biomes o plenty vs extrabiomes xl

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
In the developers FAQ, it says that the biome ids for BOP and TF overlap, so you have to change TF's biome ids

edit- ninja'ed by golrith xP

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, i tried that one. Still had it trying to generate the TF biomes. Might give it another try though.

Nope, getting this error: error.jpg
I got the BoP biomes at 100 and below with TF going form 101 up. Did i miss something? :eek:

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Attached is my TF config file (renamed to .txt to upload)

Attachments

• TwilightForest.TXT
    4.1 KB · Views: 92

YellowMiner

Jul 29, 2019
I've installed BOP and changed the ids, and it seems that BOP and EBXL can work really fine together. So, why choose? we can have both.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I've installed BOP and changed the ids, and it seems that BOP and EBXL can work really fine together. So, why choose? we can have both.

Don't you need to change the world gen mode from default to BIOMESOP? And when you do that, doesn't it STOP generating EBXL? And even if it doesn't, the only thing I can think of that you're losing is an easier source of saltpeter from Gregtech.

Why would you ever want both? BoP installs basically every interesting biome that EBXL does, with the exception of wastelands (which it has a different take on).

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
Why have both biome mods, when they have a lot of biomes in common?
More biomes means that each individual biome is so much rarer too, so good luck finding what you want, like a witch hut, or a specific biome (vanilla or not).

cheechako

Jul 29, 2019
I prefer BOP too. I added 100 to the TF biomes, but had to change some BOP IDs in the 3900-4000 range I think because of BC. I disable a few biomes, but I don't think as many as I did with EXBL.

And while these mods have biomes in common, there is just a different feel to the BOP variants, which is why I prefer it. So, for me, I don't stress about making it work with EXBL.

However, I wouldn't use BOP were it not for Sphax support.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I prefer BOP too. I added 100 to the TF biomes, but had to change some BOP IDs in the 3900-4000 range I think because of BC. I disable a few biomes, but I don't think as many as I did with EXBL.

And while these mods have biomes in common, there is just a different feel to the BOP variants, which is why I prefer it. So, for me, I don't stress about making it work with EXBL.

Have to agree there. I only disabled two biomes in BOP (Garden and Origin) compared to a large number in EXBL. I also had edit some BoP item IDs. When looking at what I could do with Mud, apparently cooking it turns it into Void tears...

BoP biomes add more small details, like Moss on trees (and sometimes in Villages), Algae in swamps, double block height grass, etc.

As to textures, I've made my own to work with Misa's default texture pack. Really like how Misa included an Alternates texture file of unused resources - they've been really useful for mods.

snake2332

Jul 29, 2019

I combined some textures from the partial Sphax & Soartex packs, and recolored some of them. I think there are still maybe 20% of the textures that are low-res 16x, but the rest are 64x. Pretty happy with the results. I use Soartex textures for everything, but sometimes I grab some Sphax for items that Soartex doesn't cover. I get tired of the sphax cartoony look, so I'm glad that Soartex is another well-supported option.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Same here. I use Sphax if there is nothing else available. I use Misa and Battered Old Stuff as my foundation (like you and Soartex) with T42, Sphax and my own efforts to fill the gaps.

Just noticed another ID conflict last night. Went to craft some copper gears for a peat fired engine. Needed a Fir Wooden block. Err, don't think that's right. Used NEI to get me some blocks, will need to investigate tonight.

lw_spartan

Jul 29, 2019
Wooo, I'm glad I found this thread. I'm enjoying BoP way more than EBXL, although I found installing this in the Direwolf20 pack required ExtraBee's to be disabled, not sure why.

earlbrownie

Jul 29, 2019
Right I've found what mods are the problems:
steves carts blocks
extra bees blocks
some nuclear control blocks
IC2 rubber tree things (saplings and wood blocks
tinkers conruct stone ore
(a stained glass block (not sure which mod))
something BCore,BCmachine and copper wire
----------------------------------------------------
there is a way to solve this by putting all of the mismatched ID's between 3887 and 3949 (as BoP starts Id's at 3950)
hope this helps
get NEI to create an ID dump if needs be

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
You can enable the biome o plenty biomes in the default world generation. Biome size and village spawn distance settings might not work then though. Other then that it should generate both XBXL and BOP.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I play with BOP in my custom modpack for my Let's Play, and I use XBXL for FTB. I find FTB fits better with XBXL for some reason, and adventures are more BOP friendly. I tend to barely explore in FTB (since you can only find temples, wells, villages, and vanilla/tc3 dungeons). My modpack is based around adventuring so BOP fits more, also BOP adds way more biomes, and apple trees! Overall, both are equally great, and I love both. Try both of them out and see which one you like better, if at all.