LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
I did it guys.

Character Sheet:

Name: Gardenia Pirosé

Affiliation: Magnus Institute

Appearance(Image, description or both): To be drawn (Yes, I’m drawing it myself)

Personality:

Timid at heart, she appears reluctant to join the fight against the Partition, saying, “It’s a guys thing, they’ll do the work for me”. Arrogant, (and not very smart), she believes she will climb to the top of the corporate ladder in no time flat. She has never learnt about hacking, since she believes that the Magnus’ security is “so secure no one is smart enough to break it”. She is loyal to the Magnus, considering her parents are senior members of the Institute. She is energetic and is liked by many supporters of the Institute.

Backstory(at least one paragraph):

The only child of senior members of the Magnus Institute, she had no experience and knowledge outside of the Institute. Her favourite reading material being Magnus propaganda and her parents’ transcripts, she is no doubt loyal to the Institute. All along her childhood she has participated in the speeches made by her parents, and her bubbly character has brought many moments of light-heartedness to supposedly serious speeches. As such, she is well liked by the residents of Magnus, and would want her to follow in her parents’ footsteps.

Stats(25 total):
Power: 3
Precision: 5
Durability: 2
Health: 3
Agility: 5
Hack: 0
Firewall: 7

Abilities:

Sneak Exit: When Health is down to 1 (Jesus Christ you guys are picky), there is an x% chance (x = Agility level * 8, caps at 50%) for her to escape and regain her health back to 3.

David to Goliath: When confronted with an enemy with a Power level at least twice as large as hers, she will use her nimble movement speeds to confuse her enemy and drop their Power level down to equal her own Power level. Has a 1/Agility level chance to fail.

Piercing Strike: When an enemy’s Health is at 1, and/or Durability is lower than hers, and her Precision level is greater than her enemy’s, she will use her dagger to pierce her enemy, increasing her Power level by 2.

Equipment:

A pair of pocket knives that has been polished and sharpened, and a sharp silver dagger around her neck as a necklace.

Code:
Changelog
---------------------
v1.0.0 Added name, age, affiliation, personality, back story, stats, abilities, and equipment to character sheet. Added appearance as WIP.

v1.0.1 Rebalanced stats.

v1.0.2 Major rebalancing of stats.

v1.0.3 Added a maximum chance to succeed for ability Sneak Exit.

v1.0.4 Lowered chance to succeed multiplier of ability Sneak Exit from 10 to 8, because I like math.
This is where I got to in the thread and I just noticed, your David Goliath ability has a LOWER chance of succeeding if your agility is high.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This is where I got to in the thread and I just noticed, your David Goliath ability has a LOWER chance of succeeding if your agility is high.
No, it has a lower chance of failing if his character's agility is high. If agility=2, it has a 1 in 2 = 50% chance of failing. If agility = 4, there's a 1 in 4 = 25% chance of failure. That one did trip me up a bit the first time or two I read it as well.

Although really, RJS will probably implement his own methods of implementing sgbros' abilities that's more in line with how combat will work in the actual RP. We'll have to wait and find out.

(and by the way, I'm just going to spectate this.)

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Character Sheet:

Name:
Weave (Dan Tuite)
Affiliation:
Institute
Appearance (Image, description or both):
uploadfromtaptalk1447625194130.jpeg

Personality:
Dan has ADHD. His doctor told him he needs to take weird pills to help him stay focused. His parents told him to stop fiddling. He told them he was focused, he just couldn't focus on what he needed to. He is a good-hearted and funny young man, just don't give him anything you don't want deassembled and experimented with. He has an obsession with the way things work, and when he was gifted a laptop for his seventh birthday, he changed instantly to a boy focused on weaving the hacking world to benefit what he sees as right.
Backstory (at least one paragraph):
[WIP]
Stats (25 total):
Power: 1
Precision: 2
Durability: 1
Health: 1
Agility: 2
Hack: 9
Firewall: 9

Abilities:

Weave - Dan's programming is difficult to understand for the logical minds of mature adults. His woven firewall protects him from cyberattacks: Firewall stat takes damage instead of health from hack damage.

