Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
I would go through and make sure there aren't more conflicts before you encounter them, like the time my quarry started spitting out IC seed packets. OTL
Thank goodness ids are finally removed in 1.7 because reconfiguring them is not fun. *twitches madly whilst attempting to forget past horrors*
What do you mean they are removed in 1.7? Dont items have to have item ids?

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
How is OreDict going to work? Items such as steel are added by many mods, so how is this going to work?
As far as I know, items have prefixes based on its origin. For example, stone is represented by minecraft:stone instead of the ID 1. Therefore, it would be something along the lines of railcraft:steel, enderio:steel, rotarycraft:steel and so on.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
As far as I know, items have prefixes based on its origin. For example, stone is represented by minecraft:stone instead of the ID 1. Therefore, it would be something along the lines of railcraft:steel, enderio:steel, rotarycraft:steel and so on.
Oh okay that makes sense. Thanks!

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm getting into TC4 for the first time and Salis Mundus seems to be a big gateway for me right now. What's the best way to farm ethereal essence? I know you can get it from wisps but I have no idea how to find them in TC4.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I'm getting into TC4 for the first time and Salis Mundus seems to be a big gateway for me right now. What's the best way to farm ethereal essence? I know you can get it from wisps but I have no idea how to find them in TC4.

Best way to get essence is to break the top block of any totems you find in the world. This will destroy the node inside but it drops a bunch of essence.

Failing that, wisps tend to be more plentiful in the nether, or so it seems from my experience. It's best to get some form of flight so you can cover more ground though.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
How is OreDict going to work? Items such as steel are added by many mods, so how is this going to work?

As it currently stands mods must register their items to be added to the oreDict; this won't change when IDs are "removed". It's a process that is independent of the ID assigned.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Use Minetweaker to override recipes and/or create your own. If you cannot understand how to use it, tell me your modpack and all the recipe changes you desire and I can assist you.
Why would he want to install and new mod into his modpack? He just wants to make certain blocks and transport them into specific Storage Blocks, adding a mod for the sake of it is just silly. He doesn't need to spend hours working out MineTweaker, when he could probably just use a different method in-game.
Now, to begin to actually answer his question:

What are you using to craft it? Workbenches? IC2/TE blocks? We're going to need to know how you're doing this.

Also, it is "MineTweaker", not "Minetweaker".

Reactions: pc_assassin

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have much experience with enderio, but it does sound like an ID conflict as Not_Steve said. Ensure that all items/blocks have unique IDs. If there is a conflict, change it to an ID that is not taken. If there is no conflict you can just override the recipe with Minetweaker.
EnderIO! Not 'enderio'.
Proper nouns are used to show important, capital needing names.

And stop with MineTweaker overriding, why learn a complex mod when there are easier options that produce the exact same outcome.
If anything, he should use IDFix/IDFix Minus.

KKeys

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably just being blind, or stupid, so I figure this is the place to go.

I've re-picked up Agrarian Skies, to try the 2.1.9 build. Deleted all of the old files in my FTB folder, and got the update.
There is no pre-generated world to play. When I make a new world, I just fall through the ground.
It takes me a long time to update between packs, but I've tried 2.1.9, 2.1.8, and 2.1.7 and none have a world for me to play.

What version has the most recently updated pre-generated world to play on?

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I'm probably just being blind, or stupid, so I figure this is the place to go.

I've re-picked up Agrarian Skies, to try the 2.1.9 build. Deleted all of the old files in my FTB folder, and got the update.
There is no pre-generated world to play. When I make a new world, I just fall through the ground.
It takes me a long time to update between packs, but I've tried 2.1.9, 2.1.8, and 2.1.7 and none have a world for me to play.

What version has the most recently updated pre-generated world to play on?
Well, I'm guessing 'Recommended'.
Though, are you sure you're using the right world?

Reactions: KKeys

KKeys

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I'm downloading the Recommended version now - hopefully that will help. I hadn't thought of that, I always assumed the "Modpack Name" (vX.X.X) in the mod list on the left was listing the stable version number.

[EDIT] Okay, downloading the Recommended version does not have the pre-generated world in Agrarian Skies. :(

I don't really want to try my luck with the vast amount of online world downloads.

[EDIT #2] Version 2.1.1 has the pre-generated worlds if anyone with my question happens uppon this. Now to update again to 2.1.9 :D

Last edited:
Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Just a tip @KKeys, I don't get an alert if you edit, so sorry if I haven't replied for a while. Make sure you just double post. :)
What world are you using?

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Silverwood trees often contain pure nodes. They aren't useful for wand recharging nor anything else other than the research points from scanning them. I usually chop the whole tree down and gather the wispy essence you get from breaking a node. If you have Dartcraft in your mod pack, the Force Mitts give you extra Silverwood sapling drops. You can use them to make a Silverwood farm. Be warned, any Silverwood that grows with a pure node will change the surrounding area into a magical forest biome.

Also, as I scan the Overworld and other dimensions for nodes, I note the least useful nodes. For example, if I find several tiny nodes (less than 25) in a desert, I'll just break them and get the essence that way. I'll also break nodes in other dimensions like the Twilight Forest or the Nether, if I have plenty of duplicate types to use in the Overworld.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Hmm, I'm downloading the Recommended version now - hopefully that will help. I hadn't thought of that, I always assumed the "Modpack Name" (vX.X.X) in the mod list on the left was listing the stable version number.

[EDIT] Okay, downloading the Recommended version does not have the pre-generated world in Agrarian Skies. :(

I don't really want to try my luck with the vast amount of online world downloads.

[EDIT #2] Version 2.1.1 has the pre-generated worlds if anyone with my question happens uppon this. Now to update again to 2.1.9 :D

Try a "Force Update" from the loader Options button. This has always loaded new copies of the worlds for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1402504544][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is the unstable 1.7 pack anyfun?

I like it... It doesn't have everything the 1.6 packs have but on the other hand it only has some 40-odd mods in it, causing it to run much faster/less lag.

Reactions: Peewee