Beneath the Neon Stars - Signup and Out Of Character {MATURE CONTENT}

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
lmao, you two must set rooms on fire when you meet physically.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Right, first off, I think I need to make a clarification here:
Hack is not an ability. Hack is not something you can use a turn to do. Hack is a thematic name for what would, in a fantasy RP, be your magical/arcane power. In order to make use of the Hack stat, you need to have an ability that scales off of it.

@the_j485 OK, Abilities breakdown.
FMJ I can roll with, but I will probably implement it as a for that one attack only certain reduction in durability, with a one turn cooldown.
Retinal Augmentation will end up getting switched from a probability to some sort of additional roll vs Durability or Agility.
Stealth: you mention from Stealth. How does he stealth? He has no stealthing abilities.
Scout drone: Other than catching someone behind you doing something, how is this useful?

@lenscas form/deform is my only real concern here. If the creature is materialised, does it fight in place of or in addition to Wyatt. The latter is going to make you kind of unbalanced, with fights becoming an instant 2v1. What stats does the creature have when fighting?

@dylanpiera Shadow Step: Bonuses/buffs will I assume be applied on the turn after stealthing, not on the turn you stealth. Crit chance is not a thing in this RP but I will implement something statwise to reflect increased damage.

@Eruantien - you're sitting pretty buddy

Reactions: LivingAngryCheese

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
@lenscas form/deform is my only real concern here. If the creature is materialised, does it fight in place of or in addition to Wyatt. The latter is going to make you kind of unbalanced, with fights becoming an instant 2v1. What stats does the creature have when fighting?
When I made it I already thought about the fact that it might be unbalanced if it became a 2v1. My solution in my head would to just let it increase other stats however I wanted other opinions of the ability before really finishing it.
Some thought I had:

Make it indeed a 2v1 but damage going to the creature also going to Wyatt as hack damage. (If I interpreted the hack thing correctly now together with the firewall :p)
Another 2v1 however instead of damage always going to Wyatt only when the creature dies/deforms
Just increase Wyatts stats (most boring one but easiest to balance. Making me to have to choose between hack/firewall vs power/durability)

If it becomes one of the possible 2v1's I was thinking of letting the creature's stats scale with Wyatts hack but with diminishing returns in case someone decides to make a char that can buff hack stats to oblivion :p

RJS

Jul 29, 2019
Name: Raptus Omega

Affiliation: Partition

Appearance:
cyberpunk_by_WadyYeti.jpg

Personality:
Raptus kills with a psychopathic glee. Following his uploading, he shows a reckless disregard for death, attacking in the full knowledge that if his shell doesn't save him, his brain is still most likely recoverable. Anyone who strays into the warzone is fair game to this deranged cyborg.

Backstory:
Raptus was once Roger Ombun, a technological engineer plying his trade in the undercity. He was a wizard at making advanced technology work, sifting through Institute scrap to repurpose equipment that he later sold on. He even got a cyberbrain fully functional, though its memory was wiped. As his success grew, he got more daring and began to disable Institute droids, seeking to make an improved version from their scrap. Of course, it wasn't long before the Institute sniffed him out. With the droids bearing down on him, Roger uploaded his brain into the cyberbrain, which he had hastily installed in the droid he had been building. A desperate act which had unforseen consequences, as bugs and code fragments distorted the encoded patterns. Rather than lying down placidly as he had originally planned, Roger burst through the doors and smashed the droids to pieces. Revelling in the looks of fear from those around, he chased a couple down, laughing at how easily their frail fleshy bodies broke. Renaming himself in a bid to increase the terror he generated, he went on a rampage, slaughtering indiscriminately, until he was stopped by Spider. Spider managed to clear a bit of the malformed code out, but the rest was too tightly entwined with the rest to remove. Raptus, though calmer, still attacks neutrals and enemies indiscriminately. The only change is that he (mostly) no longer attacks his allies.