Optimal Strategy calculation - Dan runs a program which calculates the optimal way to complete a task and uploads it to the soldier's retinal implant: Has a 75% chance to add 5 points randomly spread between durability, power and agility to the soldier for a turn, has a 20% chance to do nothing, and a 5% chance to take away the 5 points.

Cyberwarfare - Dan does quick offensive or defensive programming to disable opponents and protect himself: Can either repair his firewall by a D(x/2) or lower the enemies firewall by a D(x/3) where x is his hack stat. If the enemy firewall is reduced to zero he can instead deal the damage to health or have a 50% chance of disabling one of their implants for five turns.

Equipment:

A powerful laptop and admin allowance.

An armored sentry/minigun that he pilots should they be invaded. It won't work against an actual soldier without help though.

DAN IS NOW 15 AGAIN. I HAVE ROLLED BACK HIS STORY TO THAT POINT.

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Character Sheet:

Name:
Weave (Dan Tuite)
Affiliation:
Institute
View attachment 24578 just a hacker using an ipad. Nothing to see here.
Personality
:
Dan has ADHD. His doctor told him he needs to take weird pills to help him stay focused. His parents told him to stop fiddling. He told them he was focused, he just couldn't focus on what he needed to. He is a good-hearted and funny young man, just don't give him anything you don't want deassembled and experimented with. He has an obsession with the way things work, and when he was gifted a laptop for his seventh birthday, he changed instantly to a boy focused on weaving the hacking world to benefit what he sees as right.doesn't the institute give him doubts then? Seeing this disagreed out would be nice.
Backstory
(at least one paragraph):
Diagnosed with ADHD by his implant at the age of three, Dan loved to take things apart to see how they worked. His parents, however, did not. So it's no surprise that the laptop Dan received for his seventh birthday was thoroughly un-openable. Luckily, Dan didn't need to take it apart anymore, he could take apart the virtual world. He weaved the programming of hacking in a way that older people more set in their rules of programming found it difficult to understand. One time, while hacking, he was tricked into giving control of a squadron of drones to someone named spider.WHO COULD IT BE?!?! The drones were recaptured but not before significant damage was dealt to the institute's pride. They approached Dan and gave him the option to join them and boost their military with his hacking, or to be put in prison on charges of humiliating the government. Of course, the law was completely made up, made up or not, they could do it. They can be dicks like that.but 15 year old Dan was pretty damn scared of being put in jail, because he didn't dare imagine what his parents would say if they found out he'd been sent to jail.

He joined the institute's Out of Combat (OOC) thus it's going to get confusingand was shocked by the rigidity of the programming. No wonder people found windows in, you could pretty much knock the door down with that kind of programming! He weaved new improved programs for the OOC and increased the effectiveness of the OOC by 2x! He was quickly promoted to the most senior member of the OOC and was granted access to all except the institute's best kept secrets. Not that they could be kept if he actually caredit'd he tries to do the right thing using his hacking, as you say, why doesn't he care?He was granted access to soldier's views and was able to run programs based on their surroundings and display their results directly to the eyes of the soldier. He seems completely determined in his job to help the soldiers, but if you watch his screen, dead people strangely disappear rather than showing them dying...what?
Stats
(25 total):
Durability: 1 well this guy's fucked in any combat whatsoever

Abilities:

Weave - Dan's programming is difficult to understand for the logical minds of mature adults. His woven firewall protects him from cyberattacks: Hack and Firewall count as double against enemies over the age of 30. That's... I don't even... just... no...Firewall stat takes damage instead of health from hack damage.I count two abilitIes here

Optimal Strategy calculation - Dan runs a program which calculates the optimal way to complete a task and uploads it to the soldier's retinal implant: Has a 75% chance to add 5 points randomly spread between durability, power and agility to the soldier for a turn, has a 20% chance to do nothing, and a 5% chance is this necessary? to take away the 5 points.

Cyberwarfare - Dan does quick offensive or defensive programming to disable opponents and protect himself: Can either repair his firewall by a Dx/2 See belowor lower the enemies firewall by a Dx/3 where x is his hack stat. If the enemy firewall is reduced to zero he can instead deal the damage to health or have a 50% chance of disabling one of their implants for five turns.again, that is two abilities not one.

