Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone know how to change the output of a crafting recipe? Specifically, I want to change what storage blocks certain ingots will craft into. Currently, most of my ingots (doesn't what mod they're from) get turned into IC2 blocks. I'd like them to convert into Thermal Expansion blocks.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

Reactions: pc_assassin

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone know how to change the output of a crafting recipe? Specifically, I want to change what storage blocks certain ingots will craft into. Currently, most of my ingots (doesn't what mod they're from) get turned into IC2 blocks. I'd like them to convert into Thermal Expansion blocks.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)
Use Minetweaker to override recipes and/or create your own. If you cannot understand how to use it, tell me your modpack and all the recipe changes you desire and I can assist you.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so never got the enderio recipes to work? I installed sortfix but the recipes still want to use genetic waste instead of binder, anyone know my problem? And can anyone help?

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
@ProfessorMudkip hear my call. By the ancient covenant I summon thee.
Go now, mortal. I have opened a portal that will lead you to safety. May the eternal light shine upon you and your descendants for what you have done this day.

Ok, so never got the enderio recipes to work? I installed sortfix but the recipes still want to use genetic waste instead of binder, anyone know my problem? And can anyone help?
I don't have much experience with enderio, but it does sound like an ID conflict as Not_Steve said. Ensure that all items/blocks have unique IDs. If there is a conflict, change it to an ID that is not taken. If there is no conflict you can just override the recipe with Minetweaker.

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
Go now, mortal. I have opened a portal that will lead you to safety. May the eternal light shine upon you and your descendants for what you have done this day.

I don't have much experience with enderio, but it does sound like an ID conflict as Not_Steve said. Ensure that all items/blocks have unique IDs. If there is a conflict, change it to an ID that is not taken. If there is no conflict you can just override the recipe with Minetweaker.
How can i find out what all the id's are that aren't taken?

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
I would go through and make sure there aren't more conflicts before you encounter them, like the time my quarry started spitting out IC seed packets. OTL
Thank goodness ids are finally removed in 1.7 because reconfiguring them is not fun. *twitches madly whilst attempting to forget past horrors*