Stats
(25 total):
Power: 7
Precision: 7
Durability: 5
Health: 2
Agility: 7
Hack: 2
Firewall: 5

Abilities:

Blood Rush: Every time Raptus deals damage to an opponent, he gains 1 Precision and Agility for the next turn.

Rend (Scales with Power): A vicious melee attack that may cause bleeding (-1HP next turn)

Wounded Beast: If Raptus takes damage, he will target only the person who wounded him until either of them dies

Equipment:
2x IN-PM4, machine pistols, repurposed
2x wrist-mounted blades

Theme Song:

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
One more question, and that is, how will damage be decided for a gunshot? Obviously a gun such as Syderis' will be far more powerful than a pistol or whatever. I'll probably be wanting to lessen power on Sy...

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Name: INA (Independent Neural Application)

Affiliation: Magus Institute

Appearance: A metal sphere encasing a powerful computer dedicated to running INA. Her Socialite shell was made to resemble an 18-year-old human girl as closely as possible and, at a great distance, one might mistake it for such. However, a decent look reveals skin and hair made of a strong but stretchy plastic that, while convincing looking, reflects light too generously. The plastic representing clothes mesh as part of the body itself and the blue eyes are bright in the literal sense that they self-illuminate.

Personality: INA is a sentient computer program with a simulated human mind. Surprising to most, INA has emotions similar to most humans, but has trouble showing them properly. Even while controlling a more socially capable shell, she displays very dry speech patterns and expressions. INA tends to regard most humans as 'cute' with their inefficient habits and traditions. Even so, she seems to treat people as if they were a combination of a pet and a perfect being.

Backstory: There are those with an interest in artificial intelligence and then there are those with an obsession. After the 10th failed attempt at creating a sentient, human AI, the more obsessed types split from what was considered to be the greatest gathering of scientific minds. This group made a vow among themselves to do whatever was necessary in the name of progress, as they began to work in secret. An abandoned baby girl was 'borrowed' from the Undercity and it seemed possible to quickly simulate a brain into adulthood if the virtual setting was simple enough. Then came the scanning. Many adults had fallen gravely ill from this, now illegal, neural scanner. Shortly after the scanning process had completed, the infant passed away. During the following 9-month simulation, INA lived the equivalent of 18 years in a featureless environment, raised and taught by a simple program. Occasionally, she would receive tidbits of real world information. After the simulation had completed, she was finally inserted into a prototype shell made to look as much as possible like the child would've at 18. While INA's personality didn't match expectations exactly, she was still considered a success. Showing pride and excitement in their creation, these scientists threw caution to the wind while rumors began to spread. Eventually the Magus Institute was able to identify and locate them, executing the group for breaking multiple rules. INA was eventually given citizenship on the grounds that her program was running an actual human mind. Her first choice as a citizen was to join the Magus Institute to protect lives, believing, perhaps wrongly, that the Partition is a mindless group of humans following some twisted custom.

Stats:
Power: 4
Precision: 4
Durability: 4
Health: 5
Agility: 4
Hack: 1
Firewall: 4

Precision Tweaking: INA hacks into an ally's brain to adjust their aim, giving them a +2 boost to Precision for one turn. 2 turn cooldown.

Levitation: Thrusters activate allowing INA to levitate. While levitating, INA receives +5 Agility, but cannot attack. 2 turn cooldown following deactivation.

Redirect Power: INA reallocates all of her base stats (except health). If used during battle, it must be used as INA's action and 3 stat points are lost each time this ability is used until the end of the battle. Can only be used once every 4 turns.

Equipment: Shell integrated mini-laser, thrusters, and INA's core

Name: Ina
Affiliation: None (potentially Partition as an extension of Leopold Cinder)

Appearance:
I may just try and draw this later, but for now, here's the description:
A metal sphere encasing a powerful computer dedicated to running her mind. Her Socialite shell was made to resemble an 18-year-old human girl as closely as possible and, at a great distance, one might mistake it for such. However, a decent look reveals skin and hair made of a strong but stretchy plastic that, while convincing looking, reflects light too generously. The plastic representing clothes mesh as part of the body itself and the blue eyes are bright in the literal sense that they self-illuminate.

