Direwolf 20: 1.6.4 {PUBLIC BETA} Crash issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Riley

Jul 29, 2019
Code:
Memory connection overburdened; after processing 2500 packets, we still have 1133 to go!
This suggests the ram usage, but 5 should be plenty. There isnt much in the log in terms of errors resulting in a crash, so im not sure what to recommend. After a few quick searches online though, it seems to be down to certain mods. Were you using a specific mod when the crash happened? Such as Thaumcraft or anything?

No it happens at log in I basically get logged in it shows my character in game and shuts itself down

bajansam

Jul 29, 2019
Still the same result unfortunately. Also, when I crash, my graphics card pops up an error message about stopping and then recovering if that's any help. I did update to the latest drivers and Java after getting these messages a few times though, so I don't think that's the problem.
Here's the crash log for this time, with Thaumcraft and Tinker's Construct appearing to be the last messages.

http://pastebin.com/ixhF9Dzk
It seems like Thaumcraft and and Tinkers are loading fine, so thats not the problem. It seems like the issue is with realms or OpenAL, but i have no clue about these, so id wait for the tech support to be able to get to on this one. Sorry i cant help!

XcmByte

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like Thaumcraft and and Tinkers are loading fine, so thats not the problem. It seems like the issue is with realms or OpenAL, but i have no clue about these, so id wait for the tech support to be able to get to on this one. Sorry i cant help!
Oh well, thanks for all your support anyway! I'll just wait for an update or something, maybe that will fix it.

metscatcher35

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20
Mod & Version: 1.6.4
Crash Log:
Bug: Minecraft keeps running out of memory.
Repeated? : Yes, this happens every time.
Known Fix: N/A

bajansam

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Log:
Bug: Minecraft keeps running out of memory.
Repeated? : Yes, this happens every time.
Known Fix: N/A
Without a crash log, no one can really help you.

I heard someone talkin bout the map mod. Noticed this in the FTB twitter.

http://profmobius.blogspot.fr/2013/12/opis-111.html

The modder updated opis today, maybe this could help someone?
Yeah i noticed that it was updated too, it wouldn't surprise me if they do a DW20 1.0.3 update soon to fix this.

EDIT: Yeah, new Opis update includes a patch for the error i found with Opis. Anyone having problems, update at this link and delete your old Opis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashzification

Akkarin

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting little problem i say little because it's not game crippling however it does cause what i would call a very annoying problem.
please note i don't know if this is caused by the FTB launcher, my computer or the mod pack itself.

i am getting an error, saying that access to natives is denied. as a direct result of this (i must assume) i am unable to access the resource folder for texture packs etc. the error log that contains this error is FTBLauncherLog.txt and the dump is as follows:
pastbin: http://pastebin.com/XmwA0nNS

p.s. this has only happened since the failed update to 1.0.1 and has persisted into 1.0.0 (from rollback) and now into 1.0.2.

any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Akkarin.

frithQ

Jul 29, 2019
I cant load the mod pack, when ever i click launch it just sits there and wont let me click on anything. i went in to the log and all that was at the bottom was it telling me that its debugging retaining mod pack files.
what does that mean and does anybody else's do that?

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
Format:

Mod & Version: Chunk Loading
Pastebin link to crash log: No Crash
Whats the bug? All players in server experencing chunks not loading. no errors in console. Server has 12GB ram dedicated to it on a dedicated server
Can it be repeated? Yes happens with any worlds i try to load

Does this happen in a long line of like 3-4 chunks? If so, I can pretty much guarantee it is caused by ChickenChunks. I've had that issue in every instance of FTB that has included ChickenChunks.

escape444

Jul 29, 2019
I have found a temporary fix for this

While your loading the game, have your mods folder open wherever it is, and before the Mojang screen pops up, quickly delete the thaumictinker 2.0-38.jar and tconstruct_1.6.4_1.5.1.jar

This has worked for me, i hope it works for you good luck

i cant open the mod folder and run the game together

bajansam

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting little problem i say little because it's not game crippling however it does cause what i would call a very annoying problem.
please note i don't know if this is caused by the FTB launcher, my computer or the mod pack itself.

i am getting an error, saying that access to natives is denied. as a direct result of this (i must assume) i am unable to access the resource folder for texture packs etc. the error log that contains this error is FTBLauncherLog.txt and the dump is as follows:
pastbin: http://pastebin.com/XmwA0nNS

p.s. this has only happened since the failed update to 1.0.1 and has persisted into 1.0.0 (from rollback) and now into 1.0.2.

any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Akkarin.
Take your FTB folder out of the location that it is in. Place it in a new folder on your desktop, with no spaces or special characters in the file path. It cannot be placed in any temporary folder, including Downloads and shouldn't be in program files, where you currently have it. Change the install directory (in the options tab of the launcher) to the new location. Hope this helped!

Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/mdQHSG2s
Whats the bug? The game works fine for 1-10 minutes, and then runs out of memory
Can it be repeated? Yes.
I've just done some testing on this and there is and error with the connection of the memory between the client and client server. Connecting to a singleplayer world will cause this to happen, but if you join a multiplayer world, it wont. So i recommend joining a server if you want to play. At least until there is an update fixing this.

I cant load the mod pack, when ever i click launch it just sits there and wont let me click on anything. i went in to the log and all that was at the bottom was it telling me that its debugging retaining mod pack files.
what does that mean and does anybody else's do that?
Help us to help you, and post the log

Remember this modpack is still in very early release, and there will be more problems to come, but more fixes too!

Last edited:

umitoni

Jul 29, 2019
Manually download TConstruct 1.5.1 and install it. You have 1.5.2 installed, so you need to downgrade. Note this is the mod version, not the minecraft version. Better way around this is to ask the server to update their TConstruct.

Try deleting your entire FTB file and redownload everything

Remove 'Opis' from your mods folder. MapWriter (built into Opis) is causing texture conflicts.

Code:
at mapwriter.MwUtil.allocateDirectIntBuffer(MwUtil.java:88)
        at mapwriter.Texture.<init>(Texture.java:20)
        at mapwriter.map.MapTexture.<init>(MapTexture.java:54)
        at mapwriter.Mw.onClientLoggedIn(Mw.java:436)
        at mapwriter.forge.MwConnectionHandler.clientLoggedIn(MwConnectionHandler.java:52)
        at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.clientLoggedIn(NetworkRegistry.java:211)

EDIT: Sorry to any mods/tech support who think im mini-modding, im just helping out whilst you are away. Hope you dont mind! :)

Removed opis and it still wont work, it did not make a crash log, but here's the error it gave me: http://pastebin.com/FUANp6pk

wiphand

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.6.4 1.0.2
Mod & Version: not sure what to write here but i will add that i am on a mac and my friend who has same crashes is also on a mac
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/AW2tTtph part 1
http://pastebin.com/1ibLzgWh part 2
Whats the bug? I log onto a server and for a few seconds everything is fine then when i open any inventory i start to lagg more and more and then i crash
Can it be repeated? Yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.