seems super unlikely to me that copyright issues are the cause.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm playing on an outdated machine, 4GB RAM total.

I was getting seriously crappy framerate even with the render distance turned down and particles off.

I removed a few mods (mainly pneumaticraft) and added several different ones.

But the thing that makes it playable right now is fastcraft. It's upped my framerate back up to around 50. <3

Oh, but I just realised there's no CalclaviaCore, so my easy early-game rush to steel tools is buggered.

*trots off to find another .jar*

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

I just sent one of the mod developers (Mikee) an email asking him what is the reason for radio removal and also informing him that the crystals have not been removed, which is causing a bit of confusion. Maybe he'll come here and reply, otherwise if he answers my email I'll relay it.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
OK so i'm digging and I just found this:

2014-11-15_16.10.58.png
It's an area where the block light drops to 0, light sources won't propagate into it. It's not a bug as far as I'm aware.

Is this part of some mod and if so, what is it and what does it do?

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
OK so i'm digging and I just found this:

View attachment 13410
It's an area where the block light drops to 0, light sources won't propagate into it. It's not a bug as far as I'm aware.

Is this part of some mod and if so, what is it and what does it do?
Maybe its on a certain biome border. Tough i think its a lightning bug
What happens if you walk into it

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Maybe its on a certain biome border. Tough i think its a lightning bug
What happens if you walk into it

Walked into it, placed torches in it, tried all sorts of things. Torches only light up the block they're placed in for some reason...

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Walked into it, placed torches in it, tried all sorts of things. Torches only light up the block they're placed in for some reason...
Try checking what is on the surface of that area. Im quite intrigued to what it actually is, still think it a bug tough

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019

Ive been seeing this too in my personal pack and its seems to always be centered around an AE2 meteor but that might just be a coincidence, I havent checked to see whats on the surface every time Ive encountered the lighting glitch.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Sounds about right. Tried placing and breaking blocks in case it's 'darkness' blocks like the the bottled darkness thing from Thaumic Tinkerer?

Anyone encountered wood planks underground? I've run into Oak and Eucalpytus and it's generating like it's an ore vein.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds about right. Tried placing and breaking blocks in case it's 'darkness' blocks like the the bottled darkness thing from Thaumic Tinkerer?

Anyone encountered wood planks underground? I've run into Oak and Eucalpytus and it's generating like it's an ore vein.

Lol, thats funny. Sounds like this pack could have used more testing before they released it.