Buildcraft Energy routing?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

FrankieTheSnake

Jul 29, 2019
ThermalExpansion, or TE for short.
BuildCraft is Sengir (as is Forestry), the guy GregT named the planks after (because Sengir made fun of him that everything in his pack might as well be made from Nether Stars).

i'm sorry to say but the actual maker of builcraft is spacetoad but he left the mod to sengir a couple of months ago... (since then buildcraft isn't that laggy anymore) Sengir also helped a bit with TE

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
There are many coders/modders/developers for Buildcraft as it's completely open source, here look at the last changelog it should give most of you some ideas as to who changes/updates BuildCraft

BuildCraft 3.4.3 (Universal Binary)

- Added: Glass facades. (Krapht)
- Changed: Autarchic gates now always pulse at a single, fast rate. (cpw)
- Bugfix: Vines now marked as soft blocks. (CovertJaguar)
- Bugfix: Prevented crash if world gen is disabled. (CovertJaguar)
- Bugfix: Fixed NPE when liquid in tank has ceased to exist. (Krapht)
- Bugfix: Fixed /buildcraft not working in SSP. (viper283)
- Bugfix: Fixed tank filling. (CovertJaguar)
- Bugfix: Pipe items now registered with FML. (CovertJaguar)
- Bugfix: Version check now threaded. (Pahimar)
- Localization: Several updates to locations. (Contributors)

Hint: In the brackets at the end of each line.....

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
i'm sorry to say but the actual maker of builcraft is spacetoad but he left the mod to sengir a couple of months ago... (since then buildcraft isn't that laggy anymore) Sengir also helped a bit with TE

Sengir is one of the major maintainers of BuildCraft (there are a few) and the founder/primary dev of Forestry. His tab code, as it was introduced to BuildCraft, has been reused in Thermal Expansion. He has not, however, directly committed code to TE - he has enough on his plate.

TE has been done by myself (primarily, before 2.0), Zeldo (tons of code post 2.0), Cynycal (artist), and Chicken Bones who has assisted greatly with some outstanding issues, including rendering optimization and conduits on frames.

GreenWolf13

Jul 29, 2019
ThermalExpansion, or TE for short.

BuildCraft is Sengir and Krapht (as is Forestry), the guy GregT named the planks after (because Sengir made fun of him that everything in his pack might as well be made from Nether Stars).

He doesn't have a donation link on either his website, nor his minecraftforum.net thread.
Fixed that for you.

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
Haha. This thread has been very informative actually. Anyways if I can will my self, I might do some java work and see about working an idea for a mod ive had forever. Unfortunately if it does work out and becomes madly successful, I make no guarantees any other mods will survive with its awesomeness(Sorry King lemming, Your mod is awesome but nothing compares to this)

That requires me to want to pick up java again so there is a good chance all these other mods will live.

Lazyness and procrastination, the mother of invention... That doesn't sound right.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, thanks. :) Just a couple of questions - who was the first modder that was destroyed (Elo is fine), and who is this second great modder? It's not me, I'm just a guy with a hobby. You want a great modder, you're talking about a lot of the other people in the community. Speaking only of dedicated modders and not general coders (cpw, Searge, and Lex make this all possible and are all amazing), one of the first that comes to mind is Azanor - ThaumCraft is amazing and completely without equal.*

*Obviously my opinion, but it really is a complete mod, and the golems are adorable.

Don't sell yourself short King Lemming.. Thermal Expansion has changed my play style totally.. So thank you again for your hard work.. And yes Azanor with thaumcraft is pretty amazing..

I notice you do a lot of work in buildcraft too.. So its not just TE.. Anymore. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1360807850][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey, thanks. :) Just a couple of questions - who was the first modder that was destroyed (Elo is fine), and who is this second great modder? It's not me, I'm just a guy with a hobby. You want a great modder, you're talking about a lot of the other people in the community. Speaking only of dedicated modders and not general coders (cpw, Searge, and Lex make this all possible and are all amazing), one of the first that comes to mind is Azanor - ThaumCraft is amazing and completely without equal.*

*Obviously my opinion, but it really is a complete mod, and the golems are adorable.

He who shall not be named... Not sure if he was always that way.. Or maybe its just one of those things... (inflated head) Don't know.. But think wolves.[DOUBLEPOST=1360808051][/DOUBLEPOST]
I actually would say FTB proves the point. No matter how the mod pack is put together until you have a unified team writing the mods, you'll forever have the issues.

Your correct.. If you take all the mods today.. Download them without feed the beast.. Try to load themm... Its going to hurt.. Feed The Beast does more then just add mods.. They edit lots of stuff in config files to make the whole thing play nice.

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
Your correct.. If you take all the mods today.. Download them without feed the beast.. Try to load themm... Its going to hurt.. Feed The Beast does more then just add mods.. They edit lots of stuff in config files to make the whole thing play nice.

Well *cough* my mod idea is one of those that "Just Works"

I think I may be overselling my abilities a bit here but whos paying attention to the fine details anyways haha.

Though I tell you, my inspiration has come from terrafirmacraft, Buildcraft/Thermal Expansion/Forestry,IC²/gregtech/something else i'm sure of it, and of course, BTW

Anyways, the quarry is such an OP device.
Quarry + Full energy cell + Mystcraft + Dense Ore world = success? Anyways whats the chance of a Dense Ore world anyways? I have(had actually) like 200 books for mystcraft(until I started working Thalmcraft) Not that its a total waste, just takes up space in chest(to be used for research)
Also I found my volcano to dispose of that wire in. My game had crashed when I hit q HAHAHA. That wire really was cursed.

No I am crazy, thank you.

Reactions: GreenWolf13

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Good for you. I don't see the point though. If you already have a mod you want to play, why not let others enjoy it too?
Some develop to prove they can, some develop for their own enjoyment, and some develop in the hopes that what they create is enjoyed by at least some people.

I'm of the latter category, myself, lol. I'm sure, had I the time and inclination, I could at least do the code for a mod, even if I'm complete shite at graphics.

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
HAHA well I think somethings telling me to start over or build blast proof walls. Maybe also don't put your nuclear reactor above your warehouse.
there's probably 20,000-30,000 blocks on the ground. Client, set to minimum everything, still locked up. Needless to say, I had to kill my server(which was surprisingly running... if you could call that running)

Odd thing is, I was using this setup for the past week
http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyo...w0ifz4h54sowpbd7zwne6fb00c72cep6g3qcu8t2f7oqo

And actually, half the time its uranium instead of plutonium. I hadn't touched the reactors them selves at all for the past few hours and they had been on the whole time.

This makes redpower and energy routing moot now.

[edit]
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUFFFFFFFFFHHHHHHSSHHHHHHHHH

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
Can you get us a screenshot when all the entities have been removed by the game? I love nuclear reactor mishaps :)

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
I did cheat into creative mode and tried to save what I could into the diamond chests. I didn't get much though.

My thaumcraft and all my tools did survive since I died after the explosion so those items were still around.

Managed to save, things of use, macarator, 4-5 stacks of UU-matter, tons of copper, few other things.

http://southstormhosting.com/images/minecraftboom/

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I really feel sorry for you but it's a really funny story :) My reactor is sitting right under my main building so I hope that the XyCraft shields will hold :)

masshuu

Jul 29, 2019
Well lukley my books survived so my quary is functioning still. Except that I had just emptied the ore chests recently so theres not much in it now.[DOUBLEPOST=1360922826][/DOUBLEPOST]Hahaha I just realised I also saved like 5 or 6 stacks of xychorium bars so once I rebuild I will probably make use of those.