Bee Automation

ResFu

Jul 29, 2019
Well thanks for fast replies, i'll immadietely apply this contraption to my apiaries when i will have possibility to run MC (looking for a job eats my time.. eheh...) and im sorry for my "bad" word - but i think you all know that sometimes if something is new it can irritate.. And i like to know what im doing wrong

mushroom taco

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, hope you can help me. I have done few setups and nevertheless always my transport pipes spit out bees and the products, can someone show me (screens, but please exclaim what you have done and why, in short) how to make a proper overflow circuit that will prevent this (but i want to have clear builds, the less pipes (over ground) the best and Computer Craft and Turtles are not an option, those are too hardcore for me)? Because even if i will make it (overflow control circuits which offcourse do not work) from iron pipes or apiary pipes there will be something which will spit out my bee and honeycombs.. Im irritated with this... After several attempts to bee automation and still fucking spitting bees and honeycomb all over the place...
Dude. This thread was 3 months old.

Manetheren1012

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, i know its been a long time since anyone posted, but i just loved reading this thread and just wanted to ask a question: Is there any way to automate bee breeding? This has been bugging me for a while now and i would really like to know. Btw this is my first time posting, so can you please be nice?

Thanks,
Manetheren1012

iarspider

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys, i know its been a long time since anyone posted, but i just loved reading this thread and just wanted to ask a question: Is there any way to automate bee breeding? This has been bugging me for a while now and i would really like to know. Btw this is my first time posting, so can you please be nice?

Thanks,
Manetheren1012

Yes. DireWolf20 did this many many times in his series (MC 1.4.7 - "Season 5", MC 1.6 - "ForgeCraft 2").

Manetheren1012

Jul 29, 2019
Yes. DireWolf20 did this many many times in his series (MC 1.4.7 - "Season 5", MC 1.6 - "ForgeCraft 2").
Thanks, I've heard of DireWolf20 many times but i never bothered to watch his videos, because I'm a fan of the Yogscast. Definitely something I'm going to watch though. Once I've set that up ill try and make a written walkthrough as well as posting my design on this thread. Im not very good at lua so its gonna be a challenge.

Thanks,
Manetheren1012

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I've heard of DireWolf20 many times but i never bothered to watch his videos, because I'm a fan of the Yogscast.

You know that you can be fan of several? :) Im fan of DireWolf20 and Hypnotized and watching their videos on my mobile when Im going to and from work (its about 5 hours total transport) and Im working on copying dw's bee breeding setup. Now Im working on a turtle to fill and purify serum automatic.

Manetheren1012

Jul 29, 2019
You know that you can be fan of several? :) Im fan of DireWolf20 and Hypnotized and watching their videos on my mobile when Im going to and from work (its about 5 hours total transport) and Im working on copying dw's bee breeding setup. Now Im working on a turtle to fill and purify serum automatic.
Sounds good, looking forward too seeing it if you post a screen shot.

I will post my setup this weekend, EST, and see if you guys have any advice on how to improve it!

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my setup so far:
2hqvwuw.png

On the wall from right:

Chest and hopper for bees. They go in analyzer that get honey from sqeezer. The bees then go to Genepool where they (when needed to) will be converted to DNA.

In the middle is a chest for serum sent via hopper to synthesizer. The turtle looks at the serum and when there are 16 charges on the serum it take it up in its own inventory and the turtle then sends a redstone signal to the gate. The gate will then take the serum and send it to Purifier. Here I havent made the program yet because there is problem to see the quality of the serum but Im planning to let the turtle see if there is a serum in the inventory and then wait 5 minutes before it will be taken out and sent back to the chest.

The plan is to skip the hopper and let the turtle take the next serum that needs recharged. In this way all my serum can be fully charged and in best quality.

The next plan is to be able to choose bee species and if it should be drone/princess and traits. The turtle will then get the serums from the chest and use the Inoculator on the bees.

I have big plans on fully automated bees where each alveray (Im going to have 36) is connected to a turtle and I remote can remove bees from an alveray and insert new bees (good idea if I turns out to have 2 billions diamonds :D)

Bihlbo

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to use an ME network to automate apiaries? I'm gonna try tonight, but feel free to share your thoughts.

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Would it be possible to use an ME network to automate apiaries? I'm gonna try tonight, but feel free to share your thoughts.

Yes you can. Its should not be a problem. But only if you are talking about bees. You cant do it with frames.

Manetheren1012

Jul 29, 2019
you could do the frames with alvearies with frame housing. however, to get alvearies it is good to have an automated imperial bee seup that produces royal jelly.

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
my starter setup,
2n1atde.jpg.png

Level emitter set to turn off gate after certain amount of a item is present in system, 3 export buses on frame housing set to auto-craft Imp frames.

after AE started adding in better bee support I basically got rid of all the BC pipes/gates.

trying to find better pic's with just the AE setup, losing this world really sucked cause of the fluid change from 1.5 to 1.6 forge =/
oro7ep.png

Manetheren1012

Jul 29, 2019
Nice setup, what ram do you have and what sphax are you running, ive got 32 bit java and the whole one gig of ram allocated to ftb, but ive tried even 64x sphax and it ran out of memory. Im gonna try 32x but im not holding my breath. Also post mine very soon

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
that setup was sphax 128x, I was giving MC 4gig's of ram 64x java helps ton's with higher res.

New computer runs 512x.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
Dont suppose anyone know if DW actually put his bee codes from season2 of FC2 onto pastebin?

Niels Henriksen

Jul 29, 2019
Dont suppose anyone know if DW actually put his bee codes from season2 of FC2 onto pastebin?

If you can find the episode and see some of the code you can search for it on pastebin. But I dont think that he was finish with the program.

There are several versions of the program on pastebin and Im testing one of them. My plan however is to create my own version.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried grabbing it through pastebin, just sections are chopped off. My plan was to see how it works etc and then see if i could tweak/build upon it. And it looked pretty much finished by the end of FC2

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
Nice setup, what ram do you have and what sphax are you running, ive got 32 bit java and the whole one gig of ram allocated to ftb, but ive tried even 64x sphax and it ran out of memory. Im gonna try 32x but im not holding my breath. Also post mine very soon

You're lucky it's running at all even with vanilla textures - 2gb really is the comfortable minimum for the modpacks...