Equipment:

An armored sentry/minigun that he pilots should they be invaded. It won't work against an actual soldier without help though.
(Look within the quote first)
Let's say he has a d6 for his d value. If he rolls one, he gets an extra 4.5 in the firewall. If he rolls a six, then he gets 27 points. See the problem? Same goes for the other one too, and why would an offense scale off of firewall?

Reactions: Eruantien

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
A more generalized critique: I like the idea of a mastermind character, but you have to remember that our characters start as beginners, not masters. While it's RJS' call, you probably shouldn't start as a team leader who knows (almost) all of the secrets at day one; that's something to work up to. The journey, not the destination.

Also, there's both a sniper and an assassin character on the other side, so you might want to allocate a few more points to health and durability.

Reactions: Eruantien

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I feel so left out now :c
I mentioned those two specifically because their builds imply sniper and assassin classes, both of which are known for bypassing protection to kill squishy opponents. On another note, the sides finally look even from a player standpoint!

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
(Look within the quote first)
Let's say he has a d6 for his d value. If he rolls one, he gets an extra 4.5 in the firewall. If he rolls a six, then he gets 27 points. See the problem? Same goes for the other one too, and why would an offense scale off of firewall?
Where does it say it counts off of firewall...? Let me express that properly D(x/3) and D(x/2) (x/2 and x/3 round down to nearest 1.) Note that Cyberwarfare is just my equivalent of ATTACKING because I can't attack. Also, I instantly die if someone destroys my firewall pretty much. However, while the first half of weave makes sense, I think it's definitely too strong, I did make this sheet late at night, so I will remove it.

For luma, would it make sense if I wound my character back to 15 when he'd just been taken a few weeks ago?

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Character Sheet:

Name:
Weave (Dan Tuite)
Affiliation:
Institute
View attachment 24578
Personality:
Dan has ADHD. His doctor told him he needs to take weird pills to help him stay focused. His parents told him to stop fiddling. He told them he was focused, he just couldn't focus on what he needed to. He is a good-hearted and funny young man, just don't give him anything you don't want deassembled and experimented with. He has an obsession with the way things work, and when he was gifted a laptop for his seventh birthday, he changed instantly to a boy focused on weaving the hacking world to benefit what he sees as right.
Backstory (at least one paragraph):
Diagnosed with ADHD by his implant at the age of three, Dan loved to take things apart to see how they worked. His parents, however, did not. So it's no surprise that the laptop Dan received for his seventh birthday was thoroughly un-openable. Luckily, Dan didn't need to take it apart anymore, he could take apart the virtual world. He weaved the programming of hacking in a way that older people more set in their rules of programming found it difficult to understand. One time, while hacking, he was tricked into giving control of a squadron of drones to someone named spider. The drones were recaptured but not before significant damage was dealt to the institute's pride. They approached Dan and gave him the option to join them and boost their military with his hacking, or to be put in prison on charges of humiliating the government. Of course, the law was completely made up, but 15 year old Dan was pretty damn scared of being put in jail, because he didn't dare imagine what his parents would say if they found out he'd been sent to jail.

He joined the institute's Out of Combat (OOC) and was shocked by the rigidity of the programming. No wonder people found windows in, you could pretty much knock the door down with that kind of programming! He weaved new improved programs for the OOC and increased the effectiveness of the OOC by 2x! He was quickly promoted to the most senior member of the OOC and was granted access to all except the institute's best kept secrets. Not that they could be kept if he actually cared. He was granted access to soldier's views and was able to run programs based on their surroundings and display their results directly to the eyes of the soldier. He seems completely determined in his job to help the soldiers, but if you watch his screen, dead people strangely disappear rather than showing them dying...
Stats (25 total):
Durability: 1

Abilities:

Weave - Dan's programming is difficult to understand for the logical minds of mature adults. His woven firewall protects him from cyberattacks: Firewall stat takes damage instead of health from hack damage.

Optimal Strategy calculation - Dan runs a program which calculates the optimal way to complete a task and uploads it to the soldier's retinal implant: Has a 75% chance to add 5 points randomly spread between durability, power and agility to the soldier for a turn, has a 20% chance to do nothing, and a 5% chance to take away the 5 points.

