Bee Automation

snooder

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having a problem with automating my bees. I'm using a wooden pipe with a the most basic autarchic gate on them connected to the side of an apiary. No matter what condition I check for, even with the red line indicating the condition is true, I get nothing from the energy pulser. I have a couple drones and a princess just sitting in the output slots, not moving. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I'm running FTB Ultimate Pack v1.0.1 with forestry 2.0.0.11 if it makes a difference.

Check the pipe. it's possible that you don't have the wooden pipe itself oriented correctly. Like if you have it next to another inventory and it considers that inventory the input. Or you have the wrong type of wooden pipe.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019
Check the pipe. it's possible that you don't have the wooden pipe itself oriented correctly. Like if you have it next to another inventory and it considers that inventory the input. Or you have the wrong type of wooden pipe.

make sure that the solid colored side of the wooden pipe is attached to the apiary and the clear colored side is away from it. That with the gate set to "Items in Inventory -> Energy Pulse should move the items out of the apiary.

smalls_12

Jul 29, 2019
Should work fine, are you 100% sure its an autarchic gate and not just an iron gate? (sorry to question you, it's the only thing I can think of). Could you post a screenshot?

Yeah. Here's my setup.
kj3SSai.png

I have a basic autarchic gate set to if no redstone signal, then energy pulser.

StoneShifter

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone automated any Alveary setups yet. Or is that impossible?
I'd love to see some to get some ideas on how to set my own up. I have yet to automate any apiaries yet, but this thread is giving me some ideas.

It is possible!

automated apiarys:(not possible to refill frames automatically)
2013-04-14_19.01.24.png 2013-04-14_19.01.38.png

Sorting system:
2013-04-14_19.02.24.png

Impregnated Frames:
2013-04-14_19.03.48.png

Automated Alvearys: (about 16 frame blocks)

2013-04-14_19.02.37.png
-> you get every bee-tick 1x rare drop + 2x normal drop

And now imagine that with a diamond bee...

2013-04-14_19.04.27.png2013-04-14_19.04.42.png

Scum

Jul 29, 2019
Why does everyone use impregnated frames in their automated alveary set ups? Long lasting frames are only good for non-automated setups, where you don't want to be replacing them all the time. You may as well use untreated frames which are infinitely cheaper than impregnated, since you are placing frames in automatically anyway.

Sengir

Jul 29, 2019
Why does everyone use impregnated frames in their automated alveary set ups? Long lasting frames are only good for non-automated setups, where you don't want to be replacing them all the time. You may as well use untreated frames which are infinitely cheaper than impregnated, since you are placing frames in automatically anyway.

Because it's fun! =) (Though seeing those setups I am pondering whether impregnated should have some extra bonus...)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019

probably because to have that amount of avlearies you need a good seed oil production setup so you might as well keep on using it, that's my excuse :)

Scum

Jul 29, 2019
Because it's fun! =) (Though seeing those setups I am pondering whether impregnated should have some extra bonus...)

Yes :D. Perhaps increasing the max number of combs depending on the frame? Currently it's 20 for a shorter (or short I can't remember) life bee, maybe it would be 25 with impregnated? That would definitely get me using impregnated in my autoalvearies.

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Lifetime = 110% with Impregnated Frames and 120% with Proven Frames?
Or even better, since we don't have something like this currently: Raise the flowering/pollination chance?

Scum

Jul 29, 2019
Lifetime = 110% with Impregnated Frames and 120% with Proven Frames?
Or even better, since we don't have something like this currently: Raise the flowering/pollination chance?
Eh, I wouldn't pay that much just for a few extra flowers.

Ah wait, that could be useful for tree breeding though...

D

Deleted member 38496

There's a setup on the first page of this thread for duplicating bees. How does that work? As far as I can tell from the description, the apiarist's pipes would both send drones into the apiaries and send them on to the next one. The problem with this is that both crossbred drones from an apiary could end up going back into it, preventing pure drones from being added. On average one crossbred drone would go back in, which could still cause issues.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
There's a setup on the first page of this thread for duplicating bees. How does that work? As far as I can tell from the description, the apiarist's pipes would both send drones into the apiaries and send them on to the next one. The problem with this is that both crossbred drones from an apiary could end up going back into it, preventing pure drones from being added. On average one crossbred drone would go back in, which could still cause issues.

How it works is drones are sent one way down it, so you can have a pure bred set up the sending end, and it will send drones onto all the apiraries afterwards, but they can't send drones back to the pure bred hive. Only to ones further downstream.

So, if you have high fertility on the first apiary, or have a stack of drones, eventually all the traits will duplicate down the line

snooder

Jul 29, 2019

I was forced to switch from impregnated frames to untreated frames. My wood supply just couldn't keep up, even with 12 MFR farms. (they worked fine with fertilizer, but without fertilizer I kept running out) Which was sad because I'd already setup a decent source of seed oil from chestnuts trees in an orchard.

ResFu

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, hope you can help me. I have done few setups and nevertheless always my transport pipes spit out bees and the products, can someone show me (screens, but please exclaim what you have done and why, in short) how to make a proper overflow circuit that will prevent this (but i want to have clear builds, the less pipes (over ground) the best and Computer Craft and Turtles are not an option, those are too hardcore for me)? Because even if i will make it (overflow control circuits which offcourse do not work) from iron pipes or apiary pipes there will be something which will spit out my bee and honeycombs.. Im irritated with this... After several attempts to bee automation and still fucking spitting bees and honeycomb all over the place...

PoisonWolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, hope you can help me. I have done few setups and nevertheless always my transport pipes spit out bees and the products, can someone show me (screens, but please exclaim what you have done and why, in short) how to make a proper overflow circuit that will prevent this (but i want to have clear builds, the less pipes (over ground) the best and Computer Craft and Turtles are not an option, those are too hardcore for me)? Because even if i will make it (overflow control circuits which offcourse do not work) from iron pipes or apiary pipes there will be something which will spit out my bee and honeycombs.. Im irritated with this... After several attempts to bee automation and still fucking spitting bees and honeycomb all over the place...

If you're looking at a basic setup from the side, this is how you'd set it up. The apiary will be at the bottom, then connect a wooden transport pipe with an autarchic gate (items in inventory, energy pulser). Above that wooden pipe, connect a stone transport pipe. Then, above the apiary, put an apiarist pipe. Above the apiarist pipe, put a chest. In the apiarist pipe, set it so that any bees will point to the color of the apiary below. Then, set anything to the color of the direction that's facing the chest. What happens now is that if you have a pure-bred bee, it'll keep filling up the apiary first, and if there isn't any space, it'll go to the chest above. All items will go to the chest above. Good luck.

[UP]

Chest
^
Apiarist Pipe...< Stone Transport Pipe
.............................^
Apiary..........> Wooden Transport Pipe (with Autarchic Gate)

[BOTTOM]

D

Deleted member 38496

What I myself do to handle automation of multiple apiaries is mostly the same as above (although I do it with the apiarist pipes underneath) with the apiaries in a row and alternating stone and cobblestone transport pipes so they don't connect up. However, to easily separate the items and extra bees from each other without letting excess drones from one apiary go into a different one by accident, I set each apiarist pipe to send any bees up into the apiary above, items to the left or right, and anything down into iron pipes. That way all items come out at a single point for processing while all the extra drones go through the iron pipes to your indexers, genepools, or a void pipe.