Mod Feedback [By Request] RotaryCraft Suggestions

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
A few do exist and this is for those who do. Besides, this will still see use from those who do have NEI. Just look at Botanias handbook.
I have no intention of re-implementing NEI. If you want recipe lookup, add the mod designed explicitly for that purpose, not asking for it to be individually implemented in every other mod.

Reactions: ChemE and RealKC

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
I have no intention of re-implementing NEI. If you want recipe lookup, add the mod designed explicitly for that purpose, not asking for it to be individually implemented in every other mod.

I'm not saying to re-implement NEI, all I want is a little mouse action that shows the crafting recipes for the items in machine recipes like Botania does. Nothing wrong with a simple quality of life improvement is there?

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
How about a little bit of NEI help: If NEI is loaded, and I click on the icon, I am taken to NEI's recipe for the item?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It already does. He wants it without NEI.
I think what he wants is for clicking on an item in a recipe in the book to take him to that item's page in the book. Could be handy if any of the items have weird in-world crafting recipes that don't show up in NEI, such as ChromatiCraft boosted shards.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I think what he wants is for clicking on an item in a recipe in the book to take him to that item's page in the book. Could be handy if any of the items have weird in-world crafting recipes that don't show up in NEI, such as ChromatiCraft boosted shards.
This for RotaryCraft, which has no such crafting, and CC's in-world crafting does appear in NEI.

Braidedheadman

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed the updated to v11. Of particular interest is the Botania integration where, "RotaryCraft: Grinder can now process Botania flowers." I was wondering if (now or in the future) this functionality extends to the extractor? It sounds like a fantastic way to produce dyes! :D

What about vanilla / other mod flowers?

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I just noticed the updated to v11. Of particular interest is the Botania integration where, "RotaryCraft: Grinder can now process Botania flowers." I was wondering if (now or in the future) this functionality extends to the extractor? It sounds like a fantastic way to produce dyes! :D

What about vanilla / other mod flowers?
The Extractor is exclusively for ores.

S

Sniper16i

More of a question than a suggestion but do you all know of any good modpacks with RoC, Chromaticraft, Geostrata and then a bunch of other mods? I liked FTB Monster but is outdated know and I haven't heard of any other kitchen-sink type packs with Reika's mods. I think these mods are pretty freakin cool but nobody seems to have them...

Aetherpirate

Jul 29, 2019
I have Rotartycraft, Electricraft, and Reactorcraft and a mix of other tech mods in my pack. No Chromecraft or Geostrata though.

Consider making your own pack with all the mods you like. It's fun, and you end up with exactly what you want.

S

Sniper16i

I have Rotartycraft, Electricraft, and Reactorcraft and a mix of other tech mods in my pack. No Chromecraft or Geostrata though.

Consider making your own pack with all the mods you like. It's fun, and you end up with exactly what you want.
I have made a bunch of packs, some include RoC, but I kinda hoping someone knew of a fairly popular one I could find a server for. Mods are fun and all but once you have a nice house and stuff it is kinda boring if there isn't anyone to compete with.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
I have made a bunch of packs, some include RoC, but I kinda hoping someone knew of a fairly popular one I could find a server for. Mods are fun and all but once you have a nice house and stuff it is kinda boring if there isn't anyone to compete with.
There are few mainstream packs - none from teams like FTB - featuring any of my mods, and I would not be surprised if even many packs that include them on paper see them removed from a large fraction of the servers running them. Even Revolution servers often try (and just as often fail) to remove RC/CC.

S

Sniper16i

There are few mainstream packs - none from teams like FTB - featuring any of my mods, and I would not be surprised if even many packs that include them on paper see them removed from a large fraction of the servers running them. Even Revolution servers often try (and just as often fail) to remove RC/CC.

It really sucks that nobody sees how awesome RoC is, removing it is basically making your pack like all the others. If I didn't live 200 miles from a good enough internet connection I would run my own server, FTB should reconsider not making more kitchen sink packs with all the mods because those are the best IMO.