Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

bombsack4

Jul 29, 2019
the mini creepers are an unpleasant addition...[DOUBLEPOST=1401210933][/DOUBLEPOST]u cant make swords in the beginning til u can make a smeltery- but u can make flint knives

I made a flint knife thanks for the help.[DOUBLEPOST=1401211490][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm kind of new to this mod pack like I said earlier. While I was mining I got slowness and mining fatigue and I couldn't figure out why

ScorpioOld

Jul 29, 2019
I must admit atm with zombies breaking trapdoors and punji sticks im rather stumped on how to defend myself yikes

I guess this is the real and absolute end for the hardcore mode. Punji sticks were the only source of food and resources for beginning of the game.

Also those are fantastic changes. Most of the time we will see either stone or the most beloved monsters aka Silverfish.

• CoFH Core
    • Disabled Item Pickup Module
    • Completely reworked Oregen
      • Most ores have decreased in Cluster Size
      • Most ores now spawn deeper
      • Most Ores have less clusters
  • Deadly World
    • Increased lava vein count
    • Increased Silverfish vein count, minimum heigh and loweresd the size
      Highlight the text in this next bullet point to see this somewhat major yet spoilerish change

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
To be fair, meteorcraft made it kinda easy to get your hands on some of the nether and end ores that were supposed to be hard to get.

no, happy it's gone. It took away from a main game mechanic: mining, and made some things like platinum too plentiful. And made a horrible mess of the landscape. Glad it's gone.

I mean't i was surprised that i got an error about missing a code from a mod that was taken out of the pack.

potop999

Jul 29, 2019
I guess this is the real and absolute end for the hardcore mode. Punji sticks were the only source of food and resources for beginning of the game.

Also those are fantastic changes. Most of the time we will see either stone or the most beloved monsters aka Silverfish.

• CoFH Core
    • Disabled Item Pickup Module
    • Completely reworked Oregen
      • Most ores have decreased in Cluster Size
      • Most ores now spawn deeper
      • Most Ores have less clusters
  • Deadly World
    • Increased lava vein count
    • Increased Silverfish vein count, minimum heigh and loweresd the size
      Highlight the text in this next bullet point to see this somewhat major yet spoilerish change

Silverfish do spawn more and their blocks now break as fast as any block would. Which makes it impossible to distinguish them from normal stones. But they now are always 8 hp instead of varying up to 28 hp so I actually like them alot better now.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I was saying about surviving first and next couple subsequent nights. The main use of Punji sticks was to reduce headcount of mobs before day light.
They still do this. From our experience mobs rarely break our punji sticks. We think this is because they are typically only encountering the punjis when they're pathing to us and will not start passive greifing when targeting a player. We are on episode 6 of our lets play series about to head to the nether and have only had to repair the punji's once or maybe twice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyamaz

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Blarg, question for you. I assume you guys have upgraded the server? I went to log in on break, (since Dez and I haven't synched up yet to redo ours. Stupid NZ/US time difference. Wake up Dez, it's only 4am! :) and got errors for the following blocks: HEE 3573, 27018 27012 3584 and meterocraft 1788.

Any idea what that is from?
We haven't updated yet. It came out while I was sleeping and the owner was staying up late, so it's only just now that we are both awake to do the update. :p

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
Blarg, question for you. I assume you guys have upgraded the server? I went to log in on break, (since Dez and I haven't synched up yet to redo ours. Stupid NZ/US time difference. Wake up Dez, it's only 4am! :) and got errors for the following blocks: HEE 3573, 27018 27012 3584 and meterocraft 1788.

Any idea what that is from?
im up im up or my body is up its to cold.......

Bl@ckHole

Jul 29, 2019
Since the 1.1.0 update, because of steelwork, the flint and steel require steel to craft, but you cannot obtain steel before going to the nether, and I haven't found any other convenient way to light the portal. What am I missing here ?

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Since the 1.1.0 update, because of steelwork, the flint and steel require steel to craft, but you cannot obtain steel before going to the nether, and I haven't found any other convenient way to light the portal. What am I missing here ?

This is a trick from many plays of gregtech. You need to use lava to start a block of wood on fire to open the first portal.

Bl@ckHole

Jul 29, 2019
This is a trick from many plays of gregtech. You need to use lava to start a block of wood on fire to open the first portal.
Tried that first, my block of wood has been sitting near burning lava for almost 30 min now and still hasn't caught fire >.< Guess I'm not lucky.

Dezil_nz

Jul 29, 2019
I'm both at the same time! Hurray for Canada and being slightly sick.

PS: Lemme know when your server is updated and running.
i updated it last night and had no issues except for the 3rd time i deletd my permission file :p so....

just redoing that and seting up a database for our land claimning mod (MyTown)

and mik is doing a simple spawn

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
You know whats funny as hell?

Watching a zombie spend 15 minutes trying to break a piece of glowing obsidian, get halfway done, and burn up as dawn hits. He was such an obsessed little chap, waving his arms in the air :)

Reactions: Anesos and Dezil_nz

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
You can make steel in the high oven. In fact, we just did that in today's episode of the A B Si Show. :)

(You could also try lava or ember charges or maybe a couple of other ways...)[DOUBLEPOST=1401229255][/DOUBLEPOST]
You know whats funny as hell?

Watching a zombie spend 15 minutes trying to break a piece of glowing obsidian, get halfway done, and burn up as dawn hits. He was such an obsessed little chap, waving his arms in the air :)
In a test world, I was watching a zombie beat on iron bars for a while and get nowhere fast. Then his buddy the creeper walked up beside him and said, "Ssssay buddy. Let me help you with that!" BOOM! :)