Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed one of the configs for RandomThings under vanilla changes lets you edit edit signs, Anyone know how to use this?

No one

Jul 29, 2019
Are bacon and beef jerky from agriculture supposed to give you food bars? It seems that they aren't giving me any, so I'm wondering if this is a bug.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
I recently started a new playthrough on the DW20 1.6.4 pack (v1.0.23) and for some reason NEI isn't allowing me to change my inventory settings without being in World mode instead of Global. Changing options under Global doesn't do anything. For example, I click to change from recipe mode to cheat mode or utility while under Global but none of the icons and profiles show up. I have to go into World mode to change modes and to turn on certain features.

So, my question would be is it supposed to be this way? Is it user error and there's a setting that I'm simply missing that changes this? or is this a bug?

It's not that big of a deal since I just have to press world before I switch modes but it is still kind of annoying and would like to know how to fix it. :)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
What are the different heat sources for Rotarycraft machines?
Where you put them makes a difference too; friction heaters are at their best in the nether where they start at 300c (how in the world does anyone survive the nether at that temperature?)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Lava/fire are the most basic, you can also use a heater powered by furnace fuel for a more controlled heat
Where you put them makes a difference too; friction heaters are at their best in the nether where they start at 300c (how in the world does anyone survive the nether at that temperature?)

The reason i ask is because i can't get the blast furnace up to 1000 and my fermenter is too cold. Lava only seems to up the blast furnace to 615, but that's way too hot to use for the fermenters.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
The reason i ask is because i can't get the blast furnace up to 1000 and my fermenter is too cold. Lava only seems to up the blast furnace to 615, but that's way too hot to use for the fermenters.
Yeah, it's difficult. For the blast furnace, light a fire under it AND put fire next to it.

For the fermenter, you may need to change biomes or use an actual powered heater so you can set the temperature.

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
You actually need a friction heater to reach that heat

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
You actually need a friction heater to reach that heat
Not necessarily, although it's probably the easiest way once you're at the point you need that much heat.

I missed that he wanted 1000c though, so my bad there. Still, set it up in the nether, friction unnecessary.

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
Why do my plum trees not drop any plums? It's also not working in a forestry multifarm. No plums are dropped or collected.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Why do my plum trees not drop any plums? It's also not working in a forestry multifarm. No plums are dropped or collected.
Are you giving them enough time to ripen? Try hitting a leaf block with bonemeal and then harvest, as that should set them to fully ripe on that block.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
They are not meant to be collected like apples on oaks by simply harvesting the trees. You need to keep the trees and let the fruit ripen over time and then pick it once its fully ripe. Set your Forestry multifarm to Orchard manual mode and it will pick the fruit/nuts when it ripens without cutting down the trees.

Reactions: Shabazza