Cyberwarfare - Dan does quick offensive or defensive programming to disable opponents and protect himself: Can either repair his firewall by a Dx/2 or lower the enemies firewall by a Dx/3 where x is his hack stat. If the enemy firewall is reduced to zero he can instead deal the damage to health or have a 50% chance of disabling one of their implants for five turns.

Equipment:

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
Also, there's both a sniper and an assassin character on the other side, so you might want to allocate a few more points to health and durability.

Yes, they're going to slip into the HQ of the Institute, get past all the mechanical and human defenses, specifically seek out Dan, take down his own installed defenses in the network, and kill him. LOGIC.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Where does it say it counts off of firewall...? Let me express that properly D(x/3) and D(x/2) (x/2 and x/3 round down to nearest 1.) Note that Cyberwarfare is just my equivalent of ATTACKING because I can't attack. Also, I instantly die if someone destroys my firewall pretty much. However, while the first half of weave makes sense, I think it's definitely too strong, I did make this sheet late at night, so I will remove it.

For luma, would it make sense if I wound my character back to 15 when he'd just been taken a few weeks ago?
Woops, yeah. But the point still stands, if cyber warfare succeeds, then it is hugely powerful and basically wins for him.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
His ability to destroy a firewall is represented as dx/3, d being a d6 roll(I presume), and x being his hack stat of 9.
So let's go through what happens on each roll:
1: 3 firewall damage
2: 6 firewall damage
3: 9 firewall damage
4: 12 firewall damage
5: 15 firewall damage
6: 18 firewall damage

Just consider this for a moment. The highest firewall stat belongs to Karl Marquese, a COMMANDER, pretty much the most powerful kind of bastard around for most of the RP. His firewall is 10, and it doesn't seem like your attack factors in durability when you start damaging health.
You have a 1/2 chance to COMPLETELY destroy his firewall, and do a fair amount of damage to his health of 7.
You have a 1/6 chance to kill him in a single shot.
You have (after a bit of maths) a 13/18 chance to kill him in two shots, 17/18 if you include the likelihood of one-shotting him.
This is of course not factoring in chances of missing or such, but the very fact that there's even a remote possibility of hurting him THAT badly screams of over-powered.

@RJS where are you when I need you? XD

LivingAngryCheese

Over-Achiever
Aug 22, 2014
A place
His ability to destroy a firewall is represented as dx/3, d being a d6 roll(I presume), and x being his hack stat of 9.
So let's go through what happens on each roll:
1: 3 firewall damage
2: 6 firewall damage
3: 9 firewall damage
4: 12 firewall damage
5: 15 firewall damage
6: 18 firewall damage

Just consider this for a moment. The highest firewall stat belongs to Karl Marquese, a COMMANDER, pretty much the most powerful kind of bastard around for most of the RP. His firewall is 10, and it doesn't seem like your attack factors in durability when you start damaging health.
You have a 1/2 chance to COMPLETELY destroy his firewall, and do a fair amount of damage to his health of 7.
You have a 1/6 chance to kill him in a single shot.
You have (after a bit of maths) a 13/18 chance to kill him in two shots, 17/18 if you include the likelihood of one-shotting him.
This is of course not factoring in chances of missing or such, but the very fact that there's even a remote possibility of hurting him THAT badly screams of over-powered.

@RJS where are you when I need you? XD
Ugh let me explain this even better. He doesn't role a D6. Otherwise I would have said D6x/3 or whatever. He rolls a virtual dice with that many sides, so a D3. So no, I think it's pretty fine.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
That would probably be better, yes.

Ugh let me explain this even better. He doesn't role a D6. Otherwise I would have said D6x/3 or whatever. He rolls a virtual dice with that many sides, so a D3. So no, I think it's pretty fine.
Haha, I find this mathematical error hilarious; if I understand correctly, it should be pretty balanced, well done. This is what you're looking for though: d(x/3) = firewall reduction with x being Weave's hack stat.

EDIT: Wow, I screwed it up too. Fixed it, hopefully no one saw that.

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
SO then you have a 1/3 chance to almost entirely destroy his firewall, then a 1/9 chance to kill him in two shots. GG.