Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What is the main reason you´r playing Monster?

LG Chakratos
Me?

It got more toys for me to play with :p The pack is bigger and contains a lot of interesting stuff, but at the expense of "balance" maybe. But I don't mind that as I play MC as a sandbox game, and I can regulate myself and don't have to choose the "best" or "most overpowered" solution. It simply has more building materials, automation options and just stuff in general to play around with.

But it does contain a LOT and there are stuff I never use. So I have disabled several mods and kinda wished I had disabled a few more now that I got further into the build.

chakratos

Jul 29, 2019
Me?

It got more toys for me to play with :p The pack is bigger and contains a lot of interesting stuff, but at the expense of "balance" maybe. But I don't mind that as I play MC as a sandbox game, and I can regulate myself and don't have to choose the "best" or "most overpowered" solution. It simply has more building materials, automation options and just stuff in general to play around with.

But it does contain a LOT and there are stuff I never use. So I have disabled several mods and kinda wished I had disabled a few more now that I got further into the build.

Thanks, i think i will try Monster.
I really need something new to learn ^^

LG Chakratos

KKeys

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, in the TPPI pack there is an in-game IRC chat of sorts.

I've got 2 questions regarding this, first how do I talk to the IRC.
Second, how do I disable this in-game once clicking the don't show this message again button on initial installation.

einsteinsci

Jul 29, 2019
I have a simple planter-harvester setup in agrarian skies, and somehow the planted rubber sapling turned into a harvestcraft olive sapling while my back was turned (after about 20 min), during the same play session. Game was never restarted, level never reloaded, so what happened here? The biome it was in was river, nothing special.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a graceful way to get milk into the Alchemical Furnace without also melting down buckets?

Or should I just make cake?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Is there a graceful way to get milk into the Alchemical Furnace without also melting down buckets?

I didnt really find any, so resorted to healing potions for Sano. Got a tidy sum of of Preacantio at the same time that way.

Reactions: Beeze23

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
(internet crashed this weekend DX)
Don't you mean poultrygeist?
Nope, it's already a poultry ghost, it just hasn't started throwing stuff around yet ;)

I remember coming to this issue once and wound up figuring out how to put milk into wax capsules/canisters with a bottler I think?
Wasn't graceful in the least but the end product was pure Sano. :p

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
(internet crashed this weekend DX)

Nope, it's already a poultry ghost, it just hasn't started throwing stuff around yet ;)

I remember coming to this issue once and wound up figuring out how to put milk into wax capsules/canisters with a bottler I think?
Wasn't graceful in the least but the end product was pure Sano. :p

Hrms, neither the squeezer nor bottler seem to work with milk.

Squeezer doesn't recognize bucket of milk as valid, and the bottler will only put it back in the bucket -- not cans or capsules.

(might help if I mentioned what modpack I'm on: DW20, 1.0.21)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013

Squeezer doesn't recognize bucket of milk as valid, and the bottler will only put it back in the bucket -- not cans or capsules.

My NEI in Monster shows that it should work with Magic Bees Magic Capsules and Void Capsules. Have no idea if they give aspects though.

Beeze23

Jul 29, 2019
Oho, the bottler at least lets me move it from a metal bucket over to one of the disposable wooden ones.

{ETA}
ARGH. Which the alchemical furnace doesn't recognize. :confused:

Nor does it recognize the magic capsules.

So cake it is if I don't want to spend tin . . .
{/ETA}

Last edited:

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019

So you have MFR right? You can craft a glass bottle and bucket together then to get a bottle of milk.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
Why cant i use Mimichite?
When i mine it, it transforms automatiacally to Mimichite Gem from rotarycraft :(

How can i stop this?

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
I've been putting this off for a while, but now it's starting to become a major problem.
So a lot of times my world occasionally has a strange type of lag spike. It's not where the framerate goes down, it's where all entities and tile-entities stop working. So basically, I can't throw items, mobs freeze in place, and GUIs cannot be opened. Anyone have had any sort of similar problem?