Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Problem is that the Spice of Life mod does not add any difficulty to the game for those that have been playing it properly. It just adds a time sink and inconvenience factor. Which I am ok with, but my opinion is that the new player grace period that you have set is a bit too harsh. I will get used to it, but I just wanted to state my experience and opinion on it ;)

It's a bit of a shock for an experienced BnB player. I can only imagine the shock from someone totally new to the pack :p

This is very true, but I'm not going to get it tested and balanced properly unless I put it into the world for people to rage at :D

After watching a few people play with SoL adding on to my own experience so far, I'm going to adjust this to 5 and 30. This will require 6 foods instead of 9 for rotation. Well, technically 7.

Smiley3986

Jul 29, 2019
First off Eyamaz great pack can't wait to see this in 1.7 so i can play on the extreme world gen setting with it.

Where is it listed in the configs what blocks mobs will break I think my goal of the pack is to make a large rail system.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
This is very true, but I'm not going to get it tested and balanced properly unless I put it into the world for people to rage at :D

After watching a few people play with SoL adding on to my own experience so far, I'm going to adjust this to 5 and 30. This will require 6 foods instead of 9 for rotation. Well, technically 7.

Thanks with the reply with a vision of future changes to come! I like giving feedback for mod packs that I really enjoy playing. I'll get used to it now and if it gets easier in the future then I will be well prepared :p

Take my "raging" or "complaining" with a grain of salt and more as good feedback ;) If I wanted the game easier, I would stop trying to play it in Hardcore mode :p where even the tiniest mistake or lapse in concentration means certain death!

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019

I'm a few days into my new hardcore ssp world, and enjoying the added difficulty of SoL. I'm still living entirely off of wild foods, but I'm having to take a bit more time to choose the right food to eat at the time, rather than just stuffing my face with whatever I find.

With mattocks being pre-smeltery, and knowing my food is soon going to be running out of variety my whole starting game priorities have changed. Rather than be hurrying to collect smeltery materials as fast as possible, I'm instead trying to surround a large enough area with a ditch/wall of dirt so that I can create a farm of the size I'll require before my food starts becoming worthless.

I was at first dubious about the lowering of the growth time multiplier, thinking that it would make farming a bit powerful. Now that I'm playing it, I've changed my mind. With mobs griefing farmland to add danger and SoL requiring we have a large variety of foods, it seems fine.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
So far, hasn't really been a problem starting out, just one more thing to keep track of, one more thing to kill you if you don't realize that your food is actually worthless to you :)

I like that it forces/gives a reason to have a lot of different foods. Too many people only do the straight line approach of whatever is easiest/most efficient

And sad to say, Dirtcreeper is no longer my favorite. DrowningCreeper is from a truly warped mind

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
yes. he already has a fix out. I may not get an update out right away to fix it though. I HAVE to get the FTB packs pushed first.
That's fine, we can somehow manage to be honorable and not cheat whilst its broken. You gotta prioritize. :p

Edit: Ever gonna take out the Highlands config file? That mod isn't exactly in the pack.

Edit Edit: Super sadface! Just saw that dirt creepers are disabled. :(

Last edited:

Ravin

Jul 29, 2019
when you get around to doing fixes, perhapse the tsteelworks fix for servercrashes when generating limestone with BoP would be nice to get in as well.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
when you get around to doing fixes, perhapse the tsteelworks fix for servercrashes when generating limestone with BoP would be nice to get in as well.

Are you switching terrain gen to BIOMESOP? Don't, BoP generate on default settings. BoP generation breaks gases, caves, and a gist of other issues I can't get fixes for at this point.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm, what's the point of high oven steel when nether ores has "B:eek:reSteel.Disable=false"?

to mass produce it? once I actually get to redefining some things, all of AE is going to require steel instead of iron. this will probably come with the loot overhauls, but...

1.1.1 is currently being uploaded.

fixes broken recipes
updates SoL to fix Harvestcraft issues
changes SoL to 5/30 instead of 4/36

the overhauls scheduled for 1.1.1 are now pushed to 1.1.2 unless another derp :p

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Well, that was several fun hours of death, and listening to other people die. First night on a server with this much death is awesome. Was nice seeing some of the new mobs.

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of things i noticed:
-Diamond Dollies not taken out? They can really make some things, espeically bloodmagic, very easy to do.
-Juices were going to 0% but continuing to heal/feed

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
A couple of things i noticed:
-Diamond Dollies not taken out? They can really make some things, espeically bloodmagic, very easy to do.
-Juices were going to 0% but continuing to heal/feed

Update should fix number 2. Number 1 not fixed yet FailFish

Ravin

Jul 29, 2019
Are you switching terrain gen to BIOMESOP? Don't, BoP generate on default settings. BoP generation breaks gases, caves, and a gist of other issues I can't get fixes for at this point.
was that said somewhere else and i missed it?
the overhaul you mentioned for 1.1.2, is it going to be an overhaul that will require a world reset?

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
That Spice of life thing is just plain evil.[DOUBLEPOST=1401282418][/DOUBLEPOST]Food was harsh before when the Watering can was still available, now its just stupid. You force us either to spend 90% of the day for about a week to get food or just start on a diff server if the biome is a bad spawn. Imo the watering can needs to be enabled back with its vanilla recipe.

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
That Spice of life thing is just plain evil.[DOUBLEPOST=1401282418][/DOUBLEPOST]Food was harsh before when the Watering can was still available, now its just stupid. You force us either to spend 90% of the day for about a week to get food or just start on a diff server if the biome is a bad spawn. Imo the watering can needs to be enabled back with its vanilla recipe.

Watering can is OP, you need to work hard to deserve such thing :) for time being simply die hard with half of inventory full of food watching at your farm which you can start early:)

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Wow those "mini" mobs are a special kind of evil :p
No longer are you safe having a 1 block hole in your base to look out of or hit mobs from. I had a mini "baby" creeper come through my viewing hole in the middle of the night and blew up on me. Did not kill me but made a hole in the wall big enough to let the horde of mobs into my base and finish me off. I had just gotten enough materials to move out of my underground base and start my sky base too :p
Oh well, next world here I come ;)

What do some of these new mob types do. I saw drowning, splitting and dark in the config. I am assuming dark blinds you, but does the drowning work like the ocean mobs that attach weights to you? What the heck does splitting mean? God I hope that doesn't mean they spawn 2 upon death o_O