Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
I've found that the Rotarycraft Heat Ray caps out at a 128m range no matter how much power I give it. Is there any way to fix this?
This may have something to do with the fact that that is the exact distance of 8 chunks. Which I believe is the distance around the player that is loaded. So unless you were on a server or had chunk loaders this would be useless.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
This may have something to do with the fact that that is the exact distance of 8 chunks. Which I believe is the distance around the player that is loaded. So unless you were on a server or had chunk loaders this would be useless.
Players load a default radius of 11 chunks(176 blocks), so probably not that.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Ichorcloth is SUPER powerful but I wonder in all of FTB history has there been a stronger armor? I'm guessing a EE armor, bedrock armor or bound armor anyone know?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ichorcloth is SUPER powerful but I wonder in all of FTB history has there been a stronger armor? I'm guessing a EE armor, bedrock armor or bound armor anyone know?
I think it's comparable to bound armour, as in on the same level. Better in some ways, worse in others

Reactions: Padfoote

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Nope not even EE or Blood Magic compares to Ichor. The only thing that I could Imagine would be Reika's gravel gun. Which is insanley powerful.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's still possible to take damage in Ichor (when I played with it) So in that way it's worse than bound armour
Whilst, you get flight with ichor, but for bound armour you have to use a combination of sigils to achieve the same effect (faster but less controllable)

And then the equal levels, it gives off light permanently, whilst for bound armour it's possible to have permanent night vision.

Last edited:

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Well, it's still possible to take damage in Ichor (when I played with it) So in that way it's worse than bound armour
Whilst, you get flight with ichor, whilst for bound armour you have to use a combination of sigils to achieve the same effect (faster but less controllable)

And then the equal levels, it gives off light permanently, whilst for bound armour it's possible to have permanent night vision.
Wait how do you achieve flight with the bound armor? I have played around with it but never found a good flight...[DOUBLEPOST=1403234092][/DOUBLEPOST]
Nope not even EE or Blood Magic compares to Ichor. The only thing that I could Imagine would be Reika's gravel gun. Which is insanley powerful.
What's the gravel gun?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Wait how do you achieve flight with the bound armor? I have played around with it but never found a good flight...
Sadly it's buggy at the moment now

But you can combine phantom bridge sigil (in the armour is broken sadly) with an air sigil in your hand. It requires something extra to the armour which is why I said it was an advantage the ichor had above bound.

Using the phantom bridge + air sigil in your hand you can achieve a sort of flight where you Use the sigil for a bit, then hit shift to make a platform to land on, and do that repetitively (if you do it all in one go you'll travel faster than chunks can load generally)

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Wait how do you achieve flight with the bound armor? I have played around with it but never found a good flight...[DOUBLEPOST=1403234092][/DOUBLEPOST]
What's the gravel gun?
It's a weapon from Rotarycraft that shoots gravel and does 100 and something damage. It can shoot from something like 8 chunks away and the gravel bullet lands exactly where you clicked.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
It's obviously the ghosts of chickens you've killed. Bring in a villager priest to exorcise your base before it becomes a poltergeist. :eek:
enedeged.jpg

Sent from my Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kill-Joy

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
So I built my floor out of colored stone bricks from Extra Utilties. I log in today and they look like this:
http://i.imgur.com/OVaz0EM.png[/spoiler]

Does anyone know what can change their color like this or how I can fix it? They're all in the same biome and breaking/replacing them doesn't help.
Changing them back isn't that difficult. You can dye them in block form or in a crafting table. The issue is what changed them, cause odds are it'll happen again.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
the block didn't change. It's the same in waila and the same in block ID. Swapping those bricks with bricks from elsewhere that are the proper color has no effect.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
just tried removing all the lighting in the area, no change. Also my friend pointed out it's only in a certain chunk.

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
So this is probably a really dumb question, but...

Will my FPS improve if I just disable a bunch of mods that I don't/will never use? Even if the mods don't have any entites or blocks placed in the world?