Personality:
Having spent much of the 2 months developing her own personality, Ina now displays much more emotion. She occasionally uses sarcasm and loves to carefully tease people she's familiar with, though her actions still reveal a calm and analytical mind underneath it all. In particular, she's developed a familiarity with Leo, who she regards as a brother to her. Ina despises death and, as a result, she usually attempts to pacify the losing side or heal the fatally wounded.

Backstory:
Ina spent most of her time following Leo (or to a lesser extent, Wyatt) around, protecting them from 'threats' that, in most cases, didn't actually exist. The time that wasn't spent with Leo was often spent modifying and reprogramming her internal nanobots to provide a safe way to pacify an opponent or heal wounds.

Stats: (31 total)
  • Power: 5
  • Precision: 5
  • Durability: 0
  • Health: 7
  • Agility: 14
  • Hack: 0
  • Firewall: 0

Abilities:

Redirect Power
  • User redirects power to and from a variety of high tech systems.
  • User reallocates all of their base stats.
  • If used during battle, 3 stat points are lost each time this ability is activated until the end of the battle.
  • Can only be used once every 4 turns.
Neural-binding Nanostrike
  • User configures internal magnets to launch 'bullets' of specially programmed nanobots towards an opponent. These nanobots attempt to self-replicate towards the brain once inside the target's bloodstream.
  • User makes a hack-based attack against target opponent.
  • If the damage equals or exceeds the target's current HP, no damage is dealt and the target becomes 'bound,' which persists after battle.
  • A bound target is unable to attack the user and those specified by the user. The user may also forcefully open communications with bound targets.
Nanobot Transfusion
  • User's internal nanobots are transfused into a target's body, restoring natural functions.
  • User may reduce any of their own stats by any number, which lasts until the end of battle. Target is healed by the total number of collective stat points reduced.
  • A target healed from 0 HP in this way becomes 'bound' (see Neural-binding Nanostrike).

Equipment:

Integrated Mini-laser (power)
Electromagnetic Cell Chassis (durability)
Internal Targeting Software (precision)
Thrusters, Servos and Mass reduction field (agility)
Self-replicating Nanobots (hack/health)
A firewall? (firewall)

Last edited:

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
I did it guys.

Character Sheet:

Name: Gardenia Pirosé

Birthday: 2 March

Affiliation: Magnus Institute, pro-EXODUS

Appearance(Image, description or both): http://imgur.com/NPnJmLm

Personality:

Timid at heart, she appears reluctant to join the fight against the Partition, saying, “It’s a guys thing, they’ll do the work for me”. Arrogant, (and not very smart), she believes she will climb to the top of the corporate ladder in no time flat. She has never learnt about hacking, since she believes that the Magnus’ security is “so secure no one is smart enough to break it”. She is loyal to the Magnus, considering her parents are senior members of the Institute. She is energetic and is liked by many supporters of the Institute.

Backstory(at least one paragraph):

The only child of senior members of the Magnus Institute, she had no experience and knowledge outside of the Institute. Her favourite reading material being Magnus propaganda and her parents’ transcripts, she is no doubt loyal to the Institute. All along her childhood she has participated in the speeches made by her parents, and her bubbly character has brought many moments of light-heartedness to supposedly serious speeches. As such, she is well liked by the residents of Magnus, and would want her to follow in her parents’ footsteps.

While joining a small troop outside to perform a daily routine check, Gardenia was unfortunately kidnapped by the enemy, and held for ransom. The Institute managed to get her back, and the media painted her as a hero for not succumbing to the enemy's ways. Massive celebrations and press talks had been held in her honour. However, a miscommunication between her and Director Marquese had led to her detainment in solitary confinement, where she has stayed for 8 weeks.

Stats(25 total):
Power: 3
Precision: 56
Durability: 24
Health: 35
Agility: 56
Hack: 0
Firewall: 7

Abilities:

Sneak Exit: When Health is down to half her total (rounded down), there is an x% chance (x = Agility level * 8, caps at 50%) for her to escape and regain her health back to 3.

David to Goliath: When confronted with an enemy with a Power level at least twice as large as hers, she will use her nimble movement speeds to confuse her enemy and drop their Power level down to equal her own base Power level. Has a 1/Agility level chance to fail.

Piercing Strike: When an enemy’s Health is at 1, and/or Durability is lower than hers, and her Precision level is greater than her enemy’s, she will use her dagger to pierce her enemy, increasing her Power level by 2.

Equipment:

None.

Theme song:

Code:
Changelog
---------------------
v1.0.0 Added name, age, affiliation, personality, back story, stats, abilities, and equipment to character sheet. Added appearance as WIP.

v1.0.1 Rebalanced stats.

v1.0.2 Major rebalancing of stats.

v1.0.3 Added a maximum chance to succeed for ability Sneak Exit.

v1.0.4 Lowered chance to succeed multiplier of ability Sneak Exit from 10 to 8, because I like math.

v1.1.0 Added appearance.

v1.2.0 First update after rp began, increased Agility stat point.

v1.2.1 Added theme song

v1.2.2 Added birthday and updated age.

v1.3.0 Preparations for Act 2, increased Precision to 6, Durability to 4, and Health to 5. Changed condition for Sneak Exit to occur from 1 to half her maximum health (rounded down). Updated equipment. Updated affiliation to Magnus Institute, pro-EXODUS. Updated backstory.

v1.3.1 Updated DvG ability.

Last edited:

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
I did it guys.

Character Sheet:

Name: Gardenia Pirosé

Affiliation: Magnus Institute

Appearance(Image, description or both): To be drawn (Yes, I’m drawing it myself)

Personality:

Timid at heart, she appears reluctant to join the fight against the Partition, saying, “It’s a guys thing, they’ll do the work for me”. Arrogant, (and not very smart), she believes she will climb to the top of the corporate ladder in no time flat. She has never learnt about hacking, since she believes that the Magnus’ security is “so secure no one is smart enough to break it”. She is loyal to the Magnus, considering her parents are senior members of the Institute. She is energetic and is liked by many supporters of the Institute.

Backstory(at least one paragraph):

The only child of senior members of the Magnus Institute, she had no experience and knowledge outside of the Institute. Her favourite reading material being Magnus propaganda and her parents’ transcripts, she is no doubt loyal to the Institute. All along her childhood she has participated in the speeches made by her parents, and her bubbly character has brought many moments of light-heartedness to supposedly serious speeches. As such, she is well liked by the residents of Magnus, and would want her to follow in her parents’ footsteps.

Stats(25 total):
Power: 4
Precision: 5
Durability: 4
Health: 4
Agility: 8
Hack: 0
Firewall: 0

Abilities:

Sneak Exit: When Health is down to less than 2 one. The number you are looking for is one, there is an x% chance (x = Agility level * 10) for her to escape and regain her health back to 4.

David to Goliath: When confronted with an enemy with a Power level at least twice as large as hers, she will use her nimble movement speeds to confuse her enemy and drop their Power level down to equal her own Power level. Has a 1/Agility level chance to fail.

Piercing Strike: When an enemy’s Health is at 1, and/or Durability is lower than hers, and her Precision level is greater than her enemy’s, she will use her dagger to pierce her enemy, increasing her Power level by 2.

Equipment:

A pair of pocket knives that has been polished and sharpened, and a sharp silver dagger around her neck as a necklace.
How the hell did she get involved in a fight? How would a simple businesswoman get stats like that